Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

More Deletions?

I really hope so. Getting concerned about constraints and further things that can removed with limited notice. I reached out to my dealer as well about this and will update if I hear anything. If everything that I'm told is correct, my build was applied to a current allocation the dealer had that has a tpw of 2/07/22. I was excited to hear that....until I read this thread lol.
Yeah, I hated to be the barer of bad news, but thought all should be aware. I'm waiting to hear from my dealer too. Not holding my breath on that. I'm trying to decide at what point do I bale? What gets deleted and I say I'm out.

Yeah, I hated to be the barer of bad news, but thought all should be aware. I'm waiting to hear from my dealer too. Not holding my breath on that. I'm trying to decide at what point do I bale? What gets deleted and I say I'm out.
"Starting 2/7/2022 Cadillac will forego shipping units with engines, no word on if this can be retroactively added once constraints are lifted, consult with your dealer for even less information"

"Starting 2/7/2022 Cadillac will forego shipping units with engines, no word on if this can be retroactively added once constraints are lifted, consult with your dealer for even less information"
Just wait until the Corvette plant goes on strike and makes this statement closer to reality. ;)

I really hope so. Getting concerned about constraints and further things that can removed with limited notice. I reached out to my dealer as well about this and will update if I hear anything. If everything that I'm told is correct, my build was applied to a current allocation the dealer had that has a tpw of 2/07/22. I was excited to hear that....until I read this thread lol.
It's clear, the only thing to do is...REFUSE DELIVERY WITHOUT SENSORS!!

Not quite- my SS is properly configured to require someone to actuate the clutch during the process... Or so I've been told; as I only use the parking button to turn off the annoying beeping while backing into the garage. I guess I get too close to the wall for Bitchin' Betty's comfort.

For what it's worth, my salesman just responded and said anything being excluded will have a later retrofit according to his GM rep. Take that with a grain of salt but at least it's leaning in the direction that the December messages were of later retrofits will be done. The good news at least with this is that the sensors are plug and play harnesses and there's no way they would be modifying the main wiring loom to omitt the female connectors that these would clip into - means that a retrofit wouldnt require any custom work

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220120-142023.jpg
    Screenshot_20220120-142023.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 109
So are they going to retrofit new bumpers onto them too? Or is a tech going to drill a hole?

Neither option sounds particularly attractive to me. If it's a new bumper cover, paint match will be an issue. If its techs drilling holes... well... we all know how that goes...

Or do they just deliver the car with four holes in the back?

This is my opinion and not from anything official, but the chip shortage is likely affecting modules that will be on the wiring looms themselves. The bumpers are injection molded and will always have the holes that a sensor would clip into, the actual sensors themselves likely are not too affected by shortages and would be installed it's just that the harnesses likely wouldnt be installed inside the bumper. This would be a 1hr book job to remove the bumper clip in the harness and plug it in. Again this is just my speculation from looking at parts diagrams and my experience currently working in automotive engineering and working with supply constraints.

In the diagram, parts 4,5, and 6 are things that may have chip constraints. These all are modular and clip into the bumper. The actual sensors are quite dumb and will likely ship in the bumper so from the outside you wouldn't notice anything was different or missing. Again MY opinion not GM's.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220120-152034.png
    Screenshot_20220120-152034.png
    285.6 KB · Views: 103
This is my opinion and not from anything official, but the chip shortage is likely affecting modules that will be on the wiring looms themselves. The bumpers are injection molded and will always have the holes that a sensor would clip into, the actual sensors themselves likely are not too affected by shortages and would be installed it's just that the harnesses likely wouldnt be installed inside the bumper. This would be a 1hr book job to remove the bumper clip in the harness and plug it in. Again this is just my speculation from looking at parts diagrams and my experience currently working in automotive engineering and working with supply constraints.

In the diagram, parts 4,5, and 6 are things that may have chip constraints. These all are modular and clip into the bumper. The actual sensors are quite dumb and will likely ship in the bumper so from the outside you wouldn't notice anything was different or missing. Again MY opinion not GM's.
It's probably a very good opinion, and I'd add that the sensor in question is shared across like 10 different models, so to answer @DustinEarnhardt they'd deliver an entire fleet of Blazers with 4 holes in the bumper before they'll let a single Caddy leave undressed- whether it's a 5BW or a base model XT4.

I also would also entertain the theory that cosmetic alterations would be negligible. It will likely be addition of a module to allow the operation of the accessory and maybe a little reprogramming.

With a retrofit, it is far less concerning.

With a retrofit, it is far less concerning.
Agreed, still salty but this at least it's aligning with my salesman saying anything getting nixed right now is planned to be retrofitted soon... Depending on when my car even gets built the parts might be ready already lol. Not sure if this means we will see a $50 credit plus the retrofit though or what. I'd be ok with some things getting retrofitted if I got that plus the credit. Things like a backseat ($250 credit), catalytic converter and other emission systems ($4000 credit) etc etc 😂

I can live without parking sensors, I told my dealer I can without CF1. Might change colors if it comes to that. But my preference is to wait for the things I want. The car will drive the same, and that is what it is all about.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back