Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

More Aggressive CT5-V Blackwing Carbon Front Splitter

Big thanks to JVP for sending me an OEM splitter wicker to work off. It appears the OEM Carbon has a lot more brown to it.

I’ll definitely be making a custom one

IMG_1336.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: jvp
Big thanks to JVP for sending me an OEM splitter wicker to work off. It appears the OEM Carbon has a lot more brown to it.

The difference in color is pretty stunning. I'm really curious to see what color the other one is when I finally pick it up: will it match that same dingy brownish color of the first one, or be a sharper black like your splitter?

Wow, agree the color difference is pretty stunning. I have the OEM rear spoiler and it does have a brownish color, wonder how noticeable it will be if the front one is a sharper black as you mention @jvp. Since the front is lower and on the opposite end, hopefully it won’t be. Thanks for sharing Terrance.

Wow can’t believe the difference btw the two.. so glad I went with you Terrance!

I’ll be down when the entire package is done and ready. Thanks for taking this project on brother

The difference in color is pretty stunning. I'm really curious to see what color the other one is when I finally pick it up: will it match that same dingy brownish color of the first one, or be a sharper black like your splitter?
Well, I hope its consistent.
Wow, agree the color difference is pretty stunning. I have the OEM rear spoiler and it does have a brownish color, wonder how noticeable it will be if the front one is a sharper black as you mention @jvp. Since the front is lower and on the opposite end, hopefully it won’t be. Thanks for sharing Terrance.
I think the distance will be enough to make it less noticeable, but you will always know.
Wow can’t believe the difference btw the two.. so glad I went with you Terrance!
Apparently this is an issue on the C8 corvette as well. Something to do with the supplier GM uses.
I’ll be down when the entire package is done and ready. Thanks for taking this project on brother
Sweet. Getting there

@jvp, thanks for comparing and sharing. Looks close enough for me! Lighting from sun to garage/shop can make anything look different.

Not quite as distinct as the photo you posted and sent me, but there is a difference. This is the OEM RH deflector on top of your spoiler:

View attachment 19369
It’s gotta be the lighting
@jvp, thanks for comparing and sharing. Looks close enough for me! Lighting from sun to garage/shop can make anything look different.
Yup, LED’s in my shop
Ordered both (but you already knew that)...
And so it begins!

It’s gotta be the lighting

Well the photo I posted is direct sunlight; there's nothing more natural as far as lighting goes. Literally. ;-) My gut says that the pieces are two different colors, but I'll find out for sure when you get my LH side back to me.

I had a whole backstory with selling my electric blue Blackwing in anticipation of ordering one with specific items I wanted. That became a debacle. With parts in development I hated not having one around. So I got lucky and found a 120th at MSRP. After 24 hours of being on the road it’s finally home. Raptor is an animal towing too.

IMG_1507.jpeg

Next week I will have another splitter to do final test fit with and finalize the design for the new splitter wickers.

Next week I will have another splitter to do final test fit with and finalize the design for the new splitter wickers.

Safe to assume that your splitter will mate up properly with the OEM deflectors? Or are you going to alter the deflectors a bit from the OG scans?

I had a whole backstory with selling my electric blue Blackwing in anticipation of ordering one with specific items I wanted. That became a debacle. With parts in development I hated not having one around. So I got lucky and found a 120th at MSRP. After 24 hours of being on the road it’s finally home. Raptor is an animal towing too.

View attachment 19618

Please tell me it’s a M6 - I looked for a while and never found a 120th new M6 w CCB or I would’ve bought it haha

nice find! Terrance, is that Rift or White color?
Thanks man! This is Summitt White
Safe to assume that your splitter will mate up properly with the OEM deflectors? Or are you going to alter the deflectors a bit from the OG scans?
It’s going to be different angles and the amount of projection. The OEM setup is designed to deflect air. Mine will be designed to capture and create a little more downforce.
Please tell me it’s a M6 - I looked for a while and never found a 120th new M6 w CCB or I would’ve bought it haha
This one is the auto with CCB. My first Blackwing was a manual and while fun, didn’t really suit my needs. The manual was a little vague in terms of pedal feel, and shifter sometimes slushy. I’m going to spend more time cruising this than I will tracking it. So I want the fastest version and most comfortable in the daily commute grind .

It’s going to be different angles and the amount of projection. The OEM setup is designed to deflect air. Mine will be designed to capture and create a little more downforce.

Oh crap. So I basically did waste my money on the OEM deflectors then?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back