Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

How honest is Sewell Cadillac Dallas?

He is busy AF and sometimes takes a little time to get back to you.... I'm his favorite customer (not really) and it takes him time to get back with little old me and I'm kind of a big deal!

I've callled, emailed and visited about a dozen dealers trying to find a 5BW and no luck. Next time you talk to him, let him know he seems to be my only hope of getting a 5BW. One could say he's my Obi-wan Kenobi.

I've callled, emailed and visited about a dozen dealers trying to find a 5BW and no luck. Next time you talk to him, let him know he seems to be my only hope of getting a 5BW. One could say he's my Obi-wan Kenobi.
Are you in Texas? If you are not I think they are still not excepting out of state orders... I could be wrong but don't think so.. I say give him time and he will get back to you....He gets a lot of calls and emails daily and it takes him some time to respond to everyone...

If by trying to find you mean ordering one and no one will take your order?

Are you in Texas? If you are not I think they are still not excepting out of state orders... I could be wrong but don't think so.. I say give him time and he will get back to you....He gets a lot of calls and emails daily and it takes him some time to respond to everyone...

I mean, I can be in Texas. :boogie

If by trying to find you mean ordering one and no one will take your order?

Yeah, ordering one. I've had a couple dealers refuse to take my order because I'm from out of state. A couple flat refuse because they don't have an allocations and aren't going to get any. Several that were willing but wanted an extra 20k - 30k. And my favorite: the dealer that's literally down the street from me wanted me to finance with them AND have a trade-in. I asked if I could buy a '92 Geo Metro for $500 and trade that in. They said no, it had to be worth a certain amount.

At this point, the FOMO is wearing off and I've already got an LT4 powered monster in my garage to keep my happy. If I can get a 5BW, great. If not I'll have to make due with my Z06.

Yeah, ordering one. I've had a couple dealers refuse to take my order because I'm from out of state. A couple flat refuse because they don't have an allocations and aren't going to get any. Several that were willing but wanted an extra 20k - 30k. And my favorite: the dealer that's literally down the street from me wanted me to finance with them AND have a trade-in. I asked if I could buy a '92 Geo Metro for $500 and trade that in. They said no, it had to be worth a certain amount.

At this point, the FOMO is wearing off and I've already got an LT4 powered monster in my garage to keep my happy. If I can get a 5BW, great. If not I'll have to make due with my Z06.
I'm not sure if Sewell is taking out of state orders again but if they are @1StunnaV is your man....

That was my mentality as well. It’s just a car, and if it works out, fine, if not life goes on. I called three dealers in my state as I didn’t want to get into the out-of-state hassle (I had a trade-in and didn’t want to lose leverage). Two had an ADM, that I told them that wouldn’t work for me. - Call me back with MSRP and we’ll talk, I said.

The local dealer was MSRP, but only got around 6 5BW allocations for 2022. Ordered from them in mid-February of this year and got my car a week ago. Actually, not quite my car, another one that was built in May as an show/event car. It had the CCBs and CF seats that I originally didn’t order. I’m actually kinda glad now how it worked out. I think the reduced unsprung mass of the rotors is worth it.

I have another slot for a 2023 5BW and this time I will roll the dice and try to get the CF1.

Last edited:
I think the reduced unsprung mass of the rotors is worth it.
I find this is something about CC brakes that isn't talked about nearly enough. 50+lbs of unsprung, rotating mass is HUGE. Would love to see someone do a simple comparison test of various performance stats (accel, braking, handling esp. over rougher pavement) as well as measuring ride comfort.

I hope that dealer down the street from you is giving discounts or at least MSRP.. but I'm betting they wanna screw people with ADM, screw them on a trade and screw them on the rate. Honestly looking forward to Manufacturer direct sales

I find this is something about CC brakes that isn't talked about nearly enough. 50+lbs of unsprung, rotating mass is HUGE. Would love to see someone do a simple comparison test of various performance stats (accel, braking, handling esp. over rougher pavement) as well as measuring ride comfort.
Probably not for everybody, especially for a lot of track use, unless one has money flying out of the cupboards. For street use, I think they are a good option for brake dust and handling. I've also read that 0-60 times are slightly better with the CCBs.

@twiget ....Last I talked to Dustin, Sewell was not selling nor taking out of state orders. He didn't think that would be changing. Also, they had so many requests for the Escalade V, I believe he said they stopped taking orders, and you had to live in that county. What recession?

Your local dealer sounds really f'd up. Think I'd avoid them no matter what. Ridiculous.

