Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Got One!

CT5-V Model

Finally-a-V

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 V Blackwing
Just to keep everyone in the loop, I picked up a 2022 CT5 V Blackwing.

After much debate, I traded my CT4 V Blackwing that I bought new in May for a gently pre owned CT5 V Blackwing with 750 miles. My 4BW had 2100 miles and I got almost MRSP for it on trade. Yes, I probably paid too much for the 5BW, though, when you add the $10K price increase and figure I was going to order a 2024, with who knows how much of a price increase, I think it's close to a wash. Most importantly, it's in the garage NOW as opposed to waiting Lord knows how long to get it.

Ironically, it's almost the same build as the 5BW I tried to order back in August of 2021. No carbon, but I do have carbon backed seats. I must say, they are very nice. Nice quality leather and very comfortable.

So far, I have to say I LOVE this car. I think it's nicer than my 4, a little bigger and it rides better. It's just amazing. I can't wait to get to the magic 1500 mile mark and play some. Exhaust note is great and so far, running around town, it's a very enjoyable car to drive. The speed limit does come up pretty quick even at partial throttle.

Thanks for reading and allowing me to update you.

TB17.png

Beautiful car, congrats and best of luck!

Congrats, beautiful ride! With 750 miles, it's ready to rock and roll, especially with you being the second owner.

I mean, you can wipe it with a diaper until 1,500 miles if it helps you sleep better at night, but otherwise it's ready to be spanked and spanked hard. Just warm it up with gentle driving for a few minutes after every cold start. Then, give it to her hard.

I am doing mostly the same thing - selling the 4 and buying a 5 - but my order got picked up as a 23 and should be built in 2 weeks. The 4 is a nice car, and as I have said before, I feel the interior is much more befitting a car that starts at 60 than one starting at 90. But, I have also felt since I learned about these cars that the absolute essence of "Blackwing" is a 6MT LT4. That's it for me, and I gotta have it. Being a bit slower, the 4 might allow you to enjoy it more, but after 2000 miles on a 4, I need The Beast.

I am curious, do you think the used one you bought was not redlined and floored over its 750 miles?

That's like thinking about all the guys that railed your wife before you met her. Best not think about that.
Well the OP said he will wait to 1500 miles before "playing" with it. What is the point?

Just to keep everyone in the loop, I picked up a 2022 CT5 V Blackwing.

After much debate, I traded my CT4 V Blackwing that I bought new in May for a gently pre owned CT5 V Blackwing with 750 miles. My 4BW had 2100 miles and I got almost MRSP for it on trade. Yes, I probably paid too much for the 5BW, though, when you add the $10K price increase and figure I was going to order a 2024, with who knows how much of a price increase, I think it's close to a wash. Most importantly, it's in the garage NOW as opposed to waiting Lord knows how long to get it.

Ironically, it's almost the same build as the 5BW I tried to order back in August of 2021. No carbon, but I do have carbon backed seats. I must say, they are very nice. Nice quality leather and very comfortable.

So far, I have to say I LOVE this car. I think it's nicer than my 4, a little bigger and it rides better. It's just amazing. I can't wait to get to the magic 1500 mile mark and play some. Exhaust note is great and so far, running around town, it's a very enjoyable car to drive. The speed limit does come up pretty quick even at partial throttle.

Thanks for reading and allowing me to update you.

View attachment 12618
OUTSTANDING. Enjoy your ride, she is a pretty girl.

wait..what..did someone say titties

I am curious, do you think the used one you bought was not redlined and floored over its 750 miles?
Well, that is a good point. You know, a guy can dream. Maybe the previous guy beat the hell out of it. He was supposedly a collector, so let's hope he didn't. IDK. Let's just see what happens!

Thanks for all the kind words from everyone. I'll get some more pix up tomorrow.

For the record, I LOVE the Infrared. It's a beautiful color that really shows the lines of this car and really changes in the light. Full sun, which we have a lot of here in AZ, it just pops

The second best colour for '22! (I'm partial to emerald frost as #1).

You don't need to wait for 1500 miles, thats only before you track the car. At 750 its ready to be flogged, go nuts with it. I've always behaved with my vehicles even the one's I sold shortly after purchasing new, I like to think others do as well when it comes to the break-in.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back