Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Maverick Noir Frost

RDATLTE

FKA: Sticker Boy & CT4-V Blackwing
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing Road Atlanta IMSA Track Edition
Apparently, not exclusive to the Sebring CT4-V Blackwing Track Edition as they just announced limited availability for the CT5-V Blackwing. 🤷🏻‍♂️

True. I heard recently but was asked not to post. That will be a helluva limited edition in its own right. I rather have that color over a 120 version any day.

It looks badass but I'd rather get Black Raven at n/c and pay to wrap the whole car in matte PPF. It may not be quite the same look but with the high maintenance of a frost paint it would shoot my anxiety through the roof.

This matte finish topic was beaten to death last year with DEF. Given it's already Black, I don't see the value considering it cannot be paint corrected in the event a blemish is found. (not a matter of IF but a matter of WHEN it would get a deep scratch or a chip that can't be lightly wiped off). Then again, there are so many people who never wax their cars and just sell it when it looks beat.

Plus there is the limited edition hurdles of obtaining this and the potential of manufacturing paint defects to look past.

Seriously, am I missing something and who would realistically choose this paint over Black Raven with a full PPF Matte? Please chime in.

Seriously, am I missing something and who would realistically choose this paint over Black Raven with a full PPF Matte? Please chime in.
Yeah, not sure unless there are some subtle hues to the color that are more than just black. Although we can't tell because Cadillac decided to unveil this new color in a DARK ROOM WITH RED LIGHTING.

Yeah, not sure unless there are some subtle hues to the color that are more than just black. Although we can't tell because Cadillac decided to unveil this new color in a DARK ROOM WITH RED LIGHTING.
Yep, no way to tell what's going on with it and no photo would ever do it justice. I'm glad they make it and I hope I get to see one in person some day but hard pass for me.

There may be some sparkle metallic flakes in the paint, I believe the v2s had matte finish like that. I've seen DEF in person under various lighting on multiple occasions and there's really nothing going on with it other than it's matte green.

The same douche that pays 50 over and parks it in his/her basement for the next 25 years, that’s who (nothing against anyone that likes the color and manages to get one at a decent price lol).

I am hoping to take delivery of my Maverick Noir Frost CT4 in 2023. I will do definitely do the front half PPF. This was my inspiration before putting a deposit on a CT4 which I later changed to sebring track edition, thanks to the CF package and color constraints. I rented this bad boy in early summer to see what this car was all about. Dark Emerald Frost CT4 BW and it did not disappoint. I got this on Turo and by the time I rented it, it had been rented over 10 times and had over 4300 miles on it with the dealer temp tag still valid. The paint was in great condition with no PPF.

1673728398721.jpeg

1673728430284.jpeg

1673728523666.jpeg

1673728552023.jpeg

1673728583838.jpeg

1673728669172.jpeg

Last edited:
I am hoping to take delivery of my Maverick Noir Frost CT4 in 2023. I will do definitely do the front half PPF. This was my inspiration before putting a deposit on a CT4 which I later changed to sebring track edition, thanks to the CF package and color constraints. I rented this bad boy in early summer to see what this car was all about. Dark Emerald Frost CT4 BW and it did not disappoint. I got this on Turo and by the time I rented it, it had been rented over 10 times and had over 4300 miles on it with the dealer temp tag still valid. The paint was in great condition with no PPF.

View attachment 15975
View attachment 15976
View attachment 15977
View attachment 15978
View attachment 15979
View attachment 15980
Yeah man, it's just a durable as gloss clear coats. I think you should definitely PPF it, because if it's on a public road it's inevitable that something will get knicked. This all depends on weather conditions, where it's driven and how it's driven.

