Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Key FOB paint chips

Nice touch. How did you deal with the logo? Hobby knife? Is it lifting at the logo?
+1 and where did you find the wrap?

Nice touch. How did you deal with the logo? Hobby knife? Is it lifting at the logo?
Yes, exacto knife. No lifting, no need issues.

+1 and where did you find the wrap?
Amazon. The color match to Blaze orange is VERY good, not perfect.
PXL_20220619_014738845.jpg

Let us know if that case fits. The caddy emblem looks cut out and I didn't expect it to fit over the v emblem
Will do. The V emblem is longer so you may be right.

There is a red one for sale now on eBay. You should buy it.
I bought the black fake CT ones as my calipers are blue. Ideally would prefer to buy a small amount of clear vinyl or PPF that I can cover the keys with myself, not sure if I can purchase a small quantity - don't want to buy a huge roll....

When I picked up my blackwing, the red paint was chipped on my key Fob and it's triggering my OCD. As far as I'm aware, they don't sell replacement colored key shells. The dealership said they would replace the key fob but that's going to require programming. It seems like a lot of trouble and waste of money for some chipped paint.

Has anyone experienced this please chime in on if you matched the paint or if you found a key fob cover to protect it.

I had some old PPF lying around and was able to cover the painted portions for now but the chip is there staring at me every time I pick up the key.
There is a red one for sale on eBay.

I got this one. It is huge, but sturdy. I like the clear back cover so you can see the original fob color. Couldn't find anything better for a manual remote as all the silicone covers are for auto ones.

Let us know if that case fits. The caddy emblem looks cut out and I didn't expect it to fit over the v emblem
@Neveready the case fits perfectly. True, it has the Caddy emblem cutout - not the V - but it actually works well. It shows the V and also a bit of the underlying color (see pics). I'm very pleased with it.

Attachments

• keyfob2.jpg
    keyfob2.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 81
  • keyfob1.jpg
    keyfob1.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 79
@Neveready the case fits perfectly. True, it has the Caddy emblem cutout - not the V - but it actually works well. It shows the V and also a bit of the underlying color (see pics). I'm very pleased with it.
Right on man. I'll buy that case now. Thanks for taking the plunge.

You're welcome!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners