Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

I'll be Blackwing-less for at least 2 months

So I did what @Blackwing16 said to do by emailing the executive team, and it worked in a roundabout way. They just forward the email to whatever assistant, and they collect additional information about the issue. They call the body shop and the dealer (where the parts are being ordered from since my local dealer does not have an internal body shop). I was not very optimistic because it seemed like she was just trying to get information from them, which I already had.

Anyways, a few hours later, the service manager at the dealer that ordered all of the parts all of the sudden has a left driver-side fender for a Blackwing. Supposedly it was on hold for another one that was wrecked, but it is way too much of a coincidence that it appeared hours after I talked to GM.

EDIT: The fender may have been actually held for another car that ended up not needing it but didn't after talking to the body shop. I do not want to jump to conclusions against the dealer. I think the call just spurred them to check with the owner of the car that the fender was being held for. Just glad to get my car back soon.

Anyways, off to Springmountain on Sunday and back in my car within a few weeks. Thanks @Blackwing16.

Last edited:
Well, it has been 132 days since the accident, and still no end in sight. We finally got the fender in, and I thought that was the end of it. The body shop started putting it together and realized that the rail end parts (GM calls them asborbers) did not fit even though it was the right part number. They reordered the parts and still had the same issue. The dealer had to reach out to GM engineering or someone at corporate about the part not being correct. GM figured out that the supplier is not making the correct part. I have no timeline of when this part may be made. I just called Cadillac Customer Service to make a case on this since it has been a month since we found out the issue.

I love this car but this has been a ridiculous experience.

Sorry to hear about the accident and the never ending service visit. Glad you are ok and still with us. I understand the frustration with waiting for the car, I am in the same boat but for another reason. I don't think its the best idea to be buying another vehicle if you are closing on a house, unless you make a ton of money. That is the route I went and bought a c6 z06 h/c/i to hold me over til i get my 5bw back, which should be in a few weeks.. I will have to sell the Z06 when I get my BW back for garage space.. If you do end up getting a car, i vote c6 z06 as long as heads are fixed. Seems like a performance bargain to me but I think they are going to start creeping up in price soon. Best of luck!

Sorry to hear about the accident and the never ending service visit. Glad you are ok and still with us. I understand the frustration with waiting for the car, I am in the same boat but for another reason. I don't think its the best idea to be buying another vehicle if you are closing on a house, unless you make a ton of money. That is the route I went and bought a c6 z06 h/c/i to hold me over til i get my 5bw back, which should be in a few weeks.. I will have to sell the Z06 when I get my BW back for garage space.. If you do end up getting a car, i vote c6 z06 as long as heads are fixed. Seems like a performance bargain to me but I think they are going to start creeping up in price soon. Best of luck!
Thanks! Sorry to hear about your car. Yeah, I don't plan on buying another car, but if I did it would be a truck. I was planning on doing so sometime after the house was done anyways. I am still keeping the 4. I just hope to get a timeline of when this part will be made.

crazy times we are living in! Seems to be no end in sight for certain items. I run a ford dealership so I live in this world it's rough sometimes. I have some trucks that are almost a year old that have a "stop sale" for a windshield wiper motor replacement and can't even order the parts per ford...

Its quite useful having a truck around, I don't think I could do without one for various reasons. Luckily I have a 2000 svt lightning that I have NO intention of getting rid of soon! Not a bad choice if you don't need much towing/payload. I see the values skyrocketing in the next few years as well!

Hope you get your car back soon.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners