Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

Road & Track Performance Car of the Year competition. CT5-V Blackwing acquitted itself well.
1642859219141.png

:)

Odd to have both the ToySubies but not both BlackWings.

Well no surprise on the CT5-V blackwing, I need to figure out how to get my hands on one as well lol. Can never have enough manuals in the garage. I really love how all the articles capture exactly what the team pushed for, true drivers car that also ends up being the best performance sedan. Cant wait to see what they do with the CT4-V Blackwing, the motor trend article was awesome and I love that they had a black car too. I saved every picture for desktop awe.

I wonder if it was an intentional statement of R&T not to include the 4BW in the group? It was nice to get a side by side BRZ to 86 piece, but they are too much alike and an overkill on a full year model conclusion article. Is this the continued media’s line of why didn’t you give the 4BW a LT1?
IMHO, after enjoying the LT1 on my Camaro, the updated LF4 is a piece of art. Yes the soundtrack is not as good, but overall package is a masterpiece. Just my 2 cents.

Having two of the same brands and names makes no sense so I am glad they didnt include it.

But two of the same cars does… ?
I meant as in for us V fans. Not R&D. This way more articles and more press and let the CT4 step out of the big power shadow.

Tldw: she likes it

I like how she mentioned that this isn't GM's only turbo V6, and as someone who really likes the GNX, I feel that the ATS-V and CT4-V Blackwings are also interesting because of the TTV6 choice. I'm sure it was mainly chosen for performance reasons, I wonder if a V8 wouldn't have been as track nimble. Maybe @Mirza Grebovic can chime in 😉

I like how she mentioned that this isn't GM's only turbo V6, and as someone who really likes the GNX, I feel that the ATS-V and CT4-V Blackwings are also interesting because of the TTV6 choice. I'm sure it was mainly chosen for performance reasons, I wonder if a V8 wouldn't have been as track nimble. Maybe @Mirza Grebovic can chime in 😉
I mean they have the LT1 in the 1LE and that is pretty darn nimble.

Putting the LT1 in the 4 seems to be a common opinion. The engine is really the only negative thing I hear about the car, just that the V6 is "uninspiring". I think it just comes down to timing. The current LT1 started in the Corvette in 2014 and the Camaro in 2016. The ATS-V which the CT4 is based off was released in 2016. They chose the V6 for it for whatever reason. I'm sure it was cheaper for them to just stick with what works when they redesigned the CT4 and ultimately the Blackwing version. If it doesn't result in quicker times at the track or otherwise really improve the car then why spend millions of dollars in adapting the LT1 to the car. I would imagine if you dropped in the LT1 and had it sorted out tuning wise etc, you wouldn't see a noticeable difference in lap times.

It would sound better though!

Putting the LT1 in the 4 seems to be a common opinion. The engine is really the only negative thing I hear about the car, just that the V6 is "uninspiring". I think it just comes down to timing. The current LT1 started in the Corvette in 2014 and the Camaro in 2016. The ATS-V which the CT4 is based off was released in 2016. They chose the V6 for it for whatever reason. I'm sure it was cheaper for them to just stick with what works when they redesigned the CT4 and ultimately the Blackwing version. If it doesn't result in quicker times at the track or otherwise really improve the car then why spend millions of dollars in adapting the LT1 to the car. I would imagine if you dropped in the LT1 and had it sorted out tuning wise etc, you wouldn't see a noticeable difference in lap times.

It would sound better though!
I can definitely see what you mean, I hope I can get some opportunities to drive some high performance V8's as I've never driven one before, so I'm not really aware of what I'm missing without the LT1.

I am a guy who has the disease of modding almost every car I have ever had.

Any car with forced induction stock has so much potential. The 6mt getting titanium con rods has so much potential, barring the cracking of the ECU issue. We have seen how easy it is to get 600whp out of the LF4 in the ATS-V. So an NA Lt1 in this thing, it would cost far more to get 600whp. You would either need to do heads, cam, etc etc and go all out NA or add a blower. It sounds like tune, downpipes and E85 gets you quite far with the LF4. That's not a lot of money. So the only thing I miss from the LT1 is the sound.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back