Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

I tend to think 'manipulated' more than synthesized given it's your engine note over a microphone but with removal of undesired harmonics (I'm starting to think that means supercharger noise unfortunately.)

By contrast, there are cars out there with completely synthesized sound (e.g., V8 sound pumped over a 6-cylinder motor.)
I give this analogy...

There is a difference between a push up bra and a padded bra. Lol.

Can’t the bra be taken off entirely? I just want unfettered nipples. - using your analogy.
Pushup bra- enhancement of what's there
Padded bra- something added that's not really there to begin with

Pushup bra- enhancement of what's there
Padded bra- something added that's not really there to begin with
I got that. I thought I heard in a video that the audio feedback system could be adjusted or turned off. I don’t recall which video because I watched an excessive amount of them. Since I don’t have a car I cannot verify that.

I tend to think 'manipulated' more than synthesized given it's your engine note over a microphone but with removal of undesired harmonics (I'm starting to think that means supercharger noise unfortunately.)

I truly hope that your last point, removing the supercharger noise, isn't the case. Being somewhat rare, it is something that should be heard and appreciated. It's not something to hide in any way, rather something to be proud of.

I truly hope that your last point, removing the supercharger noise, isn't the case. Being somewhat rare, it is something that should be heard and appreciated. It's not something to hide in any way, rather something to be proud of.
I'll simply say I know in my V3 you heard more supercharger than V8 and in the Blackwing it's the opposite.

How awesome would it be for GM to beam out an option for owners to toggle between hearing more of one vs the other??

Noticed in my latest print copy of Car and Driver that they got a CT5-V Blackwing long-termer. No details or intro other than the fact that they have only tallied 319 miles so far.

Where’s the RS7? Sunroof is not standard. I seem to recall this guy mistated stuff in his other BW reviews. Is he from NJ?

It is odd how he reviews the same cars multiple times, and sort of covers all of the same details. I would understand a "follow up drive" or something. I think he is OK, but one thing I cannot stand his how he has to yell "on throttle" and then "yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" on every acceleration. I would prefer to hear the motor. I get these guys look for their little signatures, but a solid reviewer does not need them.

I think some of the vehicles he "reviews" are actually for sale.. so it's more of an advertisement than a review. In the latest one he said that car was 105k, but that's way over msrp.

I started watching the video but grew bored quick. Started pressing the 15 second jump button and ironically every time I did, the first words I'd hear after video started was something about Audi. Made me wonder if it was a comparison video or maybe just an ad for them. Didn't finish.

He is a super nice guy....
IMG_4258.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop