Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

Great format - just wish they could match transmissions and tires for more of a straight comparison (also would be ideal if each driver drove each lane in each car at least once but ideally average of about 3 times if a manual is involved.)
Totally agree. The Cadi would have easily taken the 1/4 mile. Probably pretty close for the entire thing.

Eh, I am not scared at all to drive this in the snow with proper tires. I have done it before with a variety of RWD manual trans cars. I think the writer was a wuss.
It made no sense to me, either. Apparently it was on snow tires and he was still complaining about it. He either does not know how to drive, or he was expecting snow tires to make you completely invincible.

99D17433-928B-4561-90C8-3B5BF1CB5075.jpeg

Agree w/ rdollie.

I know in a perfect world we'd all love to row gears just for the feel, along with our RW drive (disclaimer: am getting auto 10... but that's another post for another time😔),... but in both U-drags (vette and rustang) they matched up our manual vs their auto. I know they don't have stick as an option, but we have a great auto available that happens to also be a couple ticks quicker, so shouldn't they run that as a true comparison or at least make mention of it if they are talking about a true top performance comparison?(Especially when you are talking about just a couple of tenths of second where I bet it makes the difference)

Question... is this the first time these drivers are taking these cars out?... just thinking first time cold with a new manual takes a bit to get your best feel for how it shifts/when to shift (I'd even have to get used to the no-lift shifting) and of course for auto there's no need. Also are these cars engines broken in for these comparisons?

Hopefully this doesn't come across upset/nit picky about the comparisons, but they just got me thinking... especially when they proclaim about the 2 door coupe: "The Mustang Beat The Blackwing, Hands Down"...okay, maybe I'm a little salty about that🤣

Motorweek test is dropping this week so set your dvr

Attachments

• DE7BF91F-E33A-4B0C-A65B-3AA85496D98B.jpeg
    DE7BF91F-E33A-4B0C-A65B-3AA85496D98B.jpeg
    559.9 KB · Views: 88
Pretty amazing coming from EVO.
Indeed, although the author has also worked plenty in the U.S. including Motor Trend. Great review, although I'm slightly irked by the 4.5 stars given the review was so glowing with virtually no complaints.

Indeed, although the author has also worked plenty in the U.S. including Motor Trend. Great review, although I'm slightly irked by the 4.5 stars given the review was so glowing with virtually no complaints.
It's because of the hard plastic on the lower door panels, which we all know is the most important part of a car's interior...maybe even the most important part of an entire car.

It's because of the hard plastic on the lower door panels, which we all know is the most important part of a car's interior...maybe even the most important part of an entire car.
LOL it's funny, having a 3-yo boy I view that as a positive. Even in the front they tend to get scuffed up in a daily driver, so it's a bit silly to cover them in leather IMO.

I take these reviews with a grain of salt. They review hundreds of cars throughout their career. They are bound to get snobby and nitpicky. It's just a natural thing once you've had so many experiences with all sorts of cars. For the average person, some of it is irrelevant. I for one lean towards performance, so anything that doesn't affect my day to day(like plastics on some surfaces), I actually take as a positive because those savings were passed onto me.

C&D gave the 4BW a 10/10(even though they crashed the damn thing on the lightning lap), and their cons were: Not as quick as the BMW M3, interior quality falls short of luxe rivals, fully loaded versions approach $90,000. Their cons either don't apply to me or I don't care about at all.

Same thing with all these magazines recommending Kia's over Toyotas/Honda's. None of them are keeping them for years or interacting with the infamous sub-par dealerships long-term. Talking about how it's a good value new, but never talking about the residual values being garbage 5 years down the line, totally negating any kind of "value savings" on initial purchase.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back