Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Looking For Advice on Quick Jack or Race Ramps for CT4-V Blackwing

fleezy

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I am looking into purchasing a better jacking solution for my CT4-V Blackwing than trying to use a floor jack and jack stands. I know there are several posts in these forums and some other sites about possible lifting points, aftermarket lift pads, Quick Jacks, and Race Ramps but I thought it might be best to start a thread here to see what others are doing.
If anyone is currently using either a Quick Jack or Race Ramp, which model you are using and what are the pros and cons of each approach?

I'd love to get a dedicated lift installed in my garage but I just don't have the clearance needed.

So let's here about your lifting solutions!

Quickjacks are pretty good for what they are, but be careful to get the right size that will fit the most cars possible. My older model with extensions doesn't fit the CT5. I'd go with the longest version they have now.

67” Race Ramps for oil changes.

For tires and brakes I use the ZL1 add-on magnetic jack pad adapter plus extension. If I jack from the pinch weld behind the front wheel I assume I can get both wheels off the ground.

I am still trying to find some permanent lift pads for the 4BW since the Camaro versions won’t fit.

Costco. Used it to change oil the other day.

Attachments

• 900391D2-4167-4F48-A9F1-8545D6D8C097.jpeg
    900391D2-4167-4F48-A9F1-8545D6D8C097.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 233
  • 973AD806-F3D4-413B-8D64-2941DAC48F0D.jpeg
    973AD806-F3D4-413B-8D64-2941DAC48F0D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 260
  • 7DA1AD57-8BA4-4744-8EA6-AD41ACF07E57.png
    7DA1AD57-8BA4-4744-8EA6-AD41ACF07E57.png
    366.1 KB · Views: 263
The front I use the ones with the cutouts that look like: + The back I just double stack and there was a little square cutout

Race Ramps for oil changes.

I used to have a set of the QuickJack 5000 for my SS 1LE, but the -5000 (even the -EXT) is too short for the BW.

I have a -6000ELX now. Works great with the SUV adapters for my wife's JL Wrangler. And on paper, it's right length for the BW5.

Only be wary of the -6000ELX or any for the TLX versions if you have to lift something short (Miata, Civic, etc).

Costco. Used it to change oil the other day.
I was thinking about ordering the 7000TL, which is on sale at Costco for $1,500 right now and then picking up the wall hooks from Home Depot and the pinch weld blocks separately.

Any chance anyone has pics of their BW4 or BW5 while on a QuickJack? If so, please indicate what model QuickJack you have. Thanks!

I was thinking about ordering the 7000TL, which is on sale at Costco for $1,500 right now and then picking up the wall hooks from Home Depot and the pinch weld blocks separately.

Any chance anyone has pics of their BW4 or BW5 while on a QuickJack? If so, please indicate what model QuickJack you have. Thanks!
Measure the distance between your pinch welds. It's 62 inches between pinch welds at the closest point for the BW5. You need to add 2 inches on both sides for the blocks for a total of 66 inches. "Minimum Lift Point Spread" (I) according to QuickJacks needs to be 66 inches. So, the TLX or ELX will work, but most likely, not the TL.

i use the 5000TL from costco. ill try and lift her up in the next day or two and send some pics.

Is anyone using the quickjack 7000TLX for a CT5? I would go with the 6000ELX for the Blackwing but it's too long to work with some of my other vehicles. It seems like the 66" frame on the TLX should just fit but it would be great to hear some first hand experience.

Last edited:
Is anyone using the quickjack 7000tlx for a CT5? I would go with the 6000ELX for the Blackwing but it's too long to work with some of my other vehicles. It seems like the 66" frame on the TLX should just fit but it would be great to hear some first hand experience.
I use the 6000ELX for both of my Blackwings, 4 & 5 and its perfect.

I have the longest quick jacks available and love them. They fit my z3m, AMG gts, and my x5m so I have no doubt they will work great for my ct4 Blackwing when it arrives.
3E6F9E95-D008-496A-8779-F267761C6820.jpeg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners