Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Has anyone “fixed” the ugly plastic piece below the infotainment screen?

Seth

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing 46-404
I wonder what the best way to go about it is. I would just cover it in matte black vinyl wrap but there’s writing on it.

This is the only thing I could find:
Pho CF Assorted Radio Trim Covers

It is somewhat an eyesore since nothing else looks like it in the car. * You may be better off wrapping it in flat black or something.

I found a few other things for ya but i don't know if you would be interested.

Real CF auto gear selector trim cover

Real CF paddle shifter extensions

Assortment of Pho CF cluster trims (in black or red)

Real CF antenna Fin Cover

*I just took a second look and the door window switch trim is this black sparkly finish. I'm so grateful that they did this over piano black plastic. If you've ever had that in a car you'll know how awful it looks after 6 months. Fixing piano black plastic on consoles is so time consuming and requires dozens of tiny Dremel pads you're better off buying a new piece at the dealer.
Fast forward to 10:20...

Last edited:
After thinking it over, if you could get a sample of matching leather and have an upholsterer wrap that piece. That would really set it off. It's funny that they just mailed it in on this piece, because I for one look and touch it multiple times a day when I'm in my car.

It is somewhat an eyesore since nothing else looks like it in the car. * You may be better off wrapping it in flat black or something.

I found a few other things for ya but i don't know if you would be interested.

*I just took a second look and the door window switch trim is this black sparkly finish. I'm so grateful that they did this over piano black plastic. If you've ever had that in a car you'll know how awful it looks after 6 months. Fixing piano black plastic on consoles is so time consuming and requires dozens of tiny Dremel pads you're better off buying a new piece at the dealer.
Fast forward to 10:20...
Wow excellent results but tremendous amount of time and work. I would definitely consider putting film on it after all that.
I actually had PPF applied to B pillar Black plastic on my 5 as I've seen what happens to it after time on my truck, tons of swirl marks.
It just seems that blowing pads off would dry them out to point that would scratch plastic without any compound fluid to act as lubricant.

After thinking it over, if you could get a sample of matching leather and have an upholsterer wrap that piece. That would really set it off. It's funny that they just mailed it in on this piece, because I for one look and touch it multiple times a day when I'm in my car.
It seems like they were trying to make something that would hide fingerprints, scratches, and clean-up easily as well (which I definitely appreciate) - I just think I would have preferred that they’d used either the same carbon fiber used on the console, some kind of fabric like microfiber, or just regular, old matte black plastic trim because the sparkly plastic sticks out for the wrong reasons…

Prepping some of the extra pieces I have from the screens I still can't retrofit. I'll try and skin with some 2x2 twill this and the little triangles on either side of the screen in the coming weeks when I'm not swamped at work. Anyone interested in either the triangles or this if they come out ok? Not make guarantees haha but I've got extras and likely won't be easily able to sell the screens on ebay

Attachments

• IMG_20230201_204612.jpg
    IMG_20230201_204612.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 232
Prepping some of the extra pieces I have from the screens I still can't retrofit. I'll try and skin with some 2x2 twill this and the little triangles on either side of the screen in the coming weeks when I'm not swamped at work. Anyone interested in either the triangles or this if they come out ok? Not make guarantees haha but I've got extras and likely won't be easily able to sell the screens on ebay

Very interested! And looking forward to seeing how it turns out :)

Interested! Excited to see how they turn out!

I’d be interested too. Ever since someone on here pointed out the cheap looking triangles, they have bugged me. Would like to see a carbon fiber or some other alternative to class that up.

I just realized this is for the 5, not 4, so count me out. Just curious, what is the symbol/marking furthest to the right on here? I noticed it also in the link @Neveready posted

I just realized this is for the 5, not 4, so count me out. Just curious, what is the symbol/marking furthest to the right on here? I noticed it also in the link @Neveready posted
I have both a 4 and a 5 from my unfortunately failing screen project. I've got a roll of carbon to play around with as well so I figured I may as well go nuts.

How did you get this piece off? I'd like to CF wrap mine, but don't want to destroy it while trying to remove.

How did you get this piece off? I'd like to CF wrap mine, but don't want to destroy it while trying to remove.

This thread has lots of good info on removal

Might be prudent to purchase this piece used or from the dealer. This way you'll have an original in case it gets messed up. I don't know what it cost though, it may not be worth it. Or you could just pay somebody to do it and then it's on them

Might be prudent to purchase this piece used or from the dealer. This way you'll have an original in case it gets messed up. I don't know what it cost though, it may not be worth it. Or you could just pay somebody to do it and then it's on them
I'd agree, problem is you can't without getting the full screen assembly. I had to buy both a 4 and a 5 and they were between 250 and 300 off eBay and reasonably 600 or 700 new

Got some carbon in and cut to size. I will be mia for a few days though unfortunately but am hoping to get started on this this week or next. I have a spare 4 and a spare 5 panel and if demand is there, I could potentially create extra and sell those, I would want to sell these and get your own panel back as a core though so I could make more if there is actual interest

Attachments

• IMG_20230203_202352.jpg
    IMG_20230203_202352.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 215
Now I’m curious to know how many 2022s have the NFC pairing. Mine does not.

Got some carbon in and cut to size. I will be mia for a few days though unfortunately but am hoping to get started on this this week or next. I have a spare 4 and a spare 5 panel and if demand is there, I could potentially create extra and sell those, I would want to sell these and get your own panel back as a core though so I could make more if there is actual interest
I would be interested.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners