Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Finally: CT5-V Blackwing Reproduction Spoilers

CT5-V Model
Great! What time frame are you thinking?
Well, doing this right costs a lot of money. Plus so much lead time to get things to production. As soon as I know this process is good and manageable I will get the next one started. A long way of saying.... Not sure yet.
Better build a small factory because your going to be busy if you can pull this off ! Much respect ! We appreciate it.
Dude, I wish I could bring everything under my own roof to better control things. One day....

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the molds are arriving! This is just one of several aluminum molds we are using for the lay-up process. This is machined from one solid piece of billet aluminum, so you can imagine the cost. Having an aluminum mold makes for far better part consistency, tighter tolerances, resistance to heat expansion and produces a part with a much smoother exterior from the mold. It equates to far less labor hours needed to finish the part. Plus, I don't like cheap sh*t!

Aluminum Mold.JPG

Still tracking to have our first produced parts by the end of this month, but I do expect the first couple units to have small imperfections since the hand layup process is an art. The benefit here is any imperfections in the carbon weave will not have any affect on those seeking to paint theirs gloss black. Less waste means faster delivery, so I am glad we have some flexibility.

I will send an email to those on my interested parties list to see how they plan to finish their spoiler. That way I will continue to prioritize things in order of signup, but know I can fulfill other orders if one part fits a particular need. Hopefully everything continues to roll smooth.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the molds are arriving! This is just one of several aluminum molds we are using for the lay-up process. This is machined from one solid piece of billet aluminum, so you can imagine the cost. Having an aluminum mold makes for far better part consistency, tighter tolerances, resistance to heat expansion and produces a part with a much smoother exterior from the mold. It equates to far less labor hours needed to finish the part. Plus, I don't like cheap sh*t!

View attachment 10672

Still tracking to have our first produced parts by the end of this month, but I do expect the first couple units to have small imperfections since the hand layup process is an art. The benefit here is any imperfections in the carbon weave will not have any affect on those seeking to paint theirs gloss black. Less waste means faster delivery, so I am glad we have some flexibility.

I will send an email to those on my interested parties list to see how they plan to finish their spoiler. That way I will continue to prioritize things in order of signup, but know I can fulfill other orders if one part fits a particular need. Hopefully everything continues to roll smooth.
Wow ! ain't that something . Your certainly on the right path. Tell the machinist nice work .

View attachment 10672

How much are we thinking these will cost for the 5BW?
The first run of them is set at $975 shipped. I would anticipate a slight increase for future orders as the total cost involved becomes clearer.

I think two extra holes need to be drilled? will there be a template?
No extra holes are neeeded. The trunk already has all of them. At most you may need to clearance what is already there.
please add me to your list. I plan to clearcoat mine.

Thanks for taking on this project for all of us.
Sweet. Send me over an email address when you can

ETA is conservatively 3 weeks to our first production piece.

The cost of carbon is steadily rising, and materials getting harder to secure. Once we have the first one properly laid quality control I will open back up for orders. Then we can secure materials at a lower cost and while they are available

You doing the CT5 Blackwing front splitter also?
Yes sir. Those will come once we get the spoilers all settled and on cars.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back