Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Help! Heated seat - driver side - not working...

Need help topic

WoodyFromBama

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2006 Cadillac CTS-V
Driver-side seat heaters not working. All three heating elements are good but the thermistor circuit reads open. I can't find the left hand front cushion heater for sale anywhere -- the thermistor is inside it -- so I'd like to try to repair it. If I can get an appropriate thermistor I'll replace it.

But to do so I need to know the [general specs] for the thermistor in that element. I know that the resistance range is between 850 ohms and 11.5 K ohms and that it is intended to help control the seat heater between 30C (98F) in the Low postion and 42C (108F) when in the high heat position. Also, rather than cut the seat bottom too much looking for it, it would be nice if I knew approximately where it is located in the heating element.

Has anyone opened up one of the seat cushions and actually seen the thermistor? Does anyone know what the specs for it are? Just knowing whether its PTC or NTC (resistance goes up with heat or resistance goes down with heat) would be helpful. At the moment I'm assuming the latter but that doesn't completely jive with my observation that it is currently open/infinite resistance and that's the reason it isn't coming on.

Btw, Byron on the LS1 forum said that he thinks the CTS seat electronics are shared with the SRX. I haven't had a chance to look into that yet but will. Replacing the complete heating element would still be my preference.
LQ9 cast-iron block, Lorenzo 18" black 5 spoke rims, H&R Sport lowering spring set, Crossdrilled/Slotted rotors, Corsa cat backs, Kooks stainless headers and mini-cat downpipes, FAST 102 intake manifold and Big Mouth ported throttle body, Creative steel bushing kit, Ligenfelter air intake, Creative adjustable short shifter

user_online.gif

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop