Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

How many have cancelled or thinking of cancelling their order?

Hi
Probably a bit of a downer post , ...but due to the current situation (stock market crapping out, higher interest rates, high gas prices, long waits to get the car etc) how many have cancelled their orders or thinking of cancelling? I know the situation and decision making triggers have changed for some people (potentially myself) due to the factors mentioned above, and the situation is very fluid right now (fed may raise rates by another 750 basis points). Only issue is I ended up selling my current daily (Golf R) faster than I thought.
I'm holding on for now - just. Hang in there if you can I think it will be worth it in the end. BTW, where did you sell your Golf? I am trying to sell my S2K. Thx!

I mean interest rates may be going up but im still finding car loans at less than 2.5% for 72 months. They might be getting more stringent on who they approve but they're still less than 3%. With the way the inflation rate is right now, thats still free money.
Can you please share where you found such great rates? I'm in the market (assuming my TPW of 6/20 holds)...thx!

My car's built but its in Goatland for the moment. I see no reason to cancel. Even if I changed my mind, I imagine I can drive it for free for awhile and probably flip it and break even or make a profit.

I got 3.39% for 72 months. I put $25K down on my CT4V BW between my trade-in and cash. I am supposed to buy a new house at the end of this year that I locked in last June, so I wanted to keep my debt-to-income at a good level. I got lucky and my rate was not marked up by the dealer. I am hoping the BWs hold their value well. I am glad I got a 2022 with the CF packages before they went up. I plan on keeping the car for awhile though, so it doesn't really matter.

With these mortgage rates, I may just do a double close at this point and take the profits on the house. The other option is to live in it for two years so I avoid the capital gains taxes. Time will tell. 3% to now 6% rates make a big difference on an expensive house. A house without a garage mind you lol. The Nashville market is wild. There's a lot of cash buyers and not much as far as supply goes though, so I do not see it cooling off as much as other areas.

the rodeo is just as bad if not worse with RS cars (at least the RS6/7). audi won't build a car unless all the parts are there and ready. they get many of their wire harnesses from ukraine. they had a boat with a ton of cars on it catch fire and sink. i think there were only 600 or so rs6 cars built for 2022 after having 2-3 times that amount built in 2021. they also raised the MSRP several times MID YEAR!

there's only been a handful of allocations handed out since january and NO allocations for ANY cars (not just RS) were given to any dealer from september to january.
Yes, Audi is not immune to the supply issues, etc. Since they're tuning over production now for the 23's, my dealer feels my order should be picked up soon with delivery around the 1st of the year. Certainly, much better than if I would've gone with an RS5 which is more than 12 months out.

Getting tired of my AMG so something to look forward to :beer

Listed for $32.5k and sold for $32k...sold faster than I thought.
Awesome! Where did you advertise it - FB Marketplace, Craigslist, Auto Trader...?

Awesome! Where did you advertise it - FB Marketplace, Craigslist, Auto Trader...?
I put it on FB Marketplace and vwvortex initially and of course got low balled by the VW kids 😁...was about to put it on Autotrader when someone I knew from a local car group came and saw the car and bought it. Car had low miles and extended Fidelity platinum warranty was included along with a bunch of other stuff

I'd like to know as well. Just applied through Penfed, whom I though had pretty good rates, and was quoted 3.44 for 72, that's with 836 score.
I think that is a decent rate for today. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was above 4% very soon. Although, for myself I wouldn’t do anything over 60 months.

I put it on FB Marketplace and vwvortex initially and of course got low balled by the VW kids 😁...was about to put it on Autotrader when someone I knew from a local car group came and saw the car and bought it. Car had low miles and extended Fidelity platinum warranty was included along with a bunch of other stuff
Thank you!

I've thought about. Initially my plan was a 3 car garage setup with my C7 Z06, a 5BW and a winter car (Civic Si or Elantra N).

