Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

How is the paint on recent 2023 deliveries?

Picked mine up Friday. It was built the week of 12/12, so I didn't sit in the lot of doom long.

Paint on mine is as good as I have ever had from a GM product. Very little orange peel. The paint on my 2017 Camaro and 2012 Corvette was covered with Peel, so I am glad to see they have solved that one.

I will be doing a one-step polish later this week. If I find anything egregious, I'll post it.

FWIW My CT5CBW was built in December 2022 and delivered in Jan 2023. There were minimal scratches so thats good, however I will not that the clear coat seems to be quite soft as just wiping a spot without a smooth shammy can cause a light scratch so maybe it needs more time to cure?

In taking delivery of my car the Sales Mgr told be the major reason for all these cars that were delayed was due to GM's QA process. It seems they build these cars, then ship them to a yard to goto final destination. Then QA finds an issue with wheel wells, or carpets to short, or something is missing, causing the shipped cars to have to return back to the factory (shipped again) for correction which of course is fighting with production delivery schedules in order to correct and then shipped to the yard again. Very inefficient system. So dealing with transportation companies several times and sitting in the out doors for months on end played a large role in the scratches I'm sure.

You would think a company that's been making cars for over 100 years would have figured this out by now ;-)

Built in Nov22, Delivery late Jan23. Rift with no clear imperfections. I'll report back when my Ceramic guy takes a look but otherwise paint looked pristine. The sales guy patiently waited as I shined a high lumen flashlight against all the exterior body panels of the car looking for micro-abrasions.

Maybe if you’re driving an Audi S4. Great engine BTW.
Oh shit, after reading this I need to call the dealer. I think my S5 S/B has arrived. With Port add on's, only 5 weeks to cross the pond and get to NY.

In taking delivery of my car the Sales Mgr told be the major reason for all these cars that were delayed was due to GM's QA process. It seems they build these cars, then ship them to a yard to goto final destination. Then QA finds an issue with wheel wells, or carpets to short, or something is missing, causing the shipped cars to have to return back to the factory (shipped again) for correction which of course is fighting with production delivery schedules in order to correct and then shipped to the yard again. Very inefficient system. So dealing with transportation companies several times and sitting in the out doors for months on end played a large role in the scratches I'm sure.

You would think a company that's been making cars for over 100 years would have figured this out by now ;-)

If true, that's one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in a long time. Pure GM. Let it sit outside, find a problem, back to plant, then let it sit outside for longer, possibly causing more problems. Worst part is: They don't come close to finding all the problems. Lots of threads about the paint lately, but don't forget the atrocious body panel alignment. I guess we'll have to add GM QA inspector to the list of jobs used as joke punchlines, like the guy who installs turn signals on BMWs

Damn, it's fun to drive, though!!!

Built in Nov22, Delivery late Jan23. Rift with no clear imperfections. I'll report back when my Ceramic guy takes a look but otherwise paint looked pristine. The sales guy patiently waited as I shined a high lumen flashlight against all the exterior body panels of the car looking for micro-abrasions.
Glad to here that the cars that get de

Let's try that again. Glad the cars that sit a short time are in good shape. It's the 4-8 month lot queens that I worry about.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back