Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Found a CT4-V Blackwing hope I made a good decision

Sethc5vette

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
22 ct4 BW
In looking for a car for my wife came across the CT4-V Blackwing and found one at my local dealer that is still inbound that they want 10k over the 71k MSRP. It was an M6 which I really wanted but of course she could care less. Quickly decided I was not paying that premium. When I began reading the forum I realized I was a year plus out to order one so I was very late to the party and decided to just give up.

Could not sleep last night so I conducted lots of searches and found a fully loaded A10 with Carbon Package 1 and 2 plus upgraded seats. Problem is the car is several hours away. Called this morning and to my surprise they were at MSRP. Couple hours later deposit paid and deal finalized Car is at dealership and wife and I taking a road trip to get it Friday morning.

Two Things:
1. Really happy to find one after just a week looking for MSRP and it has the Carbon Fiber packages I really wanted
2. Did I make a really big mistake getting an A10. I will only drive it 10 percent or the time and it is her daily but damn I (not her) wanted an M6.

looking forward to hearing from the members who have driven these cars for your thoughts. Happy to have found the forum and ready to get off the C2 Corvette forum and dig in over here.

Seth

That is they way I am feeling I am OK with the A10 just was caught up in the cool factor of the M6 and we get the car this week rather than waiting 9 months to a year. Getting more excited by the minute!

You could always find a dealership to order a 2023 from. Price increase (without the carbon) will be around $1,995 but you could get M6 and the options you really want. I can't recall the carbon increase.

Shouldn't be too difficult to sell the A10 2022 before the M6 2023 shows up

You could always find a dealership to order a 2023 from. Price increase (without the carbon) will be around $1,995 but you could get M6 and the options you really want. I can't recall the carbon increase.

Shouldn't be too difficult to sell the A10 2022 before the M6 2023 shows up
I agree but since it is the wife’s daily the A10 is a better choice. it was the interior she wanted so you know what they say Happy Wife…..

There's a reason you found an A10 sitting on a lot at sticker while the M6 was still inbound at 10k over.
A lot of truth to that statement. The manuals will be the collectible cars, this will be her daily for three years then traded for whatever the next car she decides she wants 😒

You made the right choice considering your wife will be driving the car 90% of the time. The A10 is a beast, leaves the manuals in the dust. All this talk about collectible while the car is still in production generally tends to lead to it not being collectible.

You made a great choice! A10 is a great transmission. You and your wife will love it!

You made the right choice considering your wife will be driving the car 90% of the time. The A10 is a beast, leaves the manuals in the dust. All this talk about collectible while the car is still in production generally tends to lead to it not being collectible.
We plan on driving and enjoying it for sure....looking forward to picking it up Friday hope the wife can keep the front Carbon splitter in one pioece lol

I think most of us who chose 6MT are not concerned with racing at streetlights.
Well, since we know the A10 can handily beat an M6 from a dig and a roll, where else is the advantage? Certainly not on the track where the paddle shifting in the A10 would certainly be superior to someone manually shifting. And a stick is always fun in stop and go traffic. Yeah, yeah I know you’re gonna say you’re more personally engaged with the car, OK, I get it. So enjoy, and check out my tail lights and license plate as I blast by you on the street or track!!

Well, since we know the A10 can handily beat an M6 from a dig and a roll, where else is the advantage? Certainly not on the track where the paddle shifting in the A10 would certainly be superior to someone manually shifting. And a stick is always fun in stop and go traffic. Yeah, yeah I know you’re gonna say you’re more personally engaged with the car, OK, I get it. So enjoy, and check out my tail lights and license plate as I blast by you on the street or track!!
What is the advantage to being faster from a "dig and a roll"? Does winning a street race make one's small pen0r feel bigger? You will definitely be "blasting past" me on the street because I am not racing against you. Nor is any other adult secure with their adulthood.

There are lots of reasons people choose the automatic over the manual: maybe they drive in a lot of traffic, maybe they have a bad knee, maybe the car is for their wife. The fact that an automatic is fractionally faster than a manual in a street race is literally the worst reason possible. And if that describes your reasoning, I am sincerely sorry about your tiny shoe size.

I'm buying this car because it is fun to drive. Manual is more fun to drive. The end.

Last edited:
I didn’t just say it could smoke you in a drag or roll straight line race.. Beat you on a track, winding Road, anywhere you wanna go. I know the sticks are just a hoot in stop and go traffic, so much fun to drive, lol! I’ve had enough sticks for one lifetime. Enjoy yours!!!

Curious to why you’d buy such a high performance vehicle and not be interested in stepping on it a bit or racing it a bit? Doesn’t seem to make any sense. If it’s only all about a stick being so much fun to drive, you could buy a lot of cars for a lot less without all these extraordinary high-performance features. This car is meant to go! Weird choice in a vehicle for you.

In looking for a car for my wife came across the CT4-V Blackwing and found one at my local dealer that is still inbound that they want 10k over the 71k MSRP. It was an M6 which I really wanted but of course she could care less. Quickly decided I was not paying that premium. When I began reading the forum I realized I was a year plus out to order one so I was very late to the party and decided to just give up.

Could not sleep last night so I conducted lots of searches and found a fully loaded A10 with Carbon Package 1 and 2 plus upgraded seats. Problem is the car is several hours away. Called this morning and to my surprise they were at MSRP. Couple hours later deposit paid and deal finalized Car is at dealership and wife and I taking a road trip to get it Friday morning.

Two Things:
1. Really happy to find one after just a week looking for MSRP and it has the Carbon Fiber packages I really wanted
2. Did I make a really big mistake getting an A10. I will only drive it 10 percent or the time and it is her daily but damn I (not her) wanted an M6.

looking forward to hearing from the members who have driven these cars for your thoughts. Happy to have found the forum and ready to get off the C2 Corvette forum and dig in over here.

Seth
A10 mistake, no way? If what you are looking for is collectible (true) collectible then shop one of those 120th Anniversary coming soon. That's the unicorn, these cars coming thru now 4's and 5's are in the same family almost exactly (and that's cool to me as well). If there aren't enough A10's out there, do they become collectible at some point down the road? Just thinking out loud. Thats a special tranny, and it bites hard on the track. Seamless. Fact is in my opine, these cars are all special in their own way and even more so to the folks that are gonna use, enjoy and drive them anytime regardless of whatever build was ordered.....no mistake in my opinion for what it's worth my friend, A10 is a solid tranny. Stay tuned, lots to come in the future for sure. Congratulations, enjoy.

What is the advantage to being faster from a "dig and a roll"? Does winning a street race make one's small pen0r feel bigger? You will definitely be "blasting past" me on the street because I am not racing against you. Nor is any other adult secure with their adulthood.

There are lots of reasons people choose the automatic over the manual: maybe they drive in a lot of traffic, maybe they have a bad knee, maybe the car is for their wife. The fact that an automatic is fractionally faster than a manual in a street race is literally the worst reason possible. And if that describes your reasoning, I am sincerely sorry about your tiny shoe size.

I'm buying this car because it is fun to drive. Manual is more fun to drive. The

I'm buying this car because it is fun to drive. Manual is more fun to drive. The
wow...whats that about? I'm getting a 5BW, its a bigger shoe!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back