Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Need some help

Nadnerb

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5-V Blackwing
Of course the next month after having my engine replaced I now have a service charging system malfunction stating the vehicle may stall. It is colder than usual out here but still. I need some help here. Tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it, dropped to 10v upon restart and then went back to 11.3. Under load it seems to go up to 11.4

2023 5BW
Anyone got any recommendations or should I just get it towed back to the dealership tonight.

240E45CC-C202-4E81-9076-10FC6F112DE6.jpeg

If you are not seeing upwards of 13-14v after starting, you need to take it in for service. The battery is going to discharge.

Take it in.
They probably forgot a connector or a ground connection.

Yeah, its running on battery power. If you have a multimeter, you can check actual voltage at the battery when the car is running and other power points in the engine bay. If you can get access to the alternator post, that would be the best way to verify if the alternator is working or not.

Yeah, its running on battery power. If you have a multimeter, you can check actual voltage at the battery when the car is running and other power points in the engine bay. If you can get access to the alternator post, that would be the best way to verify if the alternator is working or not.
The battery quite simply won’t go past 11.3-4 volts. Had it on a jump box trying to push more power to it. I think it may just be toast. Gonna have a new battery put in it tomorrow. If that doesn’t fix it then I guess I’m carless for the holidays.

Well if the alternator isnt charging, you're not gonna see it go pass 12v. Get the battery tested first since thats probably the easiest thing to do first. Getting a multimeter probe to the alternator can be a lil tricky since the towards the bottom on the driver side of the engine.

Well if the alternator isnt charging, you're not gonna see it go pass 12v. Get the battery tested first since thats probably the easiest thing to do first. Getting a multimeter probe to the alternator can be a lil tricky since the towards the bottom on the driver side of the engine.
I’m wondering it may just be my battery since it’ll charge when it drops to the 10v range

Update for y’all. Probably just a loose connector or something. Weird thing and even Cadillac was saying it shouldn’t, but it is running and driving just fine other than a CEL. It sits at 11.3 volts and I drove it 10 miles to the dealership. The battery light even went away. Who knows what’s up with it but the car won’t charge the battery past 11.3-4v. But other than that it runs and drives perfectly.

Update for y’all. Probably just a loose connector or something. Weird thing and even Cadillac was saying it shouldn’t, but it is running and driving just fine other than a CEL. It sits at 11.3 volts and I drove it 10 miles to the dealership. The battery light even went away. Who knows what’s up with it but the car won’t charge the battery past 11.3-4v. But other than that it runs and drives perfectly.
So sorry to hear this. I'm at 3300 miles so far and all I can say is it's worth putting up with this bullshit. You hang in there. Eventually they will fix the car and this time next year you won't regret it.

Are you at the point where you're ready to lemon law it and if so did they offer you the next place in line for a 2023 BW?

So sorry to hear this. I'm at 3300 miles so far and all I can say is it's worth putting up with this bullshit. You hang in there. Eventually they will fix the car and this time next year you won't regret it.

Are you at the point where you're ready to lemon law it and if so did they offer you the next place in line for a 2023 BW?
I think I need to take it to another dealership. I told them it was an alternator and they just replaced the battery and called it good. It died on me on the way home. Towed it back in and sure enough replacing the alternator fixed the problem. Weird. All good again. Every time I drive this car it’s smiles and then heart attacks whenever I hear a weird noise. Really don’t want to lemon it because I haven't found a car that calls to me as much as this one does. Hopefully it's just a bad dealership.

I haven't found a car that calls to me as much as this one does.
....what is that....take the blue key out of that pouch over there? ok
....bring it close to you? Sure
...... yes....I want to hear you growl. precious......yes........

I think I need to take it to another dealership. I told them it was an alternator and they just replaced the battery and called it good. It died on me on the way home. Towed it back in and sure enough replacing the alternator fixed the problem. Weird. All good again. Every time I drive this car it’s smiles and then heart attacks whenever I hear a weird noise. Really don’t want to lemon it because I haven't found a car that calls to me as much as this one does. Hopefully it's just a bad dealership.
Atleast you got it resolved now. Just keep an eye on it. If you see it go below 12v again while driving, it might be doing it again.

Atleast you got it resolved now. Just keep an eye on it. If you see it go below 12v again while driving, it might be doing it again.
Who knows. I'll just keep breaking things and they'll keep fixing it. That's what the warranty is for lol. I just hate that every time it breaks I get a buick encore loaner. Maybe it's their way of deterring me from breaking more things.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back