Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Financing

I actually ended up at my credit union by refinancing through AAA. They're technically military affiliated (from a local air force base), but I don't have any military ties. They'll gladly take your membership fee and welcome you into the fold. I've worked with them on multiple car loans and a HELOC, and they've been awesome. Definitely recommend a credit union if you find one you like.

I actually ended up at my credit union by refinancing through AAA. They're technically military affiliated (from a local air force base), but I don't have any military ties. They'll gladly take your membership fee and welcome you into the fold. I've worked with them on multiple car loans and a HELOC, and they've been awesome. Definitely recommend a credit union if you find one you like.
Be careful and read the docs. Credit unions are usually a good alternative. However they don’t have to play by the same rules as regular banks and typically required a right to offset.. just an FYI

Based off what I'm seeing from the finance calculator I might be better off going through my bank

The CU that I've used for last two cars is offering
Luxury Autos 50,000+​
3.15%​
84 Mos.​

What kinda rate are you guys seeing?

They tried to give me 3.89 over 72. I laughed and told them that I'd just have to go talk to my credit union and come back the next day since they were a percent lower. Magically dropped to 2.96 with the same lender over the same term. I'm guessing there was some dealer margin built in there (and some probably remained after the drop) but close enough for factory work.

On the plus side, kinda sorta figured out the BuyPower issue... It really is just a matter of GM not getting their act together and putting the Blackwings in the computer, but that means they have to process it offline and it's going to take a while. Ultimately, they're just going to cut me a check when the points eventually come in. Figure I'll use that to offset the ceramic coating.

They tried to give me 3.89 over 72. I laughed and told them that I'd just have to go talk to my credit union and come back the next day since they were a percent lower. Magically dropped to 2.96 with the same lender over the same term. I'm guessing there was some dealer margin built in there (and some probably remained after the drop) but close enough for factory work.

On the plus side, kinda sorta figured out the BuyPower issue... It really is just a matter of GM not getting their act together and putting the Blackwings in the computer, but that means they have to process it offline and it's going to take a while. Ultimately, they're just going to cut me a check when the points eventually come in. Figure I'll use that to offset the ceramic coating.
The 2.96 is from the dealer? Not bad at all for 6 years.

Yup, aside from the initial attempted sucker rate no real complaints.
Sounds like the move is print off some advertised rates from banks/CUs and see if the dealer will match, and if not, go shop the banks/CUs. Because I'm lazy and dont want to fill out a bunch of credit applications if I can avoid it.

Sounds like the move is print off some advertised rates from banks/CUs and see if the dealer will match, and if not, go shop the banks/CUs. Because I'm lazy and dont want to fill out a bunch of credit applications if I can avoid it.
Basically. They can probably match most rates you can get, it's easier for you, and they get to make some money. Obviously, they're going to try to get whatever they can, but as long as you're prepared it'll likely turn out fine and save you some hassle.

Got 2.09% 72 months. I have no clue how much it cost, what my payment is... i ran out of there with the keys. My wife not happy lol.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back