They do have matte friendly ceramic coatings which you could apply to the rest of the car but I'm not familiar with it. However, another member on the forum had given input on the matte vs PPF differences:
I’ve had many gloss black vehicles wrapped with XPEL stealth opaque wrap, and I’ve had factory painted matte cars, including black ones. The two finishes are vastly different. A factory matte paint actually has a lot of depth and sheen to it, XPEL Stelth dulls everything out. It still can look very good, but it’s not the same as a true matte paint. Once the Frost Noir car is put next top an Xpel Stealth wrapped gloss black one, the difference will be very visible.

When I was in my late 20s I went to a dermatologist who specializes in hair loss. At the time he explained my options. One of the oral options was guaranteed to regrow hair. It's only downside was the potential to cause permanent impotence.

You'll have to weigh the alternatives out. C'est la vie.

Last edited:
When I was in my late 20s I went to a dermatologist who specializes in hair loss. At the time he explained my options. One of the oral options was guaranteed to regrow hair. It's only downside was the potential to cause permanent impotence.

You'll have to weigh the alternatives out. C'est la vie.
Hair is overrated.

As a dermatologist thinking about the Maverick Black Frost IMSA CT4V Blackwing that's sitting in a showroom near me (hopefully gathering dust and discounts), this thread has everything I need. Oral minoxidil FTMFW, btw.

As a dermatologist thinking about the Maverick Black Frost IMSA CT4V Blackwing that's sitting in a showroom near me (hopefully gathering dust and discounts), this thread has everything I need. Oral minoxidil FTMFW, btw.

Please buy a Blackwing so we can ask you to look at pictures of our weird rashes and moles.

We already have a forum shrink with Dr. Zoomie.

Don’t forget we have quite a few master debaters and cunning linguists.

Please buy a Blackwing so we can ask you to look at pictures of our weird rashes and moles.

We already have a forum shrink with Dr. Zoomie.

I flew into Dallas last weekend …

From SFO. I checked into a hotel a few miles from Love Field. This joint was right across the street from my hotel:

rodeogoat20231029_201805.jpg

An omen?

Backstory – I'd been in touch with the Blackwing King, Dustin Callaway, at Sewell Cadillac of Dallas for a week or two before, after getting connected here on the forum. Dustin was offering a nice discount on the Sebring IMSA, as well as other 4BWs. Enough to make it worth my while to consider trucking the thing back to California, especially with my local order for a standard-issue '24 4BW sitting at 1100 for over 6 weeks.

The team at Sewell would've done the whole thing over the phone/internet/FedEx, but on the always-correct (and always adhered to) advice of my wife, I wasn't going to make a nigh-6-figure purchase over the internet.

Dustin was actually out of the office last week when I was in town, but in order to accommodate everybody's timelines, he handed me off to his excellent colleague David Wiese. I can't say enough good things about the communication, service, and professionalism at Sewell. (Especially compared to my local dealership, “V Certified” though they may be, with a more conventional “I know nothing and I won't return your email” vibe.)

Well, we got it done, I flew back to SFO 18 hours after I landed, and my car is making its way out, on an enclosed trailer, with me obsessively watching the GPS all the way (it spent Saturday night parked at Forman Motorsports in Phoenix, hanging out with fancier snobbier cars).

56-004--20231030_110426.jpg

It's getting dropped off right at my detailer (at slightly trippy high-end vehicle storage and fine wine tasting establishment, AutoVino, check it out, Peninsula folks). Now this is the part where you're gonna yell at me, because I'm getting ceramic, not PPF.

The point is, you've got yourself a forum dermatologist, and someone who likes matte paint and stickers. Flame on! Thank you to many of you here who have answered questions for me along the way.

Congrats man! I got my car delivered last week on an enclosed transport truck down in SoCal. I watched the my Cadillac app daily too, well prob several times a day. Let me know how your smog and referee appt goes.

Now this is the part where you're gonna yell at me, because I'm getting ceramic, not PPF.

No yelling, just want to be sure you're aware ceramic is for paint surface protection and PPF is for paint protection. Ceramic won't stop your paint from getting chipped and there are matte finished PPF products if that's a concern. Otherwise, enjoy the car regardless of which way you go with ceramic and PPF.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back