Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dyno

Eberk

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 ctsv4 bw
What do you need to do for a dyno run? Hold down traction/stability button for 5secs? Pull a fuse? I know we would pull a fuse on hellcats but don’t know about these platforms. Also with A10 what gear should they be in?

Anyone know of good dyno place in DFW area?

Put the car in Track mode. Disable Traction Control. Pull from 2,500 to 6,200 rpm. Make sure the hood is open and there are as many fans as possible cooling the engine. We recommend 7th gear for A10 cars. 5th or 6th gear can also work if your local dyno shop prefers.

Put the car in Track mode. Disable Traction Control. Pull from 2,500 to 6,200 rpm. Make sure the hood is open and there are as many fans as possible cooling the engine. We recommend 7th gear for A10 cars. 5th or 6th gear can also work if your local dyno shop prefers.
Same protocol for the 5BW?

Same protocol for the 5BW?
Pretty much the same, yes. However, the CT5-V Blackwings will continue making more power all the way to redline. So you may want to pull to 6,500 rpm.

Will the dyno shop need to plug into obd port? I have my jb4 plugged in. Not doing any tunning obviously just want to see stock vs jb4 power gains.

Will the dyno shop need to plug into obd port? I have my jb4 plugged in. Not doing any tunning obviously just want to see stock vs jb4 power gains.
I doubt it.

I would love to see some CT5 BW MT results. I suspect the rated 668 crank HP is underrated.

I would love to see some CT5 BW MT results. I suspect the rated 668 crank HP is underrated.
Looking at ZL1 and C7 Z06 dyno numbers, it's pretty spot on. Most get 540-580whp (dyno variances and conditions).

Well dyno session didn’t go all that great. They had a stored car in front of rollers so couldn’t use any fans. Should have walked but figured was only doing two pulls and car was already strapped down when I got to the back. Should have done map2 first but did map0 (stock). The fuel bias was not set correct so that may have contributed to whatever caused the power drop off.

A10 car with brisk plugs 12YS gapped to .026 / gigs throttle body / green filter.

IMG_7731.jpeg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners