Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New CTS-V owner in Tucson

tanmanski

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'06 CTS-V base, CAI & HCI
Greetings fellow CTS-V enthusiasts!

I'm delighted to have finally found the CTS-V I've been wanting. The car was in Vegas for the last 2 owners and in SoCal before that. The car has been dyno'd and tuned. Given the mods (CAI, long tube headers, cam, heads & intake, tuned) I would have thought it would be more than +50 RWHP over stock, but it runs well and has good power. The exhaust smells pretty rich and AFR was in the low 12's when it was dyno'd. Does that seem too rich?

I'll probably do more research before embarking on any further mods.

Looking forward to learning all about the CTS-V from this board!

Welcome to the V-Net!

The Air Force sent me to Tucson a couple of times. I liked it out there except for the real heat of the summer. Then again, the mountains are a short drive.

Greetings fellow CTS-V enthusiasts!

I'm delighted to have finally found the CTS-V I've been wanting. The car was in Vegas for the last 2 owners and in SoCal before that. The car has been dyno'd and tuned. Given the mods (CAI, long tube headers, cam, heads & intake, tuned) I would have thought it would be more than +50 RWHP over stock, but it runs well and has good power. The exhaust smells pretty rich and AFR was in the low 12's when it was dyno'd. Does that seem too rich?

I'll probably do more research before embarking on any further mods.

Looking forward to learning all about the CTS-V from this board!

You didn't say which generation CTS-V you have, but I'm guessing its one with an NA engine. If you have a CAI, long-tubes, headwork and camshaft, you ought to be putting down more than 50-hp above stock. It ought to be more like 75-100 over stiock.

At WOT, across the board, you want 0.85 lambda at wide-open throttle which is either 12.2:1 AFR, if you are using E10 gas, or you're using gas with no ethanol, 12.5:1 AFR.

If the exhaust smells rich, it might be rich because, while many tuners can do the fueling at WOT, not many can do a good job on a modified engine's part throttle either because 1) they don't know how or 2) they don't want to tell you how much it costs.

Trust me, with all those mods, if the part throttle wasn't done right, that could be your "richness". You need to find a tuner and be will to pay the cost of getting the main VE table right then getting the MAF table right.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop