Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Manual trans owners--both 4 and 5

Not sure what you are saying. The coolers are external to the diff and the transmission. Would be pointless to have them inside the component you are trying to cool. Unless I am misunderstanding what you are saying.

If you look at the capacities section, you will see two listed. One for the diff and one for the diff+cooler. Same for the transmission.
When I changed my diff fluid I looked inside the housing and there appears to be a heat exchanger where the coolant lines enter. What I mean by closed loop is a cooling system where the coolant is circulated through a heat exchanger that is completely separate from the fluid that it is cooling. I don't know a better way to describe it and you can google "closed loop heat exchanger design." for a description and diagram.

When I changed my diff fluid I looked inside the housing and there appears to be a heat exchanger where the coolant lines enter. What I mean by closed loop is a cooling system where the coolant is circulated through a heat exchanger that is completely separate from the fluid that it is cooling. I don't know a better way to describe it and you can google "closed loop heat exchanger design." for a description and diagram.
You saw the clutch pack for the eDiff. The pumpkin uses a standard externally mounted cooler. Same as the transmission and oil coolers.

I test drove a manual today and the transmission did not feel great. Couldn’t get the gear changes to stick and felt like the synchros were off. New car someone ordered and decided not to purchase. Wonder if this is the same issue described by the OP.

Question for all the M6 owners--anybody having issues? I've had my 4V for a few months now and after more than 30 yrs of manual cars, this is the worst shifter/tranny combo I've had. I love everything else about the car, but after hearing raves about how good the M6/shifter was on these cars, I'm really hoping mines broke and fixable and that this isn't inherent to the tr6060. Aside from the known 1-2 sticky shift issue common to the tremec(which should be unacceptable on a car like this...) my car can also be difficult to get into 1st or 2nd even when at a stop or with the engine off. Approximately 50% of the time, it shifts well--good positive engagement and one solid "thunk" into gear, but the other 50% of the time it is all over the place. Sometimes its a sorta 2 click/minor grind into gear, sometimes it refuses to go and I have to declutch/re-engage to get it into gear and sometimes it just takes way to much effort. Even with the car off, shifting back and forth between 1st and second is variable. Sometimes its a good solid, easy ,butter smooth chunk and sometimes its a high effort mess. I'm hoping that since I have issues even at rest that the shifter is not properly aligned and this will be an easy fix, but after reading all the issues owners of other brands(and prior gen V owners) have with the 6060 I'm worried I'm going to get the standard "we can't replicate it/it's normal" from the dealer So, anybody else having issues at this point? For reference, the car only has ~900 miles at this point, but the shifter has felt like crap since I drove it off the lot. Even before I started it up, I went through the gears and it just felt off.
Thanks
Scott
Did your issue get resolved?

10AB5E16-5B33-459E-A0F2-0CF1D35493C2.jpeg
B72F6D05-CC60-48B3-B89A-A2C74390542D.jpeg

Took a look at a GR Corolla today. Reviews said the shifter should be decent but it felt like utter shit compared to the Blackwing.

Also found out that rear facing car seat don’t fit unless I cut my wife’s legs off so might have to rethink this choice.
7324A49A-0DA4-492E-AE86-9259D1423F59.jpeg

I don't think many people cross-shop the Blackwing and the Corolla......
Hey I was thinking about it as a winter car alongside my summer blackwing. So 1/2 shopping it.

Hey I was thinking about it as a winter car alongside my summer blackwing. So 1/2 shopping it.
How much did they want over Msrp? Best I've seen is $8k. I was on multiple waiting lists before I found out I could order a 4BW exactly how I wanted it and get it in a few months for not much more for what you get than the GR + "market adjustment"

Last edited:
While we are talking GR Corolla this was fun to watch.

How much did they want over Msrp? Best I've seen is $8k. I was on multiple waiting lists before I found out I could order a 4BW exactly how I wanted it and get it in a few months for not much more for what you get than the GR + "market adjustment"
I wasn’t going to pay any adm. I would have just sat waiting a GR for 2 yrs rather than play the crazy adm game.

While we are talking GR Corolla this was fun to watch.

That morzo edition is getting crazy bids around $80-90k. Just dumb…. I even refuse to pay adm for a type r hence why I’ll relook at them maybe 2-3 yrs down the road.

That morzo edition is getting crazy bids around $80-90k. Just dumb…. I even refuse to pay adm for a type r hence why I’ll relook at them maybe 2-3 yrs down the road.
Same here. Remember when the Civic Type R made its return and folks were paying crazy money for a Civic. Now we have another Type R.

I'm on the list for a GR Corolla at MSRP at my local dealer but I likely will pass on this one. Rear facing car seat just doesn't fit with an adult passenger in the front. Also hatch area is too small to fit a normal sized stroller.

Might have to get on the list for a Civic Type R instead

I'm on the list for a GR Corolla at MSRP at my local dealer but I likely will pass on this one. Rear facing car seat just doesn't fit with an adult passenger in the front. Also hatch area is too small to fit a normal sized stroller.

that or it's badge twin, the Integra Type R - a bit less boy-racer than the Type R. Though they released the MSRP today.... $52k is a pretty big bump. I suppose they are grabbing some of the ADM money for themselves

that or it's badge twin, the Integra Type R - a bit less boy-racer than the Type R. Though they released the MSRP today.... $52k is a pretty big bump. I suppose they are grabbing some of the ADM money for themselves.
The interior being something other than red cloth might be worth the price premium alone.

The interior being something other than red cloth might be worth the price premium alone.
In fairness, it's red Alcantara! (Owned a '20 CTR prior to the 5BW)

Also dare I say it... The 5BW's shifter is even better than the CTR's.

I live in Florida, so not really any ‘cold weather’ shifts.

I did notice consistent shift feel during street and track use.

Blackstone reports come back stellar.

If you are considering the switch, keep in mind you can’t get all the transmission fluid out at once. You have the fluid in the cooler lines and the cooler itself. I switched fluid, ran a weekend, switched again. That got most of it.
I bought 2 cases of HP MTF and did a change tonight after work. I test drove it about 5 miles and it seems to be an improvement. I will drive it more and get a better idea if it has made a real improvement.

By the time you get your GRC or CTR at msrp, you'll be turning that seat forward within a few month. Both my kids were in rear facing till 2, which at that point their knees were in a 90 degree bend jamming up against the back of the seat.

I just don't see why anyone would want to spend over $50k on a 3cyl, 3rd world interior, FWD biased AWD system when there are so many better performing alternatives. I can say they will hold their value like non other (you could probably drive them for 7 yrs and sell it for 70% of what you paid for it).

I am curious, what is so appealing about these vehicles?

By the time you get your GRC or CTR at msrp, you'll be turning that seat forward within a few month. Both my kids were in rear facing till 2, which at that point their knees were in a 90 degree bend jamming up against the back of the seat.

I just don't see why anyone would want to spend over $50k on a 3cyl, 3rd world interior, FWD biased AWD system when there are so many better performing alternatives. I can say they will hold their value like non other (you could probably drive them for 7 yrs and sell it for 70% of what you paid for it).

From the reviews I watched it's a riot to drive.

I think they are fun to drive but as you mentioned they ruin it by charging so much for a gussied up Corolla or Civic it is hard to justify vs. other options. IMO, a Civic Type R or GR Corolla should be the same money as a GR86.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back