Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

How many of you with a 4BW or a 5BW actually took one for a test drive before buying?

I test-drove a CT4 and 5 V and C8 before ordering my 4BW.

I can't afford the first one let alone the "really" interesting stuff.....The wife will get one, but I'm still on the fence because I will have to get rid of the 5BW and I'm not 100% sure yet..
Just sell some of your Rolex watches. You won’t be needing them with a Porsche anyway, it’s far too cliché.

Just sell some of your Rolex watches. You won’t be needing them with a Porsche anyway, it’s far too cliché.
But I want to be like you guys and have both... Oh, I got the call this weekend that my next watch came in.... I had to purchase it over the phone because I was in the middle of washing my DIRTY 4BW......

I drove the Dealership owners 5BW shortly after my allocation was finalized. He had no issues with it. I suppose it all comes down to what is available and who is willing.

The test drive is what sold me on upgrading from my ATS-V 6MT sedan. I was not wild about the 4V BW styling at all, and that’s being kind. I know there are lots of opinions out there - all correct - but to my eyes the ATS-V sedan is one of the best looking cars made in the last 20 years and the 4V BW is a big step backwards. But when I read the glowing reviews of the 4V BW driving dynamics I started thinking “Well you spend more time INSIDE the car than you do looking at it from the outside. And the 4V BW interior is MUCH nicer than the ATS-V. Then I went to a big dealer about 90 minutes away that had a stripper manual on the lot. They knew I wasn’t a poseur when I drove up in my ATS-V so they let me drive it. I was prepared for it to be a little better than my ATS-V but it was on an entirely different level, I think primarily because of the next generation of magnetic ride control. Within 5 minutes I was sold. I took my ATS-V over the same test loop immediately after and the back-to-back comparison only made me more certain that the 4V BW was worth it. I came back 2 weeks later and left my deposit, but ultimately ended up going with Dustin at Sewell due to the usual dealer shenanigans that are well documented on this forum. It took a year from that first drive but my Midnight Steel car was built last week. Now the next big wait starts……

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back