Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

My CT4-V Blackwing Collector Series

I know on mazdaspeed3's it was not uncommon for the intake to come off of the turbo and cause CELs to pop. Anytime a car uses metered air before the turbo and it has a connection or a leak, it can cause a lot of frustration chasing the gremlin. I would do exactly what @Mirza Grebovic suggested and make sure that the connections are all good and that there are no obvious leaks (ie: boost tubes being loose)

@Mirza Grebovic , I just heard back from the dealership. The bad news is that whatever is wrong apparently isn’t anything easy nor obvious and we’re not getting our car back today. The good news is that they appear to be doing things the right way and have consulted with Cadillac Engineers. They’re running some type of smoke test which fills the intake system up with smoke to determine if there are any leaks. To be continued tomorrow.

Smoke tests are good... any time I deal with leaks on a turbo car, I almost immediately go to a smoke test

Smoke tests are good... any time I deal with leaks on a turbo car, I almost immediately go to a smoke test
Thanks for your insight @burn813 it’s greatly appreciated as this is my 1st turbo car.

@WONT TAP , do you have any experience with / insight on the P1101 code on these engines? TIA

@WONT TAP , do you have any experience with / insight on the P1101 code on these engines? TIA
On the 2016 through 2019 ATS-Vs, DTC P1101 indicates that one or both of the MAF sensors are out of range. Here is a description of how the actual diagnostic works on the ATS-Vs. Once can assume it would be similar on the CT4-V Blackwing, even though the MAF sensor electronics are completely different.

DTC P1101

- DTCs P00E9, P00EA, P00EB, P00EC, P0101, P0102, P0103, P0107, P0108, P010B, P010C, P010D, P0111, P0112, P0113, P0114, P0116, P0117, P0118, P0128, P0335, P0336, P0237, P0238, P2227, P2228, P2229, P222B, P222C, P222D, P222E, or P2230 are not set

- The engine speed is between 400-6,500 RPM

- The engine coolant temperature (ECT) is between -8 to +125°C (+17.6 to +257°F).

- The intake air temperature (IAT) sensor 1 is between -21 to +124°C (-5.8 to +255°F).

- The DTC runs continuously when the above conditions are met.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

The ECM detects that the actual air flow rate is greater than the calculated air flow.

@Mirza Grebovic , they’re replacing a boost / temperature sensor and then they have to drive it for 30 miles. Therefore, I won’t know until tomorrow if that did the trick or not. 🤞🏼

@Mirza Grebovic , I guess the sensor didn’t do it as I just received text and email notifications of another CEL which would have occurred during the 30 mile test drive. This really sucks!

@Mirza Grebovic , I guess the sensor didn’t do it as I just received text and email notifications of another CEL which would have occurred during the 30 mile test drive. This really sucks!
Sorry to hear man but let me know what dealer finds. They have a diagnosis tree. Is it the same code back or?

@Mirza Grebovic , I didn’t get a definitive answer from the Service Advisor regarding the code other than he believes that it was. The GM Engineers have now instructed the Technician to replace one of the MAF sensors due to an incorrect flow reading. Unfortunately, the MAF sensor won’t get to them until tomorrow morning. They’ll then replace it and send another data load to the Engineers. 🤞🏼

@Mirza Grebovic , the new MAF sensor did not resolve the CEL either. Same code. They’re swapping the MAF sensors from side to side and are doing further testing. 🤷🏻‍♂️ What’s it take to get some real intervention?

Last edited:
@Mirza Grebovic , the new MAF sensor did not resolve the CEL either. Same code. They’re swapping the MAF sensors from side to side and are doing further testing. 🤷🏻‍♂️ What’s it take to get some real intervention?
I would imagine they already checked for vacuum leaks ??

I assume so with the smoke test that they conducted.
I hope they checked the wiring to make sure every pin is connecting, being new cable, you could have one pin making intermittent connection.

Or it could be a bad crimp on a wire that makes it intermittent.
I'm use to working on mainly engines and these new fandangle things will drive you crazy.

I hope they checked the wiring to make sure every pin is connecting, being new cable, you could have one pin making intermittent connection.
I hope so as well before they started swapping parts. They’ve now replaced 2 sensors to no avail.

Just going over some of Cadillacs definitions: It looks like all electrical/electronic issues.
Wiring, mechanical fault, engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor, barometric pressure (BARO) sensor, intake air temperature (IAT) sensor, manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor, mass air flow (MAF) sensor, throttle position (TP) switch

Just going over some of Cadillacs definitions: It looks like all electrical/electronic issues.
Wiring, mechanical fault, engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor, barometric pressure (BARO) sensor, intake air temperature (IAT) sensor, manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor, mass air flow (MAF) sensor, throttle position (TP) switch
The 1st sensor replaced, before the MAF sensor was stated to be for boost & temperature. I wonder whether 1 sensor would actually monitor both of those readings.

The 1st sensor replaced, before the MAF sensor was stated to be for boost & temperature. I wonder whether 1 sensor would actually monitor both of those readings.
What monitors the MAF is the PCM module. Powertrain control module.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back