@twiget ....Last I talked to Dustin, Sewell was not selling nor taking out of state orders. He didn't think that would be changing. Also, they had so many requests for the Escalade V, I believe he said they stopped taking orders, and you had to live in that county. What recession?

Your local dealer sounds really f'd up. Think I'd avoid them no matter what. Ridiculous.
Correct... Stopped taking orders for Escalade-V........ its will be lower production than the blackwings yet had more demand than the blackwings...

my first Escalade-V order was built this week....

I will begin taking a limited amount of out of state CT5-V blackwing orders in the near future. There will be several requirements as to what kind of orders I will accept...... It will be announced here..... where the OG goatherders thrive....

I read the thread title and got my popcorn ready... what am I going to do with all this popcorn??

ROFL!!!

Have to agree that 99% of dealers don’t conduct criminal operations. But, there are a 100 other ways to overcharge the customers without resorting to crime. Even, the best dealers do some of them, they just use plenty of lube so you barely notice.
woaahhh now.... not enough money in the world could make me want to do that..... even with lube 🤣🤣🤣🤣

A company pocketing government money belonging to another person would get them in big legal and criminal trouble if done regularly. Dealers get away with a lot of shenanigans, but not that.

I would assume you are 100% correct but it would be easy to get away with it if we wanted.... FEE's are the same thing as taxes.....

Interestingly enough.... We actually, on average, "eat the cost" about $300 per out of state deal because we a third party company to handle all of the TT&L.... We provide them with the deal information, they come back with a document that states all of the TT&L costs... Customer pays. We send check to company and pay them the average of $300 for the services.... Company provides us with all receipts and sends us a refund check for any overages.....

After we get a check back for the difference, we cut a check out to the customer....

In the event that we undercharged the customer, we dont ask the customer for the difference..... There are a few states where the state will not allow us or someone else to complete some items. In those one-offs, the customer is notified prior that they need to handle it and those are not included in the total....

The approx $300 to use the third party, we don't charge the customer...... We aren't going to charge the customer to do something we COULD do but choose to hire someone to do.... We choose to use that third party because it provides an overall better customer experience.

Anyone got contact info for Sewell? I've messaged @1StunnaV and emailed him, but no response.

dcallaway@blackwingking.com

FYI - the past 2.25 months, I have never been busier.... I have delivered over 70 vehicles in that time... at this moment, I still have 17 unheard voicemails on my phone and 50+ emails unread... I just cant catch up.... I am almost always with a customer at the store, on the phone with a customer, dealing with the oddest transport drivers, etc... Now, I understand why there are several months lead time for good Doctors.... There's just not enough time in the day...

Today makes it a week since I tried to contact him.

certainly possible...... Sorry for the inconvenience...

He’s probably currently tied up taking orders for 4BW Track Editions🤔
This... and the non stop "wheres my car" emails and calls... Or the " I want a 2023 at a 2022 price" calls and emails....

Yeah all those Blackwings aren't going to line up according to color by themselves.

this.... this right here..... this legit made me bust out laughing.....

1659593243879.png

my first experience with how much CC brakes make a difference was out at spring mountain..... Ive been on countless tracks several times but never had CC brakes.... I wasn't super familiar with the track layout and thought a different turn was coming up, I got on the brakes hard and was expecting to have brake fade but they bit down even harder....

The best part was I didn't realize the car they gave me had the CC brakes on it.... my mind was completely blown because of that..... Mentally, I was already prepared to throw the car sideways to help stop... They are legit for track use..... not so sure $9k is worth if your just trying to get less brake dust....

my first experience with how much CC brakes make a difference was out at spring mountain..... Ive been on countless tracks several times but never had CC brakes.... I wasn't super familiar with the track layout and thought a different turn was coming up, I got on the brakes hard and was expecting to have brake fade but they bit down even harder....

The best part was I didn't realize the car they gave me had the CC brakes on it.... my mind was completely blown because of that..... Mentally, I was already prepared to throw the car sideways to help stop... They are legit for track use..... not so sure $9k is worth if your just trying to get less brake dust....
Brake dust alone is not worth $9K (don’t forget brake squeal). But I have to believe the handling is significantly improved by deleting all that unsprung mass. - Should help the tires to stay planted when cornering on bumpy surfaces. I don’t think the majority of buyers spend much time on the track, but there are plenty of fun roads to reap the handling benefits of the CC brakes. All that aside, they look so damn sexy.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back