Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Horn Issues

See you have the Tech Bronze wheels, no worries with balancing and the techs making sure "no curb" rash is added? All is good? Great techs at my dealer but there is no way to guarantee which tech gets the car for service. Some techs have more experience then others? Sometimes it shows from past experience.
Good point. I'll be sure to take a close look before I bring her home. Thanks!

Hey guys. I picked up my 5BW this morning and here's what was done to repair the horn issue:

Cause: INTERNAL FAULT
6450380 Steering Wheel Airbag Replacement
Part Number: 86779688 Inflator Module

The good news is that it's working correctly now. They did rotate the tires, side to side. The wheels were in perfect condition. Take care!

Resurfacing this to confirm the dealer just diagnosed my horn issue the same way.

The part is backordered, naturally.

I bought the car off a dealer lot, so I guess this is my penance for skipping the goat rodeo.

Good morning! Well, my horn issues continue. Someone cut in front of us last week and we were almost hit. I tried to lay on my horn, nothing. I brought her into the dealership, and it has been determined that I need a new steering wheel. The dealership said that the contacts on the steering wheel are defective. I have a feeling that I will have my loaner car for a couple of weeks...

I haven't taken mine in yet for a fix. I was waiting for my heated steering wheel retrofit, but I don't know if it's ever going to come, LOL.

I have the horn issue as well. I might bring it into the dealer next week.

The dealer received the approval from GM to order a new steering wheel. I should find out today when it will be delivered. Not holding my breath...

So I have a 4BW 2023. I honked my horn for the first time in a while yesterday. It sounded like a clown car horn. I mean it is seriously weird sounding. My wife laughed for about 5 miles.

I assume something it wrong but hoping someone could verify theirs sounds normal.

Got to test mine tonight, driving home on a dark rainy night when the a$$clown in the MBZ SUV one lane over started drifting over the (very tactile) lane divider toward me, I presume while texting. I instinctively hit the lower-middle of the steering wheel while shouting out a surprisingly G-rated "Dude!", and the horn sounded normal. Not badass, not clownish, just normal, slightly disappointing horn-ish.

I am going to hit the dealership next week and simple ask to honk one on the lot - mine just sounds wrong and very light - like if someone is pulling over on me and has their radio on (not blasting - just on - they won't hear me honk.)

If anyone has a good aftermarket one - easy to install - and not too dickishly loud (not trying to be obnoxious - I just want the horn to be loud enough to warn someone.

I am going to hit the dealership next week and simple ask to honk one on the lot - mine just sounds wrong and very light - like if someone is pulling over on me and has their radio on (not blasting - just on - they won't hear me honk.)

If anyone has a good aftermarket one - easy to install - and not too dickishly loud (not trying to be obnoxious - I just want the horn to be loud enough to warn someone.
Hey btown. If yours is light sounding there is something wrong. I had to hit mine today and it is attention getting like most other horns.

Next time I visit my 22'5BW in storage, I will have to test it out. I don't think I have even pushed the horn one time since owning the car. I have given many "middle fingers" and enunciated some profanities so that deaf people could lip read me, though. Just keeping the Viking language alive in a modern world.

If you are concerned about your horn, have it checked out. My issue was that my horn did not sound. It is definitely a safety issue. The Cadillac dealership ended up replacing the steering wheel.

Scheduled some recall work and mentioned my clown horn and the tech immediately said “yeah 1 of the horns dying makes it sound like that, we’ve seen a few of those”. So that went on the list along with a new seatbelt retractor. Ssholiday and others were right. Something is off. Beep beep!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back