Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Kooks exhaust

CT5-V Model
All i know is I want more sound in cabin without dealing a CEL from the cats from the exhaust and green cats. It's too quiet for me with the valves fully open. If the headers provide that then great but i think i'll still need a new muffler to be happy. Standing by for actual reviews of the headers to purchase.
It is a luxury car, so outside noise is a prime issue to eliminate. Have someone else drive it and follow behind, will change your attitude. It's a beast and let's outside world know.😎

It is a luxury car, so outside noise is a prime issue to eliminate. Have someone else drive it and follow behind, will change your attitude. It's a beast and let's outside world know.😎
Luxury or not it's a sports car! When i need to have my radio off to hear the engine then it's too quiet! :)

Any update ?

I see the header kits on the web site, but no mufflers. As others have stated, the mufflers are the most important since that's all most people will want.

Any update ?

I see the header kits on the web site, but no mufflers. As others have stated, the mufflers are the most important since that's all most people will want.
We received the first production batch of header systems from Kooks a couple weeks ago, and all preorders shipped at that time.

These systems sound AMAZING with the factory muffler still in place. In our opinion, there is no reason to change the muffler.

We received the first production batch of header systems from Kooks a couple weeks ago, and all preorders shipped at that time.

These systems sound AMAZING with the factory muffler still in place. In our opinion, there is no reason to change the muffler.
Can you show us a stock dyno and then a dyno with the headers on?

Can you show us a stock dyno and then a dyno with the headers on?
There was no measureable power difference between stock cats, headers with Green cats and headers with off road pipes. But the sound is out of this world!

By the way, here are our latest results with the CT5-V Blackwing.

5V Blackwing on the Dyno.PNG

Alek Mroczka - 702 whp.png

There was no measureable power difference between stock cats, headers with Green cats and headers with off road pipes. But the sound is out of this world!

By the way, here are our latest results with the CT5-V Blackwing.

View attachment 17201

View attachment 17202

Ok, so do you have any vids of a stock exhaust compared to the kooks?

The Kooks cost more and take significant effort to install. The sound will have to be dramatically better, not just louder.

There was no measureable power difference between stock cats, headers with Green cats and headers with off road pipes.
I have to admit sound alone does not warrant my labor and $3,000 investment for a negligible power increase. Looks like ported blower housing and larger throttle body are still the best bang for the buck. At least at present time.

Ok, so do you have any vids of a stock exhaust compared to the kooks?

The Kooks cost more and take significant effort to install. The sound will have to be dramatically better, not just louder.
It's not just louder. It sounds absolutely INCREDIBLE!

We will have some videos posted up in the near future.

I have to admit sound alone does not warrant my labor and $3,000 investment for a negligible power increase. Looks like ported blower housing and larger throttle body are still the best bang for the buck. At least at present time.
That's true if you're looking at power per dollar. But the sound of the headers is out of this world.

It's not just louder. It sounds absolutely INCREDIBLE!

We will have some videos posted up in the near future.
I spent $6K on my S4 for headers (no cats) and a great Milltek exhaust knowing there would be no performance increase. I did it for the sound. On the S4 it was necessary to remove the engine from the mounts and raise it up some to install the headers. Is this also the case with the LT4 in the BW?

I spent $6K on my S4 for headers (no cats) and a great Milltek exhaust knowing there would be no performance increase. I did it for the sound. On the S4 it was necessary to remove the engine from the mounts and raise it up some to install the headers. Is this also the case with the LT4 in the BW?
No need to remove or raise the engine on the CT5-V Blackwing.

Lets hear that exhaust…

Or are you telling us that the first thing you did after installing, firing the car up and realizing how incredible it sounded was to NOT take 15 seconds and record a sound clip?

Lets hear that exhaust…

Or are you telling us that the first thing you did after installing, firing the car up and realizing how incredible it sounded was to NOT take 15 seconds and record a sound clip?
We have plenty of sound clips. But our man with the videos isn't working this weekend.

The car already has more power than you can apply to the tarmac. But the sound is one of the main reasons I paid so much for this car.

Headers with stock muffler just doesn't make sense to me. Changing the muffler has got to be WAY easier (and thus cheaper) and have WAY more impact on how it sounds.

I struck out again with 2 local shops, so I am very close to resolving that I'll have to wait for the aftermarket.

Borla's catback package for the Camaro ZL1 is $4k, which seems ridiculously expensive. The mufflers - and maybe tips - are all I really need. I'll call Monday and see if that's available and inquire about using the ZL1 setup as-is, and if they have anything potentially coming for the BW. That price is seeming more realistic given there are zero alternatives.........sure hoping Kooks retains the variable sound.

Wont Tap - after adding the Kooks to the stock mufflers, was the stock butterfly valves still able to quieten it down ? I'm a tiny bit concerned that it won't be able to make the super loud side very quiet after all........so perhaps my quest for variable may not matter anyway.

Unfortunately, Kooks told me today they stopped working on the muffler. He cited valving issues, so I guess they gave up on the adjustable setup.

Borla also confirmed they have no immediate plans to offer anything. A donor car to use for prototypes was mentioned as one of their primary obstacles. I promptly offered to be their guinea pig. They didn't even offer resistance to an even trade. :)

I'll keep y'all posted if anything comes from it.

Does anyone have experience running Borla exhaust ? I can't say I've heard one in person, so I would love a subjective review of the sound and how loud it is.

Video clips on your phone or PC can never offer any type of real glimpse of what a V8 really sounds like.

Wont Tap - after adding the Kooks to the stock mufflers, was the stock butterfly valves still able to quieten it down ? I'm a tiny bit concerned that it won't be able to make the super loud side very quiet after all........so perhaps my quest for variable may not matter anyway.
Yes, the car remains nice and quiet in Touring mode with the Active Exhaust valves closed. In Track mode with the valves open, this thing is an absolute animal!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back