Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Maverick Noir Frost

No yelling, just want to be sure you're aware ceramic is for paint surface protection and PPF is for paint protection. Ceramic won't stop your paint from getting chipped and there are matte finished PPF products if that's a concern. Otherwise, enjoy the car regardless of which way you go with ceramic and PPF.

Agreed, and I will be sad when I get the inevitable chip, scratch, ding.

And I plan to enjoy the hell out of the thing!

As someone who had a matte paint C63S for three years I just have to make sure you know it's very very difficult to fix those inevitable chips and scratches. To repair a small scratch you have to repaint an entire panel at minimum, you can't just buff them out or repaint small areas and blend it in. And there's a high chance the repainted panel won't perfectly match the others. I would highly recommend getting PPF on at a minimum the entire front end. If you don't the front end of that car will be speckled in rock chips very quickly.

sorry that I missed you! Happy to hear that David took great care of you while I was out.

My last Blackwing I had xpel ultimate fusion ppf done over the whole car, on the rockers the tiny little fins in the front bumper, rockers, rear diffuser, and even the rear taillights with ceramic over the window trim all for $5500 a year ago. The guy did a fantastic job, but unfortunately he went out of business so I went and got new quotes.

One was $8400, and 2 others for $10k....it's getting batshit expensive and at these prices I'm not sure the whole car is worth it at this juncture.

1699404626663.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow that is a crap ton of money. I bought the Xpel kit for the leading edge of the hood on my SS and DIY'ed it. I might do the same from the BW. I just can't imagine spending $10k on clear film.

In case anyone is wondering, as I was, what's the impact of matte PPF on the appearance of Maverick Noir Frost paint - here's a look in bright sunlight at the inside of the rear driver's side doorframe where the wrap (XPEL Stealth) ends.

20231209_090320.jpg

Closer-up here:

20231209_090454.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!