Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New Lug Nuts?

1BadTundra

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 BlackWing
I bought a set from the local AutoZone today. I just wanted to swap the stock chrome for a black set. These looked smaller. Initial inspection:
I put my caliper across the taper and it was .8 vs the OEM at .9 of the diameter of the bite marks on the lug.
They also weren't as deep as the OEM. Just about an 1/8" shallower. Not sure if that matters, as long as they tighten up before bottoming out.
Long story short, I didn't install them. I'm too paranoid about these small differences.
Any thoughts on where to get a decent set of Black Spline Drive Lug Nuts, without breaking the bank? I don't need a $200 set, clearly Cadillac didn't put that much into the OEM design.

The best black lug nuts I've found are McGard Spline Drives. Been using them for 10+ years on black wheels. The coating doesn't rust or chip (although the uncoated seat can exhibit some surface rust). If you make a mistake and step on one you won't find a mark on the black coating. Another feature is the floating seat... reduces wear & tear on aluminum wheels if you take them off a lot for maintenance or cleaning. Finally, they are narrower and longer than OEM, making them compatible with aftermarket wheels and longer ARP studs.

For the hex tool, there are two options: P/N 65301 (1" drive) or 65302 (22mm drive). I typically get two tools plus a cheap pair of impact sockets and keep one set in a bag in the glove box.

Speaking of lug nuts, if anyone wants *proper* wheel locks, the only kind that is effective are these:

This design is a derivative of HexLox, which are used on bicycles. There's no known way to defeat these. Plenty of ways to defeat conventional locks and splined lug nuts (usually just hammering a smaller 12-pt socket onto it will do the trick).

Last edited:
That's the part number I get using my VIN, and it lists V Blackwing in vehicle fitment. But it's worth verifying they are correct before ordering.

McGard or Gorilla.

Just make sure you get 14x1.5 with a 60 degree conical seat. A narrower seat (sometimes called 'acorn' style) can actually cut into the wheel and/or damage the finish.

McGard or Gorilla.

Just make sure you get 14x1.5 with a 60 degree conical seat. A narrower seat (sometimes called 'acorn' style) can actually cut into the wheel and/or damage the finish.
These are absolutely m14x1.5 with a 60 degree conical seat. The overall diameter of the new nut is a little smaller than the OEM nut. The OEM nut has a wear mark under it. That is .9", the overall diameter of the cone of the new nut is .8"
That's my only concern.

I just traded in my Blackwing for a C8 Z06 and I have a set of titanium lug nuts for sale. I waited a month for them and the cost around $300. I would let them go for a good price. If interested pm me. Thanks.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back