Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

The power train warranty is also better as it's a 6/70k vs a 4/50k on the M3. Though BMW does give you 3/36k free maintenance. Which on that motor is a break in procedure(oil and diff fluid), oil changes, 1 air filter chance and spark plugs change.

I'm not super familiar with the 3.6L in the 4BW. I assume it's been around for awhile now and fairly reliable?
I have the 3.6 in my Vsport and its been a great engine. The only problem I had was after 3000 miles, they had to replace both turbochargers due to defect in the blades. When they went out, it sounded like a garbage disposal. After they were replaced, its been a great car.

From today. Notice what they say about the 4V’s engine. “could handle more power”. Wish they would have cranked the boost a bit more as we all know it can handle it.

I must ask how high Motortrend was when they did this test. Having driven a comp, the steering is numb with zero feedback just like every modern BMW. Precise certainly but I'd have a hard time calling the steering exceptional. Won't argue the engine is great on the Comp. Absolute shame it can't be had on the manual because that engine feels solidly meh after the Comp.

I think they wanted some more of that sweet, sweet sponsorship money.

I have the 3.6 in my Vsport and its been a great engine. The only problem I had was after 3000 miles, they had to replace both turbochargers due to defect in the blades. When they went out, it sounded like a garbage disposal. After they were replaced, its been a great car.
I know it not the same engine but Cadillac had to replace both turbos on my 2020 CT5-V...

Regarding the HP, does having 4xx vs 500 have an impact from insuring?

I must ask how high Motortrend was when they did this test. Having driven a comp, the steering is numb with zero feedback just like every modern BMW. Precise certainly but I'd have a hard time calling the steering exceptional. Won't argue the engine is great on the Comp. Absolute shame it can't be had on the manual because that engine feels solidly meh after the Comp.

I think they wanted some more of that sweet, sweet sponsorship money.
Usually MT is pro caddy. Especially if Jonny Lieberman covers the article. This kind of contradicts all the praise they have given the BW up to this point.

Usually MT is pro caddy. Especially if Jonny Lieberman covers the article. This kind of contradicts all the praise they have given the BW up to this point.
It was said to be better than the non Comp M4. So now, M3 Comp with AWD, more power, an auto and a $108k as tested price it's better than the 4BW auto. I dunno, it's a pretty lumpy/lop sided victory.

Further reinforces sponsorship bucks ;)

Really did feel like they glossed over a lot of the issues I have with the M3. The fact they don't even discuss the xdrive pushing into 4k lbs seems... odd. Not that the 4BW is a feather weight but I'd sure notice an extra 200 lbs or more depending on options.

Side note: anyone have a link to the M4 vs 4BW article? Maybe I'm just blind but I'm not finding it anywhere. I found ATS-V vs M4 but both are a generation old.

As an owner of a '22 M3 Comp xDrive I will say its a great car, quality is great, the engine is stupendous and its definitely an expensive product but you do get what you pay for.

However Motortrend must have been fishing for clicks because comparing a 4-V Blackwing auto to an M3 comp with xDrive makes no sense. The ideal scenario would be base M3 with manual vs manual 4-V Blackwing or standard M3 Comp vs automatic 4-V Blackwing. I know they said they compared an M4 already so I guess whats the point of an M3 but to me it should be sedan vs sedan not coupe vs sedan, the transmissions should be similar as well as the drivetrain (AWD vs AWD or RWD vs RWD). Anything else and it becomes a bit of a mixed bag. Seeing as how the M3 and 4-V Blackwing are on paper similar in power and both offer manuals, to me its a no brainer so I'm stunned nobody has done a proper comparison between the two.

As it stands its obvious the M3 Comp with xDrive will be a superior product to an automatic 4-V Blackwing, but I guess it better be considering the price difference. Very odd match up, must have been bored around the office.

If Matt Farah is getting a go in a 5-V Blackwing I look forward to his video, he didn't like the standard CT5-V but adored the outgoing CTS-V so I think he will be impressed with the 5-V Blackwing, especially with a manual.

They've done this before - for example the 992 GT3, the noise video dropped a few days before the review. I'm sure it's forthcoming.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back