Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Missing rock guards?

MattH

Seasoned Member
I just noticed today that my 4 doesn't have the rock guards behind the front wheel. I asked @Jameson's Viggen and he agreed. Don't these come standard? Are they supposed to be attached during pdi? I double checked my trunk and didn't see anything. Im gonna call the dealership in the morning, just wanted to make sure I'm not crazy.

Attachments

• D21A0E06-F3C6-47BF-BB40-3053FA31C0AC.jpeg
    D21A0E06-F3C6-47BF-BB40-3053FA31C0AC.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 134
Yeah, checked my pictures and you can see them on the front of the one I had

A108907F-FEC0-497F-9B45-0B149B1A022E.jpeg

I wonder if they come from the factory on, or if they are installed during pdi, I work at a GM dealership and I can't find anything about the actual pdi process...lol

I'm sure it's likely installed at PDI. To cut down on manhours needed at the factory

Mine were in the trunk with the brake cooling duct parts. My salesman said there was a service bulletin telling dealership to not install brake cooling ducting on mostly street driven cars. I do have an appointment for both to be installed.

Mine were in the trunk with the brake cooling duct parts. My salesman said there was a service bulletin telling dealership to not install brake cooling ducting on mostly street driven cars. I do have an appointment for both to be installed.
Unless your going to track your car daily it is not recommended to install the "track cooling ducts" for daily use...

Have not heard a reason. My previous daily driver was a Viper ACR with brake cooling ducts for 5 years. I never had an issue.

Well, one of the Blackwing engineers stated on this forum that it is not advisable and I'm too lazy to search the threads for it, but do what you want to do as you seem to know what you are talking about, sorry about the post!

Last edited:
Have not heard a reason. My previous daily driver was a Viper ACR with brake cooling ducts for 5 years. I never had an issue.
Road debris (that is typically not expected on a track) can kick up & pass through the cooling ducts then damage your rotors/brakes

So... sorry to hijack, but speaking of the cooking ducts on a 4BW, I picked up my car this week and to my surprise the infamous cooling ducts weren't in the trunk. I think the dealer installed them during the dealer prep, but want to be sure before I take off random parts haha. Car isn't going to be tracked, so no need to keep them on.

Anyway, are these them? The rear for sure looks like they were installed as it's clean, but I can't tell on the front as it's dirty like the rest of the underside. Is it just a couple bolts/screws and the ducts comes out, or anything on the backside? I can probably reach in and get them without lifting the car.

Rear:

rear.JPG

Front:

front.JPG

I had the dealer remove those rear ones. If they followed instructions and removed the rotor cover and did not keep it, then they will need to order one in for you. They should order the mounting hardware too as it does not come with it. I have the front like you show still installed and it is not part of the kit t least in the older pic that someone else posted. I never got a kit with my car but do have the rear coolers in the trunk.

Attachments

• blackwing-brake-cooling-kit.jpeg
    blackwing-brake-cooling-kit.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 104
Everything that came with my 5.

Attachments

• IMG_4047.jpg
    IMG_4047.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_4048.jpg
    IMG_4048.jpg
    955.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_4050.jpg
    IMG_4050.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_4049.jpg
    IMG_4049.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4052.jpg
    IMG_4052.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4053.jpg
    IMG_4053.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4054.jpg
    IMG_4054.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_4057.jpg
    IMG_4057.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4058.jpg
    IMG_4058.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_4059.jpg
    IMG_4059.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
Stopped by the dealership this morning and the advisor walked me back to the techs area that did the pdi......there was a pile of parts that came with my car, the rock guards, brake ducts etc....he said the tech didn't know if he was supposed to put them on so he kept them........I said..."so instead of putting them back in the car and informing me he just kept them? wtf....

I'm taking it in Tuesday and the master tech is going to put the rock guards on.

Stopped by the dealership this morning and the advisor walked me back to the techs area that did the pdi......there was a pile of parts that came with my car, the rock guards, brake ducts etc....he said the tech didn't know if he was supposed to put them on so he kept them........I said..."so instead of putting them back in the car and informing me he just kept them? wtf....

I'm taking it in Tuesday and the master tech is going to put the rock guards on.

Sounds like the typical dealer lol "idk where these go.. put it to the side and we can use it later if we need to"

Picking up on this thread - just picked up my CT4V Blackwing today. brake duct kit not not installed, and neither were the front rock guards. Should the front rock guards be installed as part of PDI? Will call the service advisor on Monday and have them installed if there are supposed to be installed!

Confused! (this is my second V series - I also have a 2012 CTS-V wagon with the 6 MT.

Brake duct kit is for the track and not typically installed as part of PDI. I don't think my 5 has rock guards but I'll check...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back