Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

How honest is Sewell Cadillac Dallas?

668LT4

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I bought my car in early May. Dustin sent the papers, I signed and sent the wire transfer. I just received an unexpected refund check. Apparently, $223 was over-collected for title fees in my state. Everything looked correct when I signed. I would have never known the difference if they kept the extra money.

Thank you Sewell and Dustin. You had already gained a life customer even though I am in a different state. It's not really viable to drive 800+ miles for oil changes and stuff, but in a Blackwing... maybe it's worth it :Steer

I used Sewell of Grapevine and had a great experience. The way my sales person explained the philosophy of Sewell certainly felt like they want people to come back over and over again and their policies encourage returns. Glad it worked out for you.

I bought my car in early May. Dustin sent the papers, I signed and sent the wire transfer. I just received an unexpected refund check. Apparently, $223 was over-collected for title fees in my state. Everything looked correct when I signed. I would have never known the difference if they kept the extra money.

Thank you Sewell and Dustin. You had already gained a life customer even though I am in a different state. It's not really viable to drive 800+ miles for oil changes and stuff, but in a Blackwing... maybe it's worth it :Steer
I got a check like that from them, also (not as much). The out of state tax figuring appears to be their best estimate.

That's awesome.

Sewell Houston can learn a thing or two from their sister dealership. Even though I bought a CT4-BW from them, they are the second most unresponsive dealership that I have ever worked with.

That's awesome.

Sewell Houston can learn a thing or two from their sister dealership. Even though I bought a CT4-BW from them, they are the second most unresponsive dealership that I have ever worked with.
Crazy because every dealership calls AND emails me once a day for 2 months even when I never answer.

A company pocketing government money belonging to another person would get them in big legal and criminal trouble if done regularly. Dealers get away with a lot of shenanigans, but not that.

That's awesome.

I have to disagree on that one...EVERY person that I have dealt with at Sewell/Houston has been top notch. They have gone out of their way to make sure I was satisfied with my buying experience. I would heartily recommend them to anyone.

Everybody knows I'm a Sewell fan boy and have always been treated well through the years... I purchased my first Lexus back in 86 I think and have purchased 18 other vehicles from the Sewell family of dealers since then. I have purchased 2 company trucks through Sewell also...

I've never met Carl Sewell but understand he is a great guy. Here is a cool article about his philosophy

That's a real nice and unusual dealership :) I had to point out some discrepancies with my dealer after going over the Bill of Sale with a toothcomb. I found out that they over charged me by $308 ...not a big deal but it's the small things. I did not even ask for a refund, I just wanted an accurate bill of sale.

I also tried to speak with (sent email) with the service manager about some of the basic PDI that was not done and no response to the email for more than a week now. I ended up doing the PDI bits myself :)

Sewell and Dustin are awesome but I think an outlier

Sewell and Dustin are awesome but I think an outlier

Two dollar word of the day! Well said..

Definition of outliers. An outlier is an observation that lies an abnormal distance from other values in a random sample from a population. In a sense, this definition leaves it up to the analyst (or a consensus process) to decide what will be considered abnormal.

Two dollar word of the day! Well said..

Definition of outliers. An outlier is an observation that lies an abnormal distance from other values in a random sample from a population. In a sense, this definition leaves it up to the analyst (or a consensus process) to decide what will be considered abnormal.
And Dustin and Sewell are more than 2 std deviations away from the norm :)... and I mean on the right side of the curve

I read the thread title and got my popcorn ready... what am I going to do with all this popcorn??

Looking forward to the same experience with my order.

If anyone is in the market for a BMW, I actually had a great experience with Newbold BMW in the Chicago area. In 2016 they had a 2011 M3 in amazing spec (manual sedan, Competition Pkg, white/red, upgraded stereo but manual seats and no sunroof... serious unicorn) and we sorted out a deal quite easily and they shipped it to me in the Bay Area.

Once I get the car, I realize it didn't have the Convenience Pkg as advertised (mainly keyless go and an alarm - it did have some a la carte options from that package, so seemed like an honest mistake). They offered to buy it back and reimburse me for all the shipping, I countered with a $1,500 refund, and they accepted with zero issue. Pretty good for a dealer that knows I'm across the country.

LOVE Sewell, but them refunding an overpayment of statutory amounts collected is required under state law. So, I wouldn't exactly use that as a reference example of how awesome Sewell is. :D

They are awesome in 20 different other ways though. Got my CT5BW almost a year ago from Grapevine and they rock.

I have to disagree on that one...EVERY person that I have dealt with at Sewell/Houston has been top notch. They have gone out of their way to make sure I was satisfied with my buying experience. I would heartily recommend them to anyone.
My experience of buying from them was great but since then they haven't been very responsive when I reached out to them for ordering CT5-BW or any of the special editions. That's I ended up ordering by CT5-BW from Dustin instead of local dealership.

LOVE Sewell, but them refunding an overpayment of statutory amounts collected is required under state law. So, I wouldn't exactly use that as a reference example of how awesome Sewell is. :D

They are awesome in 20 different other ways though. Got my CT5BW almost a year ago from Grapevine and they rock.
Have to agree that 99% of dealers don’t conduct criminal operations. But, there are a 100 other ways to overcharge the customers without resorting to crime. Even, the best dealers do some of them, they just use plenty of lube so you barely notice.

So, are you saying texas state law also applies to overpayments for car purchases by non-texas residents??

Anyone got contact info for Sewell? I've messaged @1StunnaV and emailed him, but no response.

Today makes it a week since I tried to contact him.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back