Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

More Deletions?

Finally-a-V

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 V Blackwing
Has anyone seen these two possible deletions? This is from the GM Global Distribution Update and Ordering Information. Looking at Cadillac's online build and price, it doesn't come right out and say this. It talks about "some items not available" and contact your dealer. Can anyone confirm that these two items might be deleted?

1--from week of 1/17/2022
  • Interior section-Deleted (KBC) Steering wheel mounted paddle shift controls, entirely.
  • Interior section-(KB7) Steering wheel mounted Alloy paddle shift controls, deleted footnote 1 entirely. Current footnote 2 becomes footnote 1 and applies to 1SV.
2--from week of 1/10/2022

• Exterior section-Added (00Z) Not Equipped with Front and Rear Park Assist and Reverse Automatic Braking, see dealer for details. Availability is Reference Only "A" on both PEGs with footnote 1 on 1SF which read "Vehicles built prior to January 24, 2022, include Front and Rear Park Assist and Reverse Automatic Braking. Certain vehicles built on or after January 24, 2022, will be forced to include (00Z) Not Equipped with Front and Rear Park Assist and Reverse Automatic Braking, which removes Front and Rear Park Assist and Reverse Automatic Braking. See the window label for the features on a specific vehicle." Also added footnote 2 to 1SV which reads "Vehicles built prior to January 24, 2022, include Front and Rear Park Assist and includes Reverse Automatic Braking when (MHX) 10-speed automatic transmission is ordered. Certain vehicles built on or after January 24, 2022, will be forced to include (00Z) Not Equipped with Front and Rear Park Assist and Reverse Automatic Braking, which removes Front and Rear Park Assist and Reverse Automatic Braking. See the window label for the features on a specific vehicle.".

Item 1 is in context regarding Supercruise. It appears they removed the shift paddles when you option for SC. Shift paddles (KB7) are still there when equipped with the 10 speed auto.

Item 2 deletion is unfortunately going around on many GM brands right now. They haven't spoken about retrofit for that one, yet.

Item 1 is a little confusing.

Item 2 was confirmed by Cadillacauthority.com. At this time it's not known about any future retro fit or if there will be any price adjustment.

It just gets better and better.

@Metal4all6 .....I can't confirm for sure, but it is on the GM Global site and yes, it's for the auto trans.

So my car is TPW 1/24. How would I know if anything got dropped from my build. I am not sure I would take delivery without sensors.

@turbotaz.......I think it says after 1/24 and it gives the classic "contact your dealer for more information". But good question. 24th is Monday, so I'd guess it'll be deleted. Some where it said it'll be noted on the window sticker. It's just getting worse.

I'm sure it's CT4's too. Seems it is effecting many/most GM vehicles at this time.

Also, it says "built on or after Jan 24"

Has anyone seen these two possible deletions? This is from the GM Global Distribution Update and Ordering Information. Looking at Cadillac's online build and price, it doesn't come right out and say this. It talks about "some items not available" and contact your dealer. Can anyone confirm that these two items might be deleted?

1--from week of 1/17/2022
  • Interior section-Deleted (KBC) Steering wheel mounted paddle shift controls, entirely.
  • Interior section-(KB7) Steering wheel mounted Alloy paddle shift controls, deleted footnote 1 entirely. Current footnote 2 becomes footnote 1 and applies to 1SV.
2--from week of 1/10/2022

• Exterior section-Added (00Z) Not Equipped with Front and Rear Park Assist and Reverse Automatic Braking, see dealer for details. Availability is Reference Only "A" on both PEGs with footnote 1 on 1SF which read "Vehicles built prior to January 24, 2022, include Front and Rear Park Assist and Reverse Automatic Braking. Certain vehicles built on or after January 24, 2022, will be forced to include (00Z) Not Equipped with Front and Rear Park Assist and Reverse Automatic Braking, which removes Front and Rear Park Assist and Reverse Automatic Braking. See the window label for the features on a specific vehicle." Also added footnote 2 to 1SV which reads "Vehicles built prior to January 24, 2022, include Front and Rear Park Assist and includes Reverse Automatic Braking when (MHX) 10-speed automatic transmission is ordered. Certain vehicles built on or after January 24, 2022, will be forced to include (00Z) Not Equipped with Front and Rear Park Assist and Reverse Automatic Braking, which removes Front and Rear Park Assist and Reverse Automatic Braking. See the window label for the features on a specific vehicle.".
Item 1 is a little confusing.

Item 2 was confirmed by Cadillacauthority.com. At this time it's not known about any future retro fit or if there will be any price adjustment.

It just gets better and better.

From 12/17/21 "Today, we are announcing details impacting the availability of park assist and reverse automatic braking on certain 2022 models. While we will temporarily build vehicles without these features, we are able to confirm that all such vehicles will be eligible for a retrofit process that will activate this functionality. This retrofit process will begin when parts become available and at no additional cost to the customer. Dealers will be reimbursed via the GM Global Warranty System. We anticipate that these parts will be available for retrofit in Q4 2022. Beginning immediately, each impacted vehicle will receive an invoice and Monroney label credit of $50 per vehicle."

From 12/17/21 "Today, we are announcing details impacting the availability of park assist and reverse automatic braking on certain 2022 models. While we will temporarily build vehicles without these features, we are able to confirm that all such vehicles will be eligible for a retrofit process that will activate this functionality. This retrofit process will begin when parts become available and at no additional cost to the customer. Dealers will be reimbursed via the GM Global Warranty System. We anticipate that these parts will be available for retrofit in Q4 2022. Beginning immediately, each impacted vehicle will receive an invoice and Monroney label credit of $50 per vehicle."
Thank You! From a voice of reason (and knowledge).

I really hope so. Getting concerned about constraints and further things that can removed with limited notice. I reached out to my dealer as well about this and will update if I hear anything. If everything that I'm told is correct, my build was applied to a current allocation the dealer had that has a tpw of 2/07/22. I was excited to hear that....until I read this thread lol.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back