Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Kooks exhaust

CT5-V Model

Daijoubu

Seasoned Member
The first 5 BW I've seen in the wild, and it has Kooks exhaust. Not sure how much of the exhaust is aftermarket, but the tips are for sure. Looks good. Not great pics, I was in a hurry. It's #81-376.

Attachments

• PXL_20230113_165748901.jpg
    PXL_20230113_165748901.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 414
  • PXL_20230113_165737821.jpg
    PXL_20230113_165737821.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 468
  • PXL_20230113_165711205.jpg
    PXL_20230113_165711205.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 468
Nice find... tks for the pics!

Looks like a Solo from my SS. Would love a sound byte. I'm all for changing to something with more noise so long as it doesn't kill power and doesn't take away the OEM tips. They just look too good.

Looks like a Solo from my SS. Would love a sound bite. I'm all for changing to something with more noise so long as it doesn't kill power and doesn't take away the OEM tips. They just look too good.
I’m with you on the tips, oem >>>. Kooks posted a couple sound clips on instagram and Facebook but it’s unclear if it’s just their catback or if it has their headers as well.

kits are available on Kooks website now…. Headers and c-pipe only

So how does this compare to a catback system? It looks like the only difference (outside of the headers obviously) is the very distal mufflers?

Tapout Tuning will receive the first production run of these products, and we have them at 10% lower prices too.

Last edited:
So i take it Kooks is not working on a catback exhaust for the 5? Is there going to be any appreciable difference in sound with this exhaust??

So i take it Kooks is not working on a catback exhaust for the 5? Is there going to be any appreciable difference in sound with this exhaust??
Yes, they will have cat-back exhaust systems as well. Headers will be introduced in February, and cat-back exhausts some time later in the year.

Yes, they will have cat-back exhaust systems as well. Headers will be introduced in February, and cat-back exhausts some time later in the year.
So if we did the header + x-pipe now which looks like it takes you all the way back to the mufflers will there be a cheaper addition when the catback comes out to complete the system?

Also would like to know about the sound difference with the competition x-pipe and the green catted x-pipe.

So if we did the header + x-pipe now which looks like it takes you all the way back to the mufflers will there be a cheaper addition when the catback comes out to complete the system?

Also would like to know about the sound difference with the competition x-pipe and the green catted x-pipe.
We assume their new exhaust system will be fully compatible with their headers. So maybe 'cat-back' wasn't a good work choice on my part.

Yes, we will be testing both header versions early next month.

We assume their new exhaust system will be fully compatible with their headers. So maybe 'cat-back' wasn't a good work choice on my part.

Yes, we will be testing both header versions early next month.
Thank you sir, will definitely order with you when I'm ready. Eagerly awaiting the catback but I may not be patient enough and pull the trigger on the headers to get some extra sound out of this thing!

My google-fu isn't working. Can someone post a link to the sound clips?

Surprisingly they have had one up for three months.

Surprisingly they have had one up for three months.
Yeah I don’t know where that came from. Apparently they hadn’t started development until after the headers which only recently went into production. Kooks is confusing. All I know is the first company to come out with a catback is going to make a lot of money from blackwing owners.

Yeah I don’t know where that came from. Apparently they hadn’t started development until after the headers which only recently went into production. Kooks is confusing. All I know is the first company to come out with a catback is going to make a lot of money from blackwing owners.
All i know is I want more sound in cabin without dealing a CEL from the cats from the exhaust and green cats. It's too quiet for me with the valves fully open. If the headers provide that then great but i think i'll still need a new muffler to be happy. Standing by for actual reviews of the headers to purchase.

All i know is I want more sound in cabin without dealing a CEL from the cats from the exhaust and green cats. It's too quiet for me with the valves fully open. If the headers provide that then great but i think i'll still need a new muffler to be happy. Standing by for actual reviews of the headers to purchase.
You can disable the ANC

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners