Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Issues with 6MT Burnout

CT5-V Model

619Blackwing

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Hey everyone, I’ve looked to see if there was a thread about this but I haven’t quite figured out how to navigate the site yet.

I’m trying to figure out how to do a standing burnout in my 6MT CT5V Blackwing but whenever I do, it seems to pull power/timing. I’ve tried several settings, TC off (held till both “traction off” lights are on, PTM off, tires cold. Rpm’s anywhere from 2k-4k.

Line lock works just fine.

When you say PTM off, do you mean Race1 or Race2. PTM is never really 100% off, but those two are as close as you can get.

Yep! Race1 and Race2. Only other thing I can think of is maybe I’m applying too much brake.

why are you applying brake. in line lock you shouldn't need to once you start your burn out... to unlock line lock you have to escape line lock and you can run out the rest of your burn out or you can then apply brakes to keep it going, but when line lock is engaged, brakes aren't needed

I mentioned above that burnouts in line lock are just fine…. The issue is a standing burnout WITHOUT using line lock.. you know…. The old school way? 🤷🏾‍♂️

I mentioned above that burnouts in line lock are just fine…. The issue is a standing burnout WITHOUT using line lock.. you know…. The old school way? 🤷🏾‍♂️
I vote too much brake. Once you get the wheels spinning fast enough, it barely takes any brake to lock the front wheels.

Take a couple gallons of water with you and wet down the area around the rears. Then hammer it. Pretty sure that will get the wheels spinning to start with. Another method is to roll backward at a few mph, then go into first and hammer it.

With all this testing you’re doing you may want to secure a new set of rears. I have an extra set in my garage just to be safe. Sometimes there are periods of time with tire shortages.

Competitive driving mode is what you need. Go into sport mode and press the traction control button twice. That mode eliminates almost all nannies holding back any burnouts.

I mentioned above that burnouts in line lock are just fine…. The issue is a standing burnout WITHOUT using line lock.. you know…. The old school way? 🤷🏾
You can not have the car in race 1 or 2 . Go into normal v mode with no ptm modes selected (inactive) then press and hold traction till both lights light up. This should fix the problem.

Here's a customer leaving with the settings I was referring too.

Attachments

• 5vbw.MOV
    24.5 MB
I vote too much brake. Once you get the wheels spinning fast enough, it barely takes any brake to lock the front wheels.
Agreed. I know on the 4bw I can apply slight brake while cruising around 15-20mph and holding the gas down in second gear and the car will do a rolling brake stand. Pretty cool, other cars I've had in the past don't allow this do to having to hold too much brake while rolling.

Attachments

• 4bw23.MOV
    11.1 MB
no issue either way, you need to not be in race 1 or 2 and then hold traction until both lights appear.

However why stress the brakes when the line lock is so easy to access.

no issue either way, you need to not be in race 1 or 2 and then hold traction until both lights appear.

However why stress the brakes when the line lock is so easy to access.
Does line lock let you roll off the brake? Or does it keep you stuck burning out in same spot till you stop? I was under the impression that you couldn't roll off ... makes the whole burning out thing pretty meh.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back