Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

How to Track Your Car by RailCar Number

Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 10.45.16 AM.png

lol

That does not make sense. When I did the chat advisor, I told them I already knew it was on a train, just trying to figure our where and if the had the car number so I could track. they do have the rail car number, that's how I got mine.
Well I will have to wait till Monday because the advisor desk is closed now

"NASTY" LOL found 8 Blackwings, including mine at Tampa Rail Yards, Update EDD 8/24 just got that from Dealer 1 minute ago.

Attachments

• IMG_5403.jpg
    IMG_5403.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 121
@sandstrs does this number look correct? I wasnt able to get the automated system to work...
Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 11.17.46 AM.png

Can you assist me in what I might be doing wrong? I followed the instructions on the post. I called the number, then said "Location", Then "ETTX, then said "556273" and it didnt go through. I called back and repeated the process except for the last part where I attempted to enter the number on the keypad... nothing happened then...

@sandstrs does this number look correct? I wasnt able to get the automated system to work... View attachment 4315

Can you assist me in what I might be doing wrong? I followed the instructions on the post. I called the number, then said "Location", Then "ETTX, then said "556273" and it didnt go through. I called back and repeated the process except for the last part where I attempted to enter the number on the keypad... nothing happened then...
What rail system is your car on? Norfolk Southern?

I think the only train that runs from Michigan to St Louis (thanks google) is AMTRAK. It runs once per day ... I do not know if your car is on their train or someone like Norfolk S or something like that but AMTRAK shows:

Attachments

• AMTRAK.PNG
    AMTRAK.PNG
    581 KB · Views: 125
IF this is correct, "Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects Detroit, Michigan to St Louis, Missouri. Furthermore, there is only one train per day, so you will have to plan your travel around this limited availability. ";

then, Amtrak Track Your Train Map

I think the only train that runs from Michigan to St Louis (thanks google) is AMTRAK. It runs once per day ... I do not know if your car is on their train or someone like Norfolk S or something like that but AMTRAK shows:
yeah, the train isn't coming from Detroit, it would be coming directly from Lansing.... I am not sure that is going to help

That train line also connects Lansing/Grand River. Just a thought, as that is the only auto train that I saw connected to ST Louis.

Yeah, I am not sure it is what we are looking for since I was told by my dealer that it last showed in decatur ill, which is not on the Amtrak line.

Based on rail maps, it appears that the one rail service that would match would actually be NS... so who knows

I think it is Canadian-Pacific (e.g, the "cp" part of the rail car number). A quick search shows they have an automated number to track, but that is all I know, do not know what you have to do, but worth a try...

Automated shipment tracking:​

Phone: 1-888-999-8111

OK, I got it... It is on Norfolk Southern, and the tracing number for them is: 800-497-2919.

My railcar info was CP-556273.

Intermediate arrival, August 23rd, 4:59am Decatur Illinois.

When prompted by the automated voice I entered 2 for tracing, then entered 27(digits representing CP)#, then 556273#

Last edited:
How are you guys getting your rail car numbers?

I've tried the Cadillac virtual assistant and actually got some rather snarky/terse "assistance" today.

My dealer is a friend of mine and would likely help me out in looking it up but I don't think he knows where to look for information this detailed. He gives me my EDD when I ask him about the car.

How are you guys getting your rail car numbers?

I've tried the Cadillac virtual assistant and actually got some rather snarky/terse "assistance" today.

My dealer is a friend of mine and would likely help me out in looking it up but I don't think he knows where to look for information this detailed. He gives me my EDD when I ask him about the car.
I got mine from my dealer

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners