Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Giving Rides

Tuna

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '21 Vette)
My wife drove the V Wagon to work a few days ago instead of her Volt. Her office was going out to lunch and she wanted the bigger car so she could play chauffeur. She tells me that on the way to the restaurant, one of the riders noticed that she was skipping a lot of gears - she generally uses first, third then fifth or sixth when just driving around town.

Her answer was that she didn't really need all the gears for just routine driving since the engine had enough power to handle it.

After lunch she took the quick way back to work on the freeway. As she was about to turn onto the entrance ramp, she told the rider that she would use all the gears then. She ran it up in first, second, third and part of fourth (only to about 4 grand on the tach she tells me) then dropped back to closer to the limit.

The riders asked her why anyone would need a car like this. Her answer: Because it's fun to drive! And it hauls everything we need to haul.

This is not a need car, it's a want car. And the logical question is why would anyone NOT want a car like this!

This is not a need car, it's a want car. And the logical question is why would anyone NOT want a car like this!

Most people do not like driving and consider it a necessary evil - for those, I wish more mass transit existed. My wife and I like the driving experience and the joy of driving something like the V or the Vette.

I'm kinda glad most don't want a car like this. Can you imagine a city filled with Vs, Vettes, M3s, etc. ----- :frown:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back