Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Key fob paint

tateintx

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5-V Blackwing
Odd question…Anyone attempted to have their key fob painted? I am going to have my caliper color changed and my ocd will not allow the key fob to be a different color.

I don't know of any touch of paint but I wrapped mine in this stuff which is nearly identical to the red paint. I'm not sure what color fob you have but you could try it for the $4 and see how it is. In addition I put mine in a genuine carbon fiber case for $25 and I don't worry about it.

That cover is for standard Cadillac fob, not for V badged fob
You're right, I forgot to mention that key part. It fits perfectly fine around the fob itself, however the V badge gets cut off. You'll never find a cover that will be made for a V badge.

The paint on these fobs are terrible, they chip very easily. My car came with a nice big chip from the factory.

The black CF case has the key fob that I wrapped with the red vinyl from eBay. The red CF key fob is not wrapped and you can see how the paint is. The wrap looks better in person, but overall I'm pretty happy with these.
20230115_174109.jpg

Was instructed to post here. I've ordered some 3M clear vinyl tape and an X-Acto knife. Going to attempt it on another cars' keys before I try it on the Caddy's. I'll let y'all know how it does lol.

Update: I found this key fob cover and messaged the seller to see if they can engrave the "V" logo instead of the traditional Cadillac emblem. He replied and said he can. I sent over a few pictures of our key fob and he confirmed "of course I can engrave V logo." Just placed my order for a red leather one. I'll update you guys once it arrives.

For anyone else ordering, he instructed me to request the V logo in the order notes. I also linked a couple pictures of the V logo and the back of the key fob for reference in my request.

Last edited:
Update: I found this: key fob cover and messaged the seller to see if they can engrave the "V" logo instead of the traditional Cadillac emblem. He replied and said he can. I sent over a few pictures of our key fob and he confirmed "of course I can engrave V logo." Just placed my order for a red leather one. I'll update you guys once it arrives.
Awesome, contacted seller to put my name on list.

Update on my attempt to clear vinyl wrap another car's key. Much more difficult than I thought and it didn't turn out great. Cutting away the seams isn't hard, just time consuming and tedious. But I prepped with rubbing alcohol and it didn't apply extremely smoothly underneath. Also it's a bit dicey using the X-Acto knife. I'll wait for the lather key fob cover lmao.

Update on my attempt to clear vinyl wrap another car's key. Much more difficult than I thought and it didn't turn out great. Cutting away the seams isn't hard, just time consuming and tedious. But I prepped with rubbing alcohol and it didn't apply extremely smoothly underneath. Also it's a bit dicey using the X-Acto knife. I'll wait for the lather key fob cover lmao.
Too bad didn't work as well as planned. Thinking the clear film is thicker therefore harder to work with than colored wrap that @Neveready used. I ordered the leather fob covers mentioned earlier for both fobs. To prevent damage to them prior to arrival I put both fobs away from my lovely wrecking ball of a wife.🤣

Sorry the wrap didn't work out but at least you weren't out too much money. The leather fobs will look great, I'm sure of it.

Got my red leather keyfob case. The quality is great. The only issue is fitment. It doesn't close all the way around the physical key/metal portion. That might be by design to slip the key in/out. Overall a 9/10. The V logo embroidery is a nice touch. Was $30 and shipped from Houston, TX to me in Central Texas pretty quickly.

I'm mostly satisfied and this is better than nothing and it's sad Cadillac doesn't offer any overpriced cases I'd be more than willing to pay. I ended up ordering a 2nd one for my spare key. Maybe the leather will stretch a bit over time and close the gap some.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 113
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
You're right, I forgot to mention that key part. It fits perfectly fine around the fob itself, however the V badge gets cut off. You'll never find a cover that will be made for a V badge.

The paint on these fobs are terrible, they chip very easily. My car came with a nice big chip from the factory.

The black CF case has the key fob that I wrapped with the red vinyl from eBay. The red CF key fob is not wrapped and you can see how the paint is. The wrap looks better in person, but overall I'm pretty happy with these.
View attachment 16021
Not sure, I got ripped for having keys on the ring! ??? LOL ;)

Lots of hits....I was instructed to do several things today as well. :(

;)

I received mine yesterday and overall pleased. Got white with bronze colored stitching for the wife and black with white for me. Lazer etch is hard to see on black leather but stands out on lighter colors. $65 shipped for both. Including pic of card from vendor should anybody else be interested.

Attachments

• 16745774284188731173915932434231.jpg
    16745774284188731173915932434231.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 133
  • 16745774806504820285663957308635.jpg
    16745774806504820285663957308635.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 127
  • 1674577626543198193294383785363.jpg
    1674577626543198193294383785363.jpg
    767.3 KB · Views: 120
I received mine yesterday and overall pleased. Got white with bronze colored stitching for the wife and black with white for me. Lazer etch is hard to see on black leather but stands out on lighter colors. $65 shipped for both. Including pic of card from vendor should anybody else be interested.
Yours doesn't seem to have that gap I have at the opening section. Hmmm, hoping my 2nd order turns out better.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back