Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

How many have cancelled or thinking of cancelling their order?

Ergoc5

Seasoned Member
Hi
Probably a bit of a downer post , ...but due to the current situation (stock market crapping out, higher interest rates, high gas prices, long waits to get the car etc) how many have cancelled their orders or thinking of cancelling? I know the situation and decision making triggers have changed for some people (potentially myself) due to the factors mentioned above, and the situation is very fluid right now (fed may raise rates by another 750 basis points). Only issue is I ended up selling my current daily (Golf R) faster than I thought.

The current market conditions for 'special' cars is unprecedented.

Even if demand were cut by half, supply chain issues are still so significant that even with liquidity contraction caused by financial market losses all it will do is reduce the waiting lists and premiums for these cars, not eliminate them. At least until there is a confluence of both economic losses and a return to ordinary supply.

Not only that, but the market is pricing a LOT of downside due to oil prices, inflation, ongoing covid concerns, wars, and a bunch of other things. However, despite the market volatility, the US has very low unemployment and wages have also been going up, so there is a real chance that there won't be a recession. I'm not in the business of predicting anything, and some people have lost a lot of money over the last few months which will inevitably impact their discretionary purchase decisions, but there's also still a lot of money floating around looking to be spent ... at least for now.

Yeah it does look like the specialty car market is alive and kicking....look at all the crazy stuff on BAT. Maybe people are parking their money in these cars (where is the alternative nowadays) and enjoying a tangible asset they can have fun with. It's the confluence of factors that will potentially affect my decision. If the car had been delivered just a couple of months ago then it would have been a no brainer but I am in the built but delayed purgatory indefinitely and that will certainly impact my decision moving forward.

As long as my 22 is delivered I’ll buy it. But if something happens to the order/shipping/delivery I will not go back on the list for a 23.
Instead I’ll order a well optioned C8 2LT with MRC.

The thunder has certainly sizzled out for me which has nothing to do with what the O/P stated. It's the 12 months wait and no allocation that's doing it. I did, however, place a '23 order.

At this time, I'm still on the fence if I still want the 5BW. I literally just placed an order for an S5 Sportback to replace my D/D. And at one point was going to order an RS and just say the hell with the BW until I found out that's at least 12 months away from delivery.

The saga continues....

fed may raise rates by another 750 basis points

I just ran that through an auto loan calculator, since I'll have to finance part of this purchase. That interest rate scenario would suck a little bit, but would not dissuade me.

What would make me have second thoughts would be if my car were built and sat in the Hell Lot for 4 months, with the leather being blasted by the sun and the engine slowly rusting away internally. As someone asked in another thread discussing the delivery delays: "At what point does it become a 'used' car?"

I just ran that through an auto loan calculator, since I'll have to finance part of this purchase. That interest rate scenario would suck a little bit, but would not dissuade me.

What would make me have second thoughts would be if my car were built and sat in the Hell Lot for 4 months, with the leather being blasted by the sun and the engine slowly rusting away internally. As someone asked in another thread discussing the delivery delays: "At what point does it become a 'used' car?"
Yeah I think someone just cancelled their order on a black car that had been sitting in the "holding pen" since Jan

As long as my 22 is delivered I’ll buy it. But if something happens to the order/shipping/delivery I will not go back on the list for a 23.
Instead I’ll order a well optioned C8 2LT with MRC.
The more I look at the C8 the less I like the styling.. that being said I think it's definitely a worthwhile car to drive and I put my name on a local-ish Z06 list just in case my name ever gets called there. #26
The thunder has certainly sizzled out for me which has nothing to do with what the O/P stated. It's the 12 months wait and no allocation that's doing it. I did, however, place a '23 order.

At this time, I'm still on the fence if I still want the 5BW. I literally just placed an order for an S5 Sportback to replace my D/D. And at one point was going to order an RS and just say the hell with the BW until I found out that's at least 12 months away from delivery.

The saga continues....
I love the S5 Sportback. I still want one as a daily. Audi definitely does a great mix of performance, comfort, and luxury.

The saga continues....
the rodeo is just as bad if not worse with RS cars (at least the RS6/7). audi won't build a car unless all the parts are there and ready. they get many of their wire harnesses from ukraine. they had a boat with a ton of cars on it catch fire and sink. i think there were only 600 or so rs6 cars built for 2022 after having 2-3 times that amount built in 2021. they also raised the MSRP several times MID YEAR!

there's only been a handful of allocations handed out since january and NO allocations for ANY cars (not just RS) were given to any dealer from september to january.

Resubmitted for 2023, and most likely looking at 12 months, if I get one at all. If I had a 5BW coming to me right now I would give serious thought to declining the purchase. This is going to sound blasphemous, but I’m actually relieved that my order didn’t get picked up for 2022. My financial position is not as robust as when I first ordered the 2022. That and I have some home improvement projects in the planning phase.

The market will eventually make a recovery and I’ll reevaluate the situation when the time comes to take delivery (in 2023?).

I cancelled my 5 and bought a 4. If I wasn't so stubborn about the carbon, I'd probably have my 5 by now, but the heart wants what the heart wants. I knew it wasn't going to get built for 2022 anyway. Really like my 4 and looking forward to taking some trips. I don't plan on doing anything until 2024.

Honestly, my 5 in a 2023 would have gone up $12-13K. That alone makes me pause. Who knows where 2024 prices will be, and that may make my decision for me. Plus, I really like the Escalade V, speaking of crazy money.

Resubmitted for 2023, and most likely looking at 12 months, if I get one at all. If I had a 5BW coming to me right now I would give serious thought to declining the purchase. This is going to sound blasphemous, but I’m actually relieved that my order didn’t get picked up for 2022. My financial position is not as robust as when I first ordered the 2022. That and I have some home improvement projects in the planning phase.

The market will eventually make a recovery and I’ll reevaluate the situation when the time comes to take delivery (in 2023?).
My situation as well. In the 6 months since I placed my order, the '23 price went up by $7k, gas thru the roof, interest rates way up, and my investments (I have a "car fund" that is more aggressively invested = bigger losses) are in the tank.

Still intend to purchase it, but instead of being antsy to get it now I'm more than happy to let GM take its time to build it. Although logically sooner = better interest rates, and my investments will have some time to recover, right now it just doesn't feel that prudent to get a $100k gas guzzler. But it helps that values of the BW as well as the CTR that would be my trade-in remain quite high.

My situation as well. In the 6 months since I placed my order, the '23 price went up by $7k, gas thru the roof, interest rates way up, and my investments (I have a "car fund" that is more aggressively invested = bigger losses) are in the tank.

Still intend to purchase it, but instead of being antsy to get it now I'm more than happy to let GM take its time to build it. Although logically sooner = better interest rates, and my investments will have some time to recover, right now it just doesn't feel that prudent to get a $100k gas guzzler. But it helps that values of the BW as well as the CTR that would be my trade-in remain quite high.
My car fund lost 20k from the time I placed my order. I decided to cash the vast majority of it out while I was still ahead. Good thing, as the market has continued tanking since then.

If we get a recession, which is nearly certain, just the depth is the wildcard, I may completely change directions. Use the 5BW funds to buy a Sprinter camper 4x4. The last recession I bought a boat dirt cheap. So I'm thinking maybe the same thing will happen in the RV market. Good to keep all my options open.

I mean interest rates may be going up but im still finding car loans at less than 2.5% for 72 months. They might be getting more stringent on who they approve but they're still less than 3%. With the way the inflation rate is right now, thats still free money.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back