Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Exhaust sound with the rear seats down

dstewart51

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
23' CT4V-BW
Found I can transport my road bike in the 4BW with the rear seats down, just have to pull the wheels. This lead to finding out how much more awesome the car sounds with the exhaust open and giving it the beans! Really lets in more sound, shifting cracks (cant get enough of) and decel burble. Thats all.

Last edited:
thanks for sharing! I like this idea, going to try it ...
Never been certain how "loud" the factory exhaust sounds, have even been contemplating a custom catback aftermarket (x-pipe/muffler delete/resonator).

My sons tell me its louder outside than I think it is. LoL

thanks for sharing! I like this idea, going to try it ...
Never been certain how "loud" the factory exhaust sounds, have even been contemplating a custom catback aftermarket (x-pipe/muffler delete/resonator).

My sons tell me its louder outside than I think it is. LoL
I really like the factory sound and the muffler is part of the aerodynamics under the car, so I am not going to touch the muffler. I have a Tapout catted down pipe on the way, this will allow much more sound out the back with the exhaust open but will still be nearly as quite as stock with the exhaust closed (so I'm told). Really looking forward to more sound but I like having the option to make it quite.

Honestly, every time I think about touching the exhaust I wimp out.
downpipe would be a good solution - but got freaked by catted with this thread (he eventually got a CEL). I live in a very strict emissions/inspection country.

^ Same, but after talking to the staff at Tapout, I feel better about it. There is a chance the CEL light may light up, but they say its definitely not the norm and only happens to a small percentage of installs. I'm willing to take the risk.

Last edited:
You'll have to let me know! Maybe I need to look there again ...
It says you're in Cali, so clearly you have strict emissions too. ;)

No testing for the first 8 years for the original owner.

Wow, shocked to hear. of course, you may or may not even have the car in 8yr.
Nonetheless - keep me posted on CEL status of your downpipe. Would love to see another datapoint.

Well, folded rear seats do also allow for better weight/air transfer between the passenger compartment and the trunk. We all know air is heavy, balloons with just air sink.:thumb

Honestly, every time I think about touching the exhaust I wimp out.
downpipe would be a good solution - but got freaked by catted with this thread (he eventually got a CEL). I live in a very strict emissions/inspection country.

That’s too bad. I put the Catless resonated downpipes, ported TB, green filters, Brisk plugs and the JB4 tuner in. Makes an amazing difference.

Attachments

• IMG_7389.MOV
    40.9 MB
  • IMG_7383.MOV
    6 MB

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC