Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Insurance Quotes

Chevy 2500 - 625/yr
Tahoe - 620/yr
XT - 720/yr
C8 - 705/yr
370 - 630/yr
4BW - 780/yr

no accidents/tickets/claims in over 30yrs, 500 deductible. 3yrs ago all the other vehicles were 20% cheaper

So, got my 4BW added to my policy yesterday. It added a grand total of $450/year to our policy 😆. I was quite happy with that.

Yearly cost for our 3 vehicles is now $1700 (4BW, Yukon Denali, and wife's Town & County van). I think it's on the cheaper side as the 4BW and Yukon are classified as 'pleasure' vehicles - I've worked from home the last 10 years so they see very little miles.

Any CA folks with recos for insurance?
AAA(current policy) just quoted 2000 a year for 500$ deductibles. No accidents 35+

FL insurance has been obscene lately. My home and auto are both renewing next month, USAA jacked up my renewal almost $500 for 2 cars (2020 Palisade and 5BW) to almost $2300 for 6 months. Home owners just jumped from $1250 to $2375.
Just bundled both thru Allstate and saved about $800 combining the two. I cried paying $3800 in insurance this afternoon.

For whatever it's worth, I got a quote for my incoming 5 BW and it was virtually the same (like 2% less) as my current 2020 Civic Type R, both through American Family Insurance via Costco.

Blood suckers, we have not had a claim. Over 20 years. Rates up, never down. These A!@@#$%

Yeah it's wild. Crazy thing is southwest FL hasnt really been hit in the last 30 years so theyre making an absolute killing here. Or at least reinsurance is.
I guess the "hookers and blow" Christmas party is off the table for the first time in 30 years?

Just got my HO renewal. Went from $1500 to $2700. UP 75%!!!! No claims, new house. Agent said they've had a lot of natural disaster losses. He said most rates went up 35% at renewal. Um, yeah, but mine went up 75%??? Well, that's the rate, sorry. I'll be shopping soon. Funny, the auto renewal hardly went up.

After years of being with one insurance company and thinking they treated me well for being with them for so long (hint-they don't), I now use a broker who will shop me the best deal. It has saved me a lot of money. When you switch to a new insurer (Progressive, Allstate, etc.), your first year will be a low quote. The next year, it will commonly go up quite a bit. That's what they all do. I don't feel it hurts anything to shop reputable companies as long as you get comparable coverage when you get quotes. Bundling home and multiple autos will always get you the best rates.

For whatever it's worth, I got a quote for my incoming 5 BW and it was virtually the same (like 2% less) as my current 2020 Civic Type R, both through American Family Insurance via Costco.
How much though?

And btw- my zip code is 94555

Just to throw my hat in... NYC, Age 30+,
7 years of clean driving record, no bundling, and its 2300/yr.

How much though?

And btw- my zip code is 94555
Kind of irrelevant as it varies widely by each person's situation, coverage, driving record, demographics, etc. (I used to work in insurance) but it's like $218/mo vs. $222...

After years of being with one insurance company and thinking they treated me well for being with them for so long (hint-they don't), I now use a broker who will shop me the best deal. It has saved me a lot of money. When you switch to a new insurer (Progressive, Allstate, etc.), your first year will be a low quote. The next year, it will commonly go up quite a bit. That's what they all do. I don't feel it hurts anything to shop reputable companies as long as you get comparable coverage when you get quotes. Bundling home and multiple autos will always get you the best rates.
That's exactly what I did, bundled with my HO Ins agent of some 28 yrs as they are now registered agents with current Ins. Added the cars, dumped my old carrier (G!@#O) after 25 years and their BS tactics. They refunded me 2 mnths premiums on my way out, after making 25 yrs of claim free payments...Thank you. Still carry full coverage for a 22 year old. Over here as Im sure in most areas, crushes you, with a 22 yr old on the insurance. Saved $800 p/yr on great coverage for all (4 cars) with Progressive.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I did, bundled with my HO Ins agent of some 28 yrs as they are now registered agents with current Ins. Added the cars, dumped my old carrier (G!@#O) after 25 years and their BS tactics. They refunded me 2 mnths premiums on my way out, after making 25 yrs of claim free payments...Thank you. Still carry full coverage for a 22 year old. Over here as Im sure in most areas, crushes you, with a 22 yr old on the insurance. Saved $800 p/yr on great coverage for all (4 cars) with Progressive.
I feel your pain, as I have a 22 yr old with 2 accidents on my insurance.... His insurance alone is more than both my BW's and my wife's Honda put together....

USAA here, $285/mo.
Northern NJ/nyc area
5BW, early 40s. Wife on policy too.
3 cars full coverage, 2 liability only.
No accidents, last ticket in '08.
That also includes a valuable personal property policy.
Homeowners is separate, but also USAA.

Last edited:
I feel your pain, as I have a 22 yr old with 2 accidents on my insurance.... His insurance alone is more than both my BW's and my wife's Honda put together....
I remember when you used to lie to yourself and call the bw4 your wifes.
1669908879970.png

USAA here, $285/mo.
Northern NJ/nyc area
5BW, early 40s. Wife on policy too.
3 cars full coverage, 2 liability only.
No accidents, last ticket in '08.
That also includes a valuable personal property policy.
Homeowners is separate, but also USAA.
Bundle them all. I couldnt get rid of my renters insurance even after buying a home since getting rid of it will lose me a few hundred $ of discount on my auto insurance. Less than $20 a month for High Value property and renters to save like $250 was worth it.
But then, my renewal this month with USAA went insane. But its starting to seem like its across the board...

Bundle them all. I couldnt get rid of my renters insurance even after buying a home since getting rid of it will lose me a few hundred $ of discount on my auto insurance. Less than $20 a month for High Value property and renters to save like $250 was worth it.
But then, my renewal this month with USAA went insane. But its starting to seem like its across the board...,

Well, they are all technically bundled. By separate, I just meant that the homeowners policy is paid through the mortgage, so thats about 1000 a year. So I pay about 370 a month in total insurances.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back