Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Financing

CMac_FL

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V Blackwing
For those of you that own your BW and financed it, did you go through your dealer or somewhere else? Interested to know if the deals on a 2021 are also available on a 2022.

I don’t trust the dealer to act in my best interest so I’ll get my own financing. Unless GM has a .9 incentive or something.

Yes I went through dealer. A little different as I did it out of a courtesy so they could get paid a little more. Full disclosure, I have been a finance director in the business for years previously and walked them through what bank to use and what are I get

I don’t trust the dealer to act in my best interest so I’ll get my own financing. Unless GM has a .9 incentive or something.
So they do on 2021’s (at least in my state). Wonder if it will carry to to 2022.

I was actually going to bring this up again to see if anyone got a good rate from GM.

So they do on 2021’s (at least in my state). Wonder if it will carry to to 2022.
Dealing with this now, seems like the issue--both for 0.9% and BuyPower Rewards--is they haven't added the Blackwings as legitimate 2022 GM models yet. @Mirza Grebovic I'm sure this is outside your wheelhouse, but any contacts on the GM finance side that can see about getting these models added to the dropdown for the various GM systems? Sounds like it all comes down to the online forms: they're not on the list, so they can't select them.

EDIT: According to the BuyPower people my dealership is just confused about how the card works, and there is no online form--you have to call them... But I think the request still applies for the promo financing. Who knows, it's all a #GoatRodeo I guess.

Last edited:
Dealing with this now, seems like the issue--both for 0.9% and BuyPower Rewards--is they haven't added the Blackwings as legitimate 2022 GM models yet. @Mirza Grebovic I'm sure this is outside your wheelhouse, but any contacts on the GM finance side that can see about getting these models added to the dropdown for the various GM systems? Sounds like it all comes down to the online forms: they're not on the list, so they can't select them.

EDIT: According to the BuyPower people my dealership is just confused about how the card works, and there is no online form--you have to call them... But I think the request still applies for the promo financing. Who knows, it's all a #GoatRodeo I guess.
has the dealer got your car yet mine is still not there.

I called my dealer today, he said my car was supposed to be delivered last night, but seems to he in New Jersey currently? I think he said New Jersey.
Here's the TDSI distribution center map: CSX.com - TDSI Locations Probably depends on which center is closest to you if it came with us to East Brookfield or went south to Ridgefield Heights.

I would be extremely surprised if a specialty car like this is eligible for subvented rates..

I would be extremely surprised if a specialty car like this is eligible for subvented rates..
I mean BMW is doing it for M cars. It just depends whether a car company's finance wing views their service as a customer benefit or as a sales tool. If it's just a sales tool, then no, there's no reason to provide preferential financing to cars that are already in high demand. But if it's a customer benefit, then it's a way to keep prime customers in house for the whole transaction and raise overall satisfaction. Different perspectives.

Was told today from the dealer that the blackwings are coming in around 2.5-3% from GM financial. The 0.9% rate wasn't available on them. I also couldn't use my GM card rewards. Was told they wasn't accepted yet for the blackwings. I only had ~$80 worth so I didn't fight it too much.

Was told today from the dealer that the blackwings are coming in around 2.5-3% from GM financial. The 0.9% rate wasn't available on them. I also couldn't use my GM card rewards. Was told they wasn't accepted yet for the blackwings. I only had ~$80 worth so I didn't fight it too much.
I have $1k saved up over six years specifically for this purpose (well, originally for the ATS-V, but same idea) so I'm going to be bullshit if I can't use it for this car, especially since the entire pitch is it's good for any GM vehicle and it can't be used for anything else. I've got better rewards cards that I would've used instead. I called customer support multiple times while I was fighting with my dealer and they told me repeatedly that the Blackwings qualify. I think the dealers just don't want to do it.

I mean BMW is doing it for M cars. It just depends whether a car company's finance wing views their service as a customer benefit or as a sales tool. If it's just a sales tool, then no, there's no reason to provide preferential financing to cars that are already in high demand. But if it's a customer benefit, then it's a way to keep prime customers in house for the whole transaction and raise overall satisfaction. Different perspectives.
Really? What kind of finance rates are they doing for the new M3 and M4?

I have $1k saved up over six years specifically for this purpose (well, originally for the ATS-V, but same idea) so I'm going to be bullshit if I can't use it for this car, especially since the entire pitch is it's good for any GM vehicle and it can't be used for anything else. I've got better rewards cards that I would've used instead. I called customer support multiple times while I was fighting with my dealer and they told me repeatedly that the Blackwings qualify. I think the dealers just don't want to do it.

Oh yea if I had 1k worth I would of definitely pushed more to use it. Call them on speaker while in the finance office if you have to

Oh yea if I had 1k worth I would of definitely pushed more to use it. Call them on speaker while in the finance office if you have to
That's what I'm going to do. Sales manager kept saying he wouldn't do it. I'm going to keep pushing and make a big stink if he doesn't at least try. One simple thing took my experience with them from an unenthusiastic but more than ok A- to a passionate F in one day.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back