Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

MT Buyers Only: If MT was not available, would you still buy a Blackwing?

If a manual wasn't offered, would you still get/have gotten a Blackwing?

• Total voters
I'm a lone data point, but I've owned nothing but Japanese cars since 1988. And if the 4BW did not have a manual available, I'd be on the waiting list for a Honda Civic Type R right now.
Its disturbing how alike we are. I wanna tear that type R sooooooooo bad on a track!!!!

I want to grab a new Type R as a third car for myself to use as a year round car here in Canada and a cheaper alternative to take to the local track vs the C7 Z06 or 5BW.

It may take me 2 years to do so though given the "leaked" production numbers. If that fails a '23 Colorado ZR2 is looking nice as well to round out the roster with an offroad/adventure vehicle.

Back on topic though, if the Blackwings had no manual I wouldn't be buying anything, I'd probably just keep my Wrangler 392 and my Z06 and call it a day. The fact it became real has made me figure out how to get it and keep my Z06. Nothing else would interest me enough to give up one of my vehicles.

Well maybe a C8 Z06 HTC but a manual 5BW made that an easy decision.

I want to grab a new Type R as a third car for myself to use as a year round car here in Canada and a cheaper alternative to take to the local track vs the C7 Z06 or 5BW.

It may take me 2 years to do so though given the "leaked" production numbers. If that fails a '23 Colorado ZR2 is looking nice as well to round out the roster with an offroad/adventure vehicle.

Back on topic though, if the Blackwings had no manual I wouldn't be buying anything, I'd probably just keep my Wrangler 392 and my Z06 and call it a day. The fact it became real has made me figure out how to get it and keep my Z06. Nothing else would interest me enough to give up one of my vehicles.

Well maybe a C8 Z06 HTC but a manual 5BW made that an easy decision.
What are the leaked numbers??? I'm on the list to get one? I don't go to the Honda forums anymore....

What are the leaked numbers??? I'm on the list to get one? I don't go to the Honda forums anymore....
In Canada it seems like we will only get 546 cars over 3 years, so 180 a year for the entire country, which is very low. I don't know what the US numbers are but I've heard the new Type R is going to be at 40% production capacity compared to the last gen. I believe the US received something like 48k Type R's over 4 years for the last gen, so now you may only be getting around 19k over 3 years for the new one.

If you're at the top of a dealer list you will most likely be fine but if you only recently got on a dealer list, depending on the dealer, its possible you might not see one given the assumed limited production run.

In Canada it seems like we will only get 546 cars over 3 years, so 180 a year for the entire country, which is very low. I don't know what the US numbers are but I've heard the new Type R is going to be at 40% production capacity compared to the last gen. I believe the US received something like 48k Type R's over 4 years for the last gen, so now you may only be getting around 19k over 3 years for the new one.

If you're at the top of a dealer list you will most likely be fine but if you only recently got on a dealer list, depending on the dealer, its possible you might not see one given the assumed limited production run.
I'm first on the list but this car is going to be for my son and he will be paying for it...There will be a 10K market adjust plus a couple of "dealer add on" and I don't want to do that but my son is the one paying for it....

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back