Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

How many of you with a 4BW or a 5BW actually took one for a test drive before buying?

FLYARMY

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I didn't even take a CT5 or CT5 -V for a test ride. I already knew what I was getting into. I also bought my 2022 Telluride without a test drive.

Attachments

• Cadillac-V-Series-Blackwing-Logo-768x492.jpg
    Cadillac-V-Series-Blackwing-Logo-768x492.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 45
I did test drive my 4BW. Got lucky when a guy backed out of his order and went with a 5BW. I happened to be there when it came off the truck. I did not test drive my 2023 C8.

I did not but I did test a ct4-v and was fairly impressed! Enough to place the order anyway. I have one in my garage but I still haven't driven it yet.

Same here. Walked into the dealer. Gave my color and specs. Signed a piece of paper and left no $deposit.
9 months later , GM delivered a bouncing 4138 pound baby boy !

Bought it on line. No test drive, drove it home for 3hrs learning my new 5BW while I drove. Did the same for my 22 GMC AT4.

I honestly don’t remember the last time I test drove a vehicle before ordering one or doing a deal over the phone/email. They usually haven’t been released as of the time order is placed. It’s been quite a few vehicles ago. Only one instance I was disappointed (‘15 Yukon XL Denali).

nope, nothing available. Bought (3) GT500's, 2 Vipers and 1 Porsche all without even sitting in the cars.

Back in January 22 I was randomly surfing and saw the car in a YouTube video. I think I spent the rest of the day reading articles and watching videos. That was all it took, then I immediately started calling dealers in Arizona. Took delivery in June. This was the first car I bought without seeing one in the flesh (or sheet metal I suppose). I quickly found out that it would be nearly impossible to see one and no dealer was going to let me drive someone else’s sold vehicle. But it didn’t matter, I learned everything I needed to from YouTube.

... I learned everything I needed to from YouTube.
Today's resources are quite amazing/useful. Though, applying this in generalities, this could be the motto of a generation, LOL.

Vehicles I've purchased without a test drive:
  • 2014 Jaguar F-Type V8-S
  • 2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat WB
  • 2022 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD ADVANCED+
  • 2023 Corvette Stingray HTC
  • 2023 5BW 6MT
Between all the different vehicles I've driven over the years & either driven or been a px in on the track, I feel I've got a pretty good idea of what I'm in for. I also research the crap out of every single vehicle I've purchased. With so much information on the Internet between videos & automotive press & even forums like this, one can get a very good idea of what a particular vehicle is going to be like.

I have yet to have Buyer's Remorse -- but have had Seller's Remorse. If I could have maintained her properly, I would have kept the Jag. But with 137k on the odo, she was due for a complete suspension replacement & supercharger overhaul -- easily a +$15k hit when she was only worth $18k. When I traded in the Hellcat for the Corvette in anticipation that I'd be getting the 5BW soon AND bc used car prices were still crazy high (even with 32k on the odo, the delta on purchase vs trade-in was $8k on the HC), it was the longest 3 months I've ever had to endure. The longer I waited, for the 5BW, the more I wish I had just kept the HC until the 5BW arrived. But now that I have the 5BW, I know it was the right decision to trade in the HC when I did bc I wouldn't have gotten nearly as much for her now.

I ordered mine before ever seeing one, but was still offered (and took) a test drive before signing the papers. It helps that I loved my 2012 V-Wagon. About 2 minutes in I felt right at home, and I knew I'd made the right decision!

No test drive here, but as others have said myriad external data points to lean, plus my recent experience with GM and Alpha I chassis I knew it would be a good fit for me. I'm almost never shopping for type of vehicle, I know exactly what I want, its just a matter of finding the right deal.

Ordered 2021 C8 with no test drive. Test drove CT4V BW and knew it wasn't enough. Ordered CT5V BW without test drive. Will get my car on Monday for that first drive. Can't wait!

Vehicles I've purchased without a test drive:
  • 2014 Jaguar F-Type V8-S
  • 2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat WB
  • 2022 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD ADVANCED+
  • 2023 Corvette Stingray HTC
  • 2023 5BW 6MT
I suppose if you don’t keep a car long there is not much risk in making a bad purchase decision. I like to keep a vehicle for 8-10 years. I did ditch my 2019 AMG after 3 years for the 5BW because it’s a very unique offering in today’s market, the V8 and 6M were the big draws for me. I knew the interior would be a step down from my AMG, but have zero regrets.

I found 1 to test drive, it was an hour away from me. Went out there and as the salesman was handing me the keys, he asked "would you mind just driving it around the parking lot?". The car only had 12 miles on it.
I said, NO, we are going on the road. He got in the car and I ran thru the gears, around town for 30 minutes or so.
I ended up ordering one from my local dealer.

No test drive... figured I loved my ss sedans... and this would be even better.

I did sit in and took a ct5v on a short jaunt just to make sure it would be big enough and comfortable for me... but still have room for my kids behind me (6'4" 225lbs... but am all legs). I remember making sure it had a thigh extender (the v did not) and j hoping (plus having the dealership assure me) that the interior was a significant step up from the v (so glad that it is).

P.S. I know of someone who should have taken one for a test drive before purchase🤔😉😇

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back