Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Moderators

I'm not a minivasn (or SUV fan) regardless but I like Hondas for what they are. My friend has an older Ridgeline which is really a great truck and drives and handles well for what it is. The Civic R and Integra S are both a hoot (we used to have first gen Integra which was a great car). Stick shifts/MT on the Hondas are great BTW. The only problem I really have with Honda is their paint seems thin and always flakes/peels off.

I'm also a big Mazda fan.The fit and finish on our old Mazda Millennia was superb and it drove and handled great for FWD. Miatas are very fun too...

How about getting rid of the annoying Honda advertisement? Hondas have little in common with Blackwings. Don
Like was previously mentioned, the ads are targeted. Are you sure you wife's boyfriend isn't using your computer to look into buying a Honda? I know when that happens to me I get all sorts of crazy ads.

The owner of the site needs to make money, if you don’t like the ad, ignore it and move on with your day. Or we need to send in donations to keep the site going if you want it ad free.

Honda might not be bad, very easy to jack up and get it on jack stands I hear.
Until you add the super low, incredibly exclusive HPD/Acura IMSA GTP front lip splitter.

Then it becomes impossible and you'll never be able to get it off the ground.

"abbreviated section). Stick shifts/MT on the Hondas are great BTW. The only problem I really have with Honda is their paint seems thin and always flakes/peels off.

I'm also a big Mazda fan.The fit and finish on our old Mazda Millennia was superb and it drove and handled great for FWD. Miatas are very fun too...
My son had a 2020 Type R, horrible shifter. Very finicky. There's a reason there's a huge aftermarket for the Type R shifter bits, bushings, mounts, etc. And yes, he and I both know how to drive a manual transmission. I'd take the Subaru with it's springy clutch return over the type R

My son had a 2020 Type R, horrible shifter. Very finicky. There's a reason there's a huge aftermarket for the Type R shifter bits, bushings, mounts, etc. And yes, he and I both know how to drive a manual transmission. I'd take the Subaru with it's springy clutch return over the type R
First I've ever heard that (not questioning your knowledge)...haven't driven one but all the reviews I've seen were very positive and in general I've been happy with honda shifters I've used (nothing too recent)...haven't driven the new Integra S yet - not in the market for another FWD car...but if i was seems like a fine sporty car. Videos of Zygrene on the track with it are very impressive and Matt Farah seems to like it quite a bit (very positive about the shifter as well). He absolutely loved the 4 BW (recommending it over an M3).

Zygrene does an interesting comparative review of the 4 BW, Integra S and Camaro where he justifies his purchase of the Integra. Except for being FWD I think its a fine choice.

As an owner of a 2024 Integra Type S, I can say that the shifter is as good as it was in my S2000, and it feels as good (if not better) than the manual transmission in my CT5-V Blackwing. Just 'cause there's a big aftermarket doesn't mean it's lacking, it's just that people have to mod things.

On a related note, my Saab 9-2x's (the rebadged WRX of yesteryear) manual transmission felt just as good as the Honda transmissions, but that was after a short throw shifter, Kartboy solid bushings and whatever else I did back when I was young and dumb. It did make an average-at-best shifter feel much better, but I'd rather buy something as I want it and not mod anything because I don't need any headaches.

Some mods make sense and are "necessary: (in that they actually fix or improve something that is needed...many parts on my Audi were replaced to address known failure points...plastic to metal type of things etc) - others might improve something (power for instance) but aren't really necessary (just desirable)...others are just for show or to fill a perceived need or preference where the jury might be out over whether its really a good idea.

For instance I had my GTI lowered with Bilstein coilovers where I also changed out camber plates and such...arguably a desirable (performance) improvement for the car...but my shop lowered the car more than I wanted - said it was how it should be etc....well i can't tell you how many times I wish it were raised a bit....not enough to do anything about it but I do gripe about it all the time....mostly because it prevents me from driving the mile up the mountain driveway to one of our vineyards where a friend of mine lives.

And some (many) mods are absolutely atrocious and asinine. I think we can all agree on that. And sometimes we might question the utility or where performance is compromised or negatively affected. Bagged cars are OK for stance...if thats what you value (I guess)

I have actually spoken with other Type R owners that had issues with their transmissions as well as the techs at Honda. Kind of a mixed bag.

If you're watching Zygrene's videos, my car can be seen in the background at the beginning

Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 2.27.38 PM.png

Last edited:
cool

Is this your and those who have piled on attempt at humor? If so, pretty lame and a total failure.

I have zero interest in Hondas.

GTANotch88, you're so funny, you could be the next Johnny Carson, barf. Oh, wait, bring it to my shooting range and I'll destroy your POS Odyssey with my .458 Winchester Magnum. Don
Don, I really think the guys are just having fun with ya! Please try to not take things so personally...

As for the ads, the ones I see is for fat girl dating sites, and midget women.... Oh crap, did I really post that? :)

A more sensitive forum I frequent uses a specific color when posting sarcasm to help those who struggle to notice it.
Didn't know Honda owners were so sensitive... :)

A more sensitive forum I frequent uses a specific color when posting sarcasm to help those who struggle to notice it.
In my case, things said face to face that are sarcastic are easily recognized, not always the case on internet forums. Don

Hai guys, are we being triggered by Hondaz???

This will help, I promise. In this photo I am demonstrating PEAK HONDA: my Odyssey is vacuuming out my S2000:

IMG_7475.jpeg

But seriously, there is no better family road trip vehicle than a minivan. Every driveway should have one.

IMG_0164.jpeg

Hai guys, are we being triggered by Hondaz???

This will help, I promise. In this photo I am demonstrating PEAK HONDA: my Odyssey is vacuuming out my S2000:

View attachment 23837

But seriously, there is no better family road trip vehicle than a minivan. Every driveway should have one.

View attachment 23838
Man you’re killing me, I’ve never owned a mini van, and we had 4 kids!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back