Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Glimpse into the Future

WONT TAP

Seasoned Member
Supporting Vendor
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2016 ATS-V A8, 2018 ATS-V M6, 2022 CT4-V Blackwing A10
Turns out the vanity plate is correct after all! Stay tuned and all details will be revealed in time…

TUNABLE on dyno.jpg
474 whp dyno chart.png

More breathable for more power, more sound, and more power.
You really think the exhaust is what's holding this car back? I'd say gains with software will make 10x the power of any exhaust change. I mean, look at the dyno plots above.

...just..can't...read...past...the name. Hillarious

I'm definitely not saying the exhaust is what is holding it back but will definitely play a contributor with a forced induction engine. Of course the CPU would open a big, new avenue. The PC guru's will tell you the computer is a force to recon. In time..

ETA: Some of us also don't like our neighbors and want earthquake window rattling startups at 0530.

Better in what way?

Something a bit louder while hopefully offering a slightly better tone. Basically the same thing almost everyone gets an exhaust for on modern vehicles. It also needs to be valved for reasons mentioned above.

...just..can't...read...past...the name. Hillarious

I'm definitely not saying the exhaust is what is holding it back but will definitely play a contributor with a forced induction engine. Of course the CPU would open a big, new avenue. The PC guru's will tell you the computer is a force to recon. In time..

ETA: Some of us also don't like our neighbors and want earthquake window rattling startups at 0530.
I don't see what's so funny about my name? :unsure:
:sneaky:

Based on tuning results of other modern turbocharged cars, my *guess* is that after software tuning this car will require bigger turbos and more fuel (injectors, pump) before it needs more exhaust.

I'd love to see some dyno runs with the exhaust in its different modes.

Also: some us don't like our neighbors but DO like our clients. 😇

Usually the OEM exhausts have restrictive bends which hurt the exhaust flow. Changing to mandrel bent and likely a larger diameter most of the time is going to give better results assuming you can also adjust your fuel curves, timing, etc. Turbo/Blown cars benefit greatly. I had an Evo years ago that just a downpipe alone was good for 25-35hp with a tune. Replace the cat and rest of exhaust and it was closer to 40-50hp. Fact is, factory equipment always has restrictive characteristics that they implement to either appease the insurance companies or the nannie management. The BW is no different from what I can tell. I'd love a louder note when I'm on the gas. I also run flowmasters on my built BBC. There is a limit, don't get me wrong. Ultimately just looking for more power in the end.

It still looks and sounds the same, but this is definitely not the same car it was before! Our entire team has been busting our butts for five months to make this happen. And now things are finally starting to get real. Details will be announced when we have everything finalized, but not before.

CT4-V Blackwing 411 versus 522 whp.png

Last edited:
It still looks and sounds the same, but this is definitely not the same car it was before! Our entire team has been busting our butts for five months to make this happen. And now things are finally starting to get real. Details will be announced when we have everything finalized, but not before.

View attachment 6728
I told my wife I wasn't going to mod this car. Now I might be a liar. If this is tune only, it would be hard to say no to. I am wondering, the Tremec, same twin clutch as the ATS-Vs? I am wondering what the stock clutch can handle. I don't want to go down the rabbit hole of chasing all the weak links.

View attachment 6728
Is this tuning only? If so...wow!

Lol I meant this tap out thread sorry not forum.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back