Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

I'll be Blackwing-less for at least 2 months

nashblackwing

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4VBW, owned 2016 ATSV
I pulled out from a stop sign this morning after grabbing a coffee, and I had to cross two lanes of traffic. The opposing traffic was coming down a hill with good visibility, and it was an area I am familiar with. All of the cars were in the slow lane and slowing to turn onto the road I was sitting on. I pulled out to make the left turn and I think at the last minute, one of the cars behind the car that was turning went into the left lane. Just as I was crossing that lane I was hit. Obviously, I was at the stop sign and he was not so I get that I had fault.

The car that hit me just kept it pushing lol. Barely slowed down. It was an older car with temp tags. I am guessing he did not have a license or insurance. Anyways, it will be 4 to 6 weeks before the car can be looked at. Another month estimated to repair. Only $13K in damages, surprisingly. The other side and hood are completely fine. Just the left front panel and the front end. Airbags did not go off.

It sucks that it will be a mark on the car's record whenever I go to resell it but whatever.

IMG_1143.jpg

I pulled out from a stop sign this morning after grabbing a coffee, and I had to cross two lanes of traffic. The opposing traffic was coming down a hill with good visibility, and it was an area I am familiar with. All of the cars were in the slow lane and slowing to turn onto the road I was sitting on. I pulled out to make the left turn and I think at the last minute, one of the cars behind the car that was turning went into the left lane. Just as I was crossing that lane I was hit. Obviously, I was at the stop sign and he was not so I get that I had fault.

The car that hit me just kept it pushing lol. Barely slowed down. It was an older car with temp tags. I am guessing he did not have a license or insurance. Anyways, it will be 4 to 6 weeks before the car can be looked at. Another month estimated to repair. Only $13K in damages, surprisingly. The other side and hood are completely fine. Just the left front panel and the front end. Airbags did not go off.

It sucks that it will be a mark on the car's record whenever I go to resell it but whatever.

View attachment 15172
That’s jacked up. Another impatient driver.
Glad you’re ok

View attachment 15172
Wow, totally sucks. At least you walked away and are able to talk about it. Car will get fix, shit happens, that’s why they call them accidents. Good luck with all!

Well, I finally got the updated timeline and cost to repair. No frame damage and no airbag deployment but almost $20K in damage after taxes. Supposedly all of the parts will be in next week besides the fender. The item is on backorder with no estimate as of today when it will maybe be in. The collision center said they did not find any other options in the meantime either. Even with getting the fender in next week, I would think it would be five or more weeks until I get the car back. Deciding whether to buy another car in the meantime or what. If I were not buying a house in a few months, I would just buy another BW.

I think the part number is 84950639, but I am not sure if that is the one he is referring to. When I visited last week, he mentioned it was the grill that was delayed. Anyways, when I figure it out, I'll post it here on the off chance someone can pull a miracle lol. I already have a friend who works for GM looking into it, but I do not anticipate that I can find it any faster than them.

Good luck getting her back, ASAP!

It is the three-month anniversary since the accident. I still do not have a clue when I will have my car back. All of the parts are in except for the left fender. No clue when it will be in, and no estimate provided by GM. I know the supply issues are not just a GM thing, but it sucks to buy an expensive car (at least for me) and there's no idea when they can make a replacement fender so I can get back out on the road.

My suggestion is to start emailing Cadillac executives. They have the parts, it's just about who you can get to ask for them. I had to replace one of my side fender vents due to the PPF shop breaking a clip on one of them. I got the same answer over and over from the PPF guy and the dealership about the part. "We cant get them from Cadillac and they aren't listed on any websites". Waited several months and then decided to email Steve Carlisle directly. He delegated the email out and I had the fender vent in a couple weeks. Might be worth trying the same thing.

My suggestion is to start emailing Cadillac executives. They have the parts, it's just about who you can get to ask for them. I had to replace one of my side fender vents due to the PPF shop breaking a clip on one of them. I got the same answer over and over from the PPF guy and the dealership about the part. "We cant get them from Cadillac and they aren't listed on any websites". Waited several months and then decided to email Steve Carlisle directly. He delegated the email out and I had the fender vent in a couple weeks. Might be worth trying the same thing.
Thank you I’ll try that. I’m guessing that it’s something stupid like the fender vent holding it up and not the actual fender. I have a person in GM but the info I got from them was not right and there wasn’t much they could help me with but I’ll try emailing Steve. Thanks again.

Thank you I’ll try that. I’m guessing that it’s something stupid like the fender vent holding it up and not the actual fender. I have a person in GM but the info I got from them was not right and there wasn’t much they could help me with but I’ll try emailing Steve. Thanks again.
Ask your insurance to buy the car and move on.

Ask your insurance to buy the car and move on.
Why would they buy the car? It's not totaled. I am the one eating the rental costs at this point, so I am sure they don't care if it is in the shop for a year. I've thought about buying another Blackwing and selling this one when it is done, but I am not paying taxes again on a new car and my rate is 3%. I am also closing on a house in August so I can't be reckless with my credit.

Demuro did a video selling his Defender - and mentioned the same issue - no parts available after a collission. He said Land Rover was buying cars back from customers rather than providing parts.

Demuro did a video selling his Defender - and mentioned the same issue - no parts available after a collission. He said Land Rover was buying cars back from customers rather than providing parts.
And then doing what with those parts cars? Is Rover buying used parts and reselling as "like new"?

Yeah my buddy had the same thing happen with his Range Rover. Take it in for a part and have to trade it in because they can’t get the part. So wild.

I interpreted what Range Rover was doing with the buy backs was supplying market with collision repair parts. I don't think "as-new" pricing, but its their solution for supply chain issues. THIS...is a strange world we live in.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back