Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

How many of you with a 4BW or a 5BW actually took one for a test drive before buying?

Its like banging a supermodel. After while, you get sick of it and want something else. That's why you see such a high turnover in celebrity marriages and dating. The Kardashians have huge "depreciation" !

Its like banging a supermodel. After while, you get sick of it and want something else. That's why you see such a high turnover in celebrity marriages and dating. The Kardashians have huge "depreciation" !
No matter how hot she is, someone is sick of her..

To the OP, I wasn't aware test drives were an option. To this day I could count on one hand all the BW's I've seen in person. My first time seeing one was my delivery day.

Do tell. What are you looking to replace them with?
I'm looking at Porsche Panamera if I can find/order one I can afford (maybe pre-owner)........ Right now its just a thought....I'm still a little upset with Cadillac......... With me sometimes the smallest/stupidest thing can turn me on a brand/product..... I've always said, Jesus Christ forgives not Steve

I'm looking at Porsche Panamera if I can find/order one I can afford (maybe pre-owner)........ Right now its just a thought....I'm still a little upset with Cadillac......... With me sometimes the smallest/stupidest thing can turn me on a brand/product..... I've always said, Jesus Christ forgives not Steve
Just be lucky you don’t have my dealer, the only one in town, with the worst CS and mechanics I’ve ever had to deal with on a vehicle. It’s impossible to get them on the phone and the only way I can get anything done is to drive 50m across town and see them in person. I’ve spent way too much time dealing with them. Love the car, hate the dealer. The local Mercedes and Audi/Porsche dealers are so much better.

Just be lucky you don’t have my dealer, the only one in town, with the worst CS and mechanics I’ve ever had to deal with on a vehicle. It’s impossible to get them on the phone and the only way I can get anything done is to drive 50m across town and see them in person. I’ve spent way too much time dealing with them. Love the car, hate the dealer. The local Mercedes and Audi/Porsche dealers are so much better.
I don't know about service yet but sales have been good so far...... Wife will get a Macan at the end of the year..... Ive been looking at the Panamera GTS Sport Turismo.... Expense car for my pocketbook...

Last edited:
I don't know about service yet but sales have been good so far...... Wife will gat a Macan at the end of the year..... Ive been looking at the Panamera GTS Sport Turismo.... Expense car for my pocketbook...
that would also mean no more stick shift.....

I don't know about service yet but sales have been good so far...... Wife will get a Macan at the end of the year..... Ive been looking at the Panamera GTS Sport Turismo.... Expense car for my pocketbook...
I’m scared to have service done at my dealer. I do all my own fluid changes.

Here’s one example and I could list several more. I had a damaged CF center console piece on delivery and it took me multiple trips to the dealer and 7 months to get some marginal satisfaction. The first replacement they damaged installing. I think they also broke some tabs on the attachment as this second one doesn’t fit quite right. I’m going to take it apart myself and figure out what’s going on.

Last edited:
Unfortunately never had a change to test drive a 4 or 5 Blackwing as the dealerships were not allowing this. Couldn't even test drive the 2022 BMW M3 I was cross shopping either, and I was a current BMW owner! Ended up with the 4BW after watching numerous video reviews and reading magazine reviews. This the first and only time I've bought a car sight unseen/undriven, definitely a scary purchase for at this price range for sure.

Very happy with my decision.

I think it’s time to vote tall Steve off the island
Without me:
Blah Blah Blah Reaction GIF

With me:
Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

Like me or not I serve a purpose, hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Bill Murray King GIF

Melo Hello GIF by flanderscompany

Yep. Test drove my 4V BW (manual) yesterday and then immediately bought it. When I left, it had 7 miles on it.

It showed up the day before and I got lucky that I found it and called first to make an appointment.

They held it for me (which I appreciated, but found crazy)… and 9 other people called that morning about it. I’m the only person to have driven the vehicle. Pretty cool, IMO, for not ordering the car myself.

Test drove a 4BW and went into the dealer and politely declined the 20k ADM that they tried to sell me as a good deal. That included a supporting story about a buyer who got an Escalade with a 40k ADM, which was resold for a profit so "its totally worth it."

Found one a few days later at another local dealer, configured exactly how I wanted (including CF) on their floor. Offered 3k over MSRP and had the new ride!

Last edited:
In a normal world I would never consider buying a car without test driving it, doesn’t matter if it’s new or used. I actually enjoy the whole process. This is the first and hopefully last time I ever buy a car sight unseen. It does help build anticipation of actually receiving the thing though…

I test drove an automatic 4VBW at a local Boston dealer -- there are a bunch of automatics on lots in the area. Then found a stick w/ a minimal option package (seats/sunroof) coming into a dealer in Hartford so put a deposit on that.

Porsche sales and service is another level but you're gonna miss the V8 and the manual! PDK is a fun gearbox for a few months but then... blah...

That being said, Porsche is exactly like Rolex. After you've taken delivery of your loaded Macan and Panamera GTS, you're going to be qualified to buy the really interesting stuff!

Porsche sales and service is another level but you're gonna miss the V8 and the manual! PDK is a fun gearbox for a few months but then... blah...

That being said, Porsche is exactly like Rolex. After you've taken delivery of your loaded Macan and Panamera GTS, you're going to be qualified to buy the really interesting stuff!
I can't afford the first one let alone the "really" interesting stuff.....The wife will get one, but I'm still on the fence because I will have to get rid of the 5BW and I'm not 100% sure yet..

I did not take a test drive…. I did however get a ride in a 5. Buddy pulled up, I made sure a car seat fit behind the driver seat comfortably and that I fit with a helmet on. Got back from a quick ride and listed my Camaro for sale the next day lol.

Had an ATS V so didn’t need to

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners