Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Lowering options?

CT5-V Model

burn813

Original Ginger
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Doesn't the blackwing share a lot of suspension components with the camaro? I wonder if there is something that could be done there??

Doesn't the blackwing share a lot of suspension components with the camaro? I wonder if there is something that could be done there??
Do you really want to lower it ?? Any lower and I would be afraid of destroying the carbon fiber. I have to avoid certain driveways because it's too low.

What you need is 20s :)

You need to do some research on mag ride control suspension. You sound new

Gm sells lowing springs/coils for mag ride Camaros, and this is why I ask. It’s not that I am new, I am just exploring options.
I have the full suspension upgrade package on my 50th Camaro 2SS. It also included reprogramming of the mag ride controller. Not sure, but they might include that with the MRC lowering springs.

I have the full suspension upgrade package on my 50th Camaro 2SS. It also included reprogramming of the mag ride controller. Not sure, but they might include that with the MRC lowering springs.
Thats because the suspension upgrade on the Camaro was the 1LE suspension upgrade. Much stiffer and had to be reprogrammed. Lowering springs will typically mess w the mag ride. Best off leaving it alone. The Camaro had regular mag ride and then the 1LE mag ride upgrade for the SS if it was ordered as the kit. Otherwise the 1LE SS had all that out the factory.

Gm sells lowing springs/coils for mag ride Camaros, and this is why I ask. It’s not that I am new, I am just exploring options.
That is probably the 1LE suspension upgrade package. Typically it’s coil overs or mag ride but not both. At least that’s how it used to be a few years back. The coil overs would mess w the mag ride. I would check w the guys on the ATS V pages. I’ve had 2 6th gens and an ATS V and I wouldn’t mess w the mag ride.

If you want to lower for 'stance', sure there are options.

If you want to lower because you want it to handle 'better', nope.

Almost universally, the 6th Gen guys that lowered their cars with the MRC had detrimental results on track/AutoX.

If you completely replace the MRC with DSSVs or a complete system you can get better specific use case results.

In their defense, GM has some of the finest chassis engineers in the world. The Alpha chassis is one of the best handling ever made. I'd be really careful when trying to 'improve' it.

If you want to lower for 'stance', sure there are options.

If you want to lower because you want it to handle 'better', nope.

Almost universally, the 6th Gen guys that lowered their cars with the MRC had detrimental results on track/AutoX.

If you completely replace the MRC with DSSVs or a complete system you can get better specific use case results.

In their defense, GM has some of the finest chassis engineers in the world. The Alpha chassis is one of the best handling ever made. I'd be really careful when trying to 'improve' it.
Bingo!!! And the DSSVs from the ZL1 1LE are supposed to be extremely non forgiving.

Bingo!!! And the DSSVs from the ZL1 1LE are supposed to be extremely non forgiving.

The DSSV's are pretty amazing. They are used on the Raptor also. What makes the ZLE so rough is that every bushing in the car is metal. There isn't a single rubber piece in the whole suspension.

The DSSV's are pretty amazing. They are used on the Raptor also. What makes the ZLE so rough is that every bushing in the car is metal. There isn't a single rubber piece in the whole suspension.
I didn’t know that. Yikes

Coming from a zl1 and ss 1le i have read many threads on this topic. Consensus is to leave it stock for best performance/handling. But if you really want to do that you can go max 1.25 inches lower with springs without messing up the mag ride too badly. not worth it IMHO. GM spends millions of dollars to dial in these suspensions and then we ruin it with $300 springs :)

Coming from a zl1 and ss 1le i have read many threads on this topic. Consensus is to leave it stock for best performance/handling. But if you really want to do that you can go max 1.25 inches lower with springs without messing up the mag ride too badly. not worth it IMHO. GM spends millions of dollars to dial in these suspensions and then we ruin it with $300 springs :)
that being said I always thought this zl1 on velgens looked badass lol

Attachments

• 633525-3-2018-camaro-chevrolet-zl1-bc-racing-coilovers-velgen-vfmp10-machined.jpg
    633525-3-2018-camaro-chevrolet-zl1-bc-racing-coilovers-velgen-vfmp10-machined.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 109

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners