Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Hey Y'all!

Evolution1980

Some of you may recognize me from our sister site, the CAC.
I'm checking in over here because I'm trying to hunt down some information regarding the V Wagons. Trying to cobble together the various years & models that had a Wagon is tricky for the uninitiated. As such, I'm not even certain what primary forum here to use since my questions cross the various years & platforms. So hopefully this intro thread gets some visibility.

Some general bulletpoints/questions, in no particular order...
  • I'm looking to buy a USED wagon. If I'm not mistaken, they're all pretty much gonna be used because they aren't currently making a wagon, correct?
  • I'm not yet sold on any particular platform as long as it is a "V" package and a wagon.
  • Did the "V" designation and "Wagon" ever go on any of their other platforms, such as the ATS? Or was it exclusive to the CTS platform?
  • The CTS-V has always been the big daddy 8-banger. And then Caddy released the CTS VSport, which is always a TT'd 6-cylinder. Correct?
  • In both the 8-cyl and 6-cyl lineups, what was the last year for each to have the Wagon format? 2011 for the V, and 2014 for the VSport?
  • Assuming that the relative used prices of the last model year for each are similar, meaning that both a 2011 V8 and 2014 V6 list for $40K (making up a number), which would be the better value and why? All factors can be considered, hence the very broadness of the question.

Thanks and I look forward to the conversation!

Some general bulletpoints/questions, in no particular order...
  • I'm looking to buy a USED wagon. If I'm not mistaken, they're all pretty much gonna be used because they aren't currently making a wagon, correct?
  • I'm not yet sold on any particular platform as long as it is a "V" package and a wagon.
  • Did the "V" designation and "Wagon" ever go on any of their other platforms, such as the ATS? Or was it exclusive to the CTS platform?
  • The CTS-V has always been the big daddy 8-banger. And then Caddy released the CTS VSport, which is always a TT'd 6-cylinder. Correct?
  • In both the 8-cyl and 6-cyl lineups, what was the last year for each to have the Wagon format? 2011 for the V, and 2014 for the VSport?
  • Assuming that the relative used prices of the last model year for each are similar, meaning that both a 2011 V8 and 2014 V6 list for $40K (making up a number), which would be the better value and why? All factors can be considered, hence the very broadness of the question.

Thanks and I look forward to the conversation!

I'll try to shed some light on this for you.
1. The "V" package was available on the STS, the XLR and the CTS, first generation. The "V" package was available on the second generation CTS in all three models; sedan, coupe and wagon. The third generation CTS also has a "V" package. There are "V" versions of the ATS also, both coupe and sedan.
If you're looking for a Wagon, you're looking for model years 2011 to 2014, all second generation CTSs.
2. In the STS V and XLR V, the engine was the supercharged NorthStar V8.
In the first generation CTS V, the engine was an LS6 or LS2 V8, 400HP and 6-speed manual.
In the second generation CTS V, the engine is the supercharged LSA @ 556 HP, available with auto or manual.
The third generation CTS V has the LT4 supercharged, 640 HP engine
The third generation CTS also was delivered with a twin-turbo V6 and called the V-Sport.
The new CT6 was going to get a twin-turbo V8 and was initially going to be badged as a V-Sport then Cadillac changed their minds and are labeling it as a "V".
The ATS V is a twin-turbo V6.
3. Which one to buy? Supercharged V8 or turbo V6/V8. If you're dead set on a V Wagon, you're looking at the supercharged V8 only.

I think that's enough for now.

I'll try to shed some light on this for you.
1. The "V" package was available on the STS, the XLR and the CTS, first generation. The "V" package was available on the second generation CTS in all three models; sedan, coupe and wagon. The third generation CTS also has a "V" package.
If you're looking for a Wagon, you're looking for model years 2011 to 2014, all second generation CTSs.
2. The third generation CTS also was delivered with a twin-turbo V6 and called the V-Sport.
3. Which one to buy? Supercharged V8 or turbo V6/V8. If you're dead set on a V Wagon, you're looking at the supercharged V8 only.
Thanks Tuna. That helps...a bit.

I'm still a bit cornfused though. It's probably the naming conventions that are screwing me up.
You are correct, I want a "Wagon". That's first and foremost.
Based on what I'm finding, there appears to be a "V" Wagon and a "V Sport Wagon". Are these the same things, just named differently depending on who's doing the writing?
I thought the "V Sport" (in any iteration of it being written VSport, V-Sport, V Sport, etc), referred explicitly to the V6 Twin-Turbo engine.

Thus, I thought there was "a wagon packaged with the V6 twin-turbo" and "a wagon packaged with the high-perf V8 (forced fed or not, doesn't matter)".
This right here is ultimately my first question. IF the wagon came in either a high-perf V6 or V8, what was the last model year for each of those combinations.

:wave:

Last edited:
When Cadillac started selling the CTS Wagon in 2010, they called the standard wagon, the "Sport Wagon." The "V" wagon is a "Sport Wagon" with the "V" drivetrain. That may be part of your confusion.
Between 2011 and 2014, all "V" wagons were supercharged V8s. The twin-turbo engines didn't get started until the third generation CTS and the ATS.

Ahhh...OK. SO! "Across any of the Caddy platforms, the only wagon with the high performance engine was the CTS, and that ran from 2011-2014." And "There has never been a twin-turbo V6 wagon on any of Caddy's platforms."

Is my head finally out of my butt? :lol:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners