Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Instrument Cluster Service

Jim2000

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-Blackwing
As I was driving, I heard a beep and saw a message to the right of my steering wheel saying "Instrument Cluster Service". I disabled it and my radio screen in the center transferred me to navigation. What is a instrument cluster service? Has anyone else seen this message? Both of my local dealers have never heard of this.

I saw it once on my 4 BW then I hit the ok button and it went away. Never saw it again. Chalk it up to bad coding or gremlins, with some arrangement of data bits that the ECU saw in a state and flashed some default message. Don’t worry about it. I get my oil changed this week and when they plug into the OBD port maybe they see it stored in memory.

I saw the same message on my BW4 and I did the same, said ok and it went away. At the dealership having oil change and they checked and said it was just a error and it corrected itself and done.

If you were to scan your car regularly, you would be surprised how many communication errors there are in the history (that self-correct) and you never knew they happened. The low level ones don't cause any error messages to pop up on the DIC. The amount of modules that are in the car is crazy and there are hundreds of processes being monitored.

If you were to scan your car regularly, you would be surprised how many communication errors there are in the history (that self-correct) and you never knew they happened. The low level ones don't cause any error messages to pop up on the DIC. The amount of modules that are in the car is crazy and there are hundreds of processes being monitored.
The good old days had cars without all of this technology. I miss those days.

How do you scan your car?

How do you scan your car?
I have a several hundred dollar tool that is similar to what a shop might use for scanning, 2 way communication, diagnostics, resets, graphing, etc. It's like something from Autel, Snap On, etc., but not as expensive.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back