However I don't love the idea of 3 cars since I'd have to do a lot of juggling to get them out of the driveway and I don't drive a lot so 3 cars seems excessive for me.

In the meantime I've been looking for an alternative to a 5BW and a third car. Toss in the massive '23 price increase and uncertainty of a luxury tax being implemented here in Canada I've been very much on the fence.

I found a Porsche 911 C4S manual in the meantime to use as my second car/winter car since even if I get an allocation for a 5BW (I'm first for a '23) I wouldn't see this car for a 10-12 months anyway.

For now I'll keep my spot and decide when the allocation is given to me what I'll do, get the 5BW with a 3 car setup or stick with Z06+911.

I've thought about. Initially my plan was a 3 car garage setup with my C7 Z06, a 5BW and a winter car (Civic Si or Elantra N).

However I don't love the idea of 3 cars since I'd have to do a lot of juggling to get them out of the driveway and I don't drive a lot so 3 cars seems excessive for me.

In the meantime I've been looking for an alternative to a 5BW and a third car. Toss in the massive '23 price increase and uncertainty of a luxury tax being implemented here in Canada I've been very much on the fence.

I found a Porsche 911 C4S manual in the meantime to use as my second car/winter car since even if I get an allocation for a 5BW (I'm first for a '23) I wouldn't see this car for a 10-12 months anyway.

For now I'll keep my spot and decide when the allocation is given to me what I'll do, get the 5BW with a 3 car setup or stick with Z06+911.
If I was in your shoes, I'd go for a 3-car setup with the third being an AWD wagon like a V90 or E-class. Something that is unfazed by snow and can carry people/stuff if necessary. If you want a manual make it a TDI Sportwagen or older A4 Avant.

If I was in your shoes, I'd go for a 3-car setup with the third being an AWD wagon like a V90 or E-class. Something that is unfazed by snow and can carry people/stuff if necessary. If you want a manual make it a TDI Sportwagen or older A4 Avant.
Yep.

I am pretty stoked by my 3car(for myself) setup.

Nearly overpowered 2 seat Roadster
Sleeperish station wagon
Sedan with power, the Blackwing

Yep.

I am pretty stoked by my 3car(for myself) setup.

Nearly overpowered 2 seat Roadster
Sleeperish station wagon
Sedan with power, the Blackwing
Similar for me:
S2000 for topless backroad shenanigans
Blackwing for a no-excuses daily driver
Odyssey Touring Elite for roadtrips/cargo/tailgating/back seat Nintendo
i3 (soon to be Tesla) for wife's DD/high gas price buster

The only thing missing is the car I sold recently, a 1966 GTO for hydrocarbon-fuelled nostalgia and car shows

To sum up, more cars = better, even if you have to do some garage musical chairs every so often. (y)

You guys need less cars and more motorcycles. Plus you can fit 4 bikes in a stall compared to 1 car.
Solid logic, however I'm an engineer and I deal all day with factors of safety....and there really are none on a motorcycle. Which is a long way of saying I'm too much of a wuss to own a bike.

Solid logic, however I'm an engineer and I deal all day with factors of safety....and there really are none on a motorcycle. Which is a long way of saying I'm too much of a wuss to own a bike.
I grew up around bikes and three siblings and a father all rode them. Every single one of them wound up injured at some point from the fault of others. I live in too populated an area. If I lived in like Montana, sure, I would have a motorcyle.

Trying to stay positive, but I have not fully ruled out canceling at this point. My EDD was pushed back again this week to 7/15. The car has been built since 1/25 and I am a little turned off by the thought of the blackwing sitting for almost 6 months. Since ordering over a year ago I picked up a C8 convertible and a Model S. Had the C8 for about three months and I quickly learned the Vette was not for me. That being said I am actually really enjoying the Model S (flame away for the electric praise). Like I said....trying to stay positive, but I kind of feel like my want/need has changed over the course of a year. I am sure all this will be out the window as soon as I see it, but we'll see